Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armored Warfare

So,

I've messaged a few of you about the initial concept and the general consensus is positive, so I'll go fourth from here.

I'm starting work on a Pandora Insurgency-type of armored warfare. The idea is the same as Insurgency, but with IFVs and main battle tanks.

Originally posted by Hummel
    I'd like it to be similar to Insurgency in regard to enemy AI proximity spawning, except instead of exact grid coordinates lighting up, the map would show a general (~1km^2) enemy armor zone. Planned features:

-auto vehicle respawn for friendlies
    -removed thermals from armor
    -reward system for taking out enemy armor (+1 Slammer UP, A-100, etc.)
    -BIS group management
    At the end of development, the total number of slots should be around 40 players. As I hit road bumps, I'll post here (or wherever relevant) asking for help, and maybe you guys can help me. Let me know what you guys think. Once I'm done, perhaps admins will host the mission for a trial run.

Kinks to work out:
    - JIP
    - Selecting respawn and automatic
    - Spawning AI randomly, in armor, once players are in proximity
    - Updating active enemy armor zone when AI spawn, changing color, etc.
    - TBD
    Last edited by Hummel; 07-16-2015, 05:19 PM. Reason: adding a kink

Re: Armored Warfare

Definitely sounds awesome. I'd love to see some hectic tank battles with tactical coordination; it's a great idea.

Looking forward to seeing it in action.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by Hummel View Post
      So,
      I'm starting work on a Pandora Insurgency-type of armored warfare. The idea is the same as Insurgency, but with IFVs and main battle tanks.
      Sounds epic and awesome. And sounds ambitious.

So,
      Kinks to work out:
      A few of us have dipped our toes into the dev side and would love to help you through your journey of taking this on

- JIP
      - Selecting respawn and automatic
      Enabling JIP compatibility is as easy as a line in a text file. description.ext to be exact. As long as respawn is enabled, the JIP will be enable. This Wiki has a detailed description of respawn side. You would want to use BASE or INSTANT depending on your scenario to make sure JIP is up and running.

Simplifying all that would be the following steps to achieve simple respawn with JIP compatibility:
      1. In your mission folder create a text file.
      2. Name that file Description.ext
      3. put in the following line
        Code:
        respawn = "BASE";
      4. In the editor of Arma 3. Put down a marker and name hat marker as respawn_west.

- Spawning AI randomly, in armor, once players are in proximity
      - Updating active enemy armor zone when AI spawn, changing color, etc.
      This is where things will get very complicated. Pandora Insurgency uses a completely scripted solution to this which is not easily decipherable. Their enemy spawn system in a file called spawnGird.sqf and spawnTown.sqf.

In terms of grid system they have, it is an intricate system that I have not fully comprehended yet.

So I offer you another approach which is easier to use. EOS is used quite often. Although default the AI setting is something we find very difficult which can be tweaked. BMR Insurgency is one such mission.

A dev has to place markers with names and add lines to a particular file (OpenMe.sqf) to define what kind of enemy will spawn on that marker as players become close. If you want some heavy armors ot be present, change the parameters to spawn armors only instead of infantry. A quick video by the author shows how this system works.

I will try to answer any detailed questions to the best of my abilities. Good luck.

Comment

It does sound good but I worry about the vehicle respawn times. Respawn = carelessness in my eyes and too many are too bold when they know the vehicle will respawn in X amount of time.

I like the idea though and frankly I'd like to see this play out with an element of mechanized infantry so there is armor and ground troops to clear out. Not everyone likes to be in vehicles, not everyone likes to always be on the ground. I know we kind of have that option now with the Marshalls in the Insurgency mission...

PS...is there a way we can adjust the respawn timer for some of the vehicles, especially the support trucks...it'd be nice to move them up from base to create a foward FOB with ammo , gas and repair capabilities. I'll post that up in the other Insurgency threads too

What would be real fun is epically large objectives like engage the 20 tanks and accompanying infantry....or work some of those ideas we've had in for side missions...capture the bridge, destroy the factory etc.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Well, I suppose for now I can set it up as an event mission with tasks and whatnot until we can get the dynamic system in place.

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
          PS...is there a way we can adjust the respawn timer for some of the vehicles
          the simplest way I know in editor is to set a vehicle respawn module, link it to empty vehicles you want to respawn, and set the respawn delay to x number of seconds.

Comment

[MENTION=126738]Hummel[/MENTION] mr bumblebee if you need script help i beg of you to PM me, im desperate for work T.T
            Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Comment

Well, I suppose for now I can set it up as an event mission with tasks and whatnot until we can get the dynamic system in place.

the simplest way I know in editor is to set a vehicle respawn module, link it to empty vehicles you want to respawn, and set the respawn delay to x number of seconds.
              Thanks for the input...I posted in another thread too...This was really a request for Unk and the current Insurgency mission but it could work in lots of other missions too.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed