TvT - The Package

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT - The Package

Had a little run of playing The Package.

This mission is on the Small Teams TvT Server and we had 6 vs 6 at one point I believe. First I'll explain the premise for those who don't know about the mission and then I'll outline my plan for changes. The purpose of this thread is to solicit feedback & suggestions.

The Package
    Each team consists of a leader, pilot, engineer, medic, ar, gl, marksman, rifleman, aar with a shoulder launch i believe, and a UAV operator. No launchers should be lock-on capable. Each team spawns on the south side of the island. Independents on the west and Blufor on the east. Each team gets a respawnable helicopter and 4 fast sport cars for quick transport.

The objective is a civilian truck at one of 6 possible locations. Each location is guarded by AI CSAT forces. Your team must find which location the truck is placed at. Then get that truck to your teams assigned destination which may be 10+ kilometers away from the point of origin! If the truck is destroyed when in your possession your team loses a point. If the truck is destroyed the round will start over and the truck will respawn at the original location.

Once a team has the truck and is moving a beacon on it will relay the trucks location but your data will come in 60 seconds late. You will have to anticipate where the truck may be headed as you do not know the destination assigned to the enemy team. You will use the helo and your UAV to track the truck more accurately than your beacon can provide.

The best out of 3 rounds wins the game.

Known Issues
    • Helo respawn - the BIS module doesn't always work so I'll have to script something to make this work. Last night Independents were waiting for a helo when the Blufor team got ahead due to this fact
    • Gear resupply - will have to look at a solution for gear so that infantry can resupply a little easier. There is a custom crate filled with ammo for each team at the moment until this solution is realized
    • Helo ammo - will pack some ammo in the helo's but do not want an unlimited supply of under-slung HE rounds raining down from the sky
    • Marker system - the assigned destination will also have text added to the marker to make it instantly recognizable. The difference between colours isn't always enough when you have almost 70 possible destinations.
    • Beacon system - may reduce the lag time on the beacon to make tracking the vehicle a little easier. The point is to use your helo & UAV to track the truck. However, at points I was driving 2km ahead of the beacon marker and Blufor was not able to find me but they were not using the UAV (neither was my team fyi)
    • AI CSAT guards - the reason AI is on the mission is to force a fire fight at the first objective so slow down the first round. The gunfire should alert players to AI/enemy player locations and make an intense first battle. Right now there is a 4 man AI team on each of the 6 possible start locations and they follow the helo around the airfield making stealing the truck miserable. May look at scripting more of a reaction force that responds to players at the truck location and randomly at one of the other locations so there is not 6X4 man teams to contend with.
    • Mission scale - considering how this might play with doubling the player count - last night we mostly were 4 vs 4 and it truly is undermanned at that scale. I'd like to see how it would play out with one of two other possible options to scale.
      1. reducing the area down to a max 6 km drive to the destination
      2. and/or increasing players to double and adding a second helo for each team
    • UAV - currently the UAV will not respawn. Will add a system for a UAV operator to call up another UAV if the current one is disabled. I understand they bug out sometimes and may need to look at a way to control that. Just don't want more than one Greyhawk up for each side.

Thoughts or suggestions?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: TvT - The Package

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
    Beacon system - may reduce the lag time on the beacon to make tracking the vehicle a little easier. The point is to use your helo & UAV to track the truck. However, at points I was driving 2km ahead of the beacon marker and Blufor was not able to find me but they were not using the UAV (neither was my team fyi)
    -I found that last night this was a major problem as it seemed at one point you guys stopped for like 2 minutes but then the marked jumped way over so i definitely think that this needs a change either making less time or perhaps leaving the time and just making it a smaller more precise circle so it is a little bit easier to try and figure out the direction the enemy team is moving.

Originally posted by Unkl View Post
    AI CSAT guards - the reason AI is on the mission is to force a fire fight at the first objective so slow down the first round. The gunfire should alert players to AI/enemy player locations and make an intense first battle. Right now there is a 4 man AI team on each of the 6 possible start locations and they follow the helo around the airfield making stealing the truck miserable. May look at scripting more of a reaction force that responds to players at the truck location and randomly at one of the other locations so there is not 6X4 man teams to contend with.

- I did find it quite difficult especially when we were just four men as it ended up being 3 vs 20 when we tried to get the truck so i 100% agree with trying to adjust this and i agree perhaps a QRF type system might be nice to give the time a slightly easier time to get the truck to allow for more PvP vs PvE.

Thanks,

Comment

Beacon System - now I may be wrong but the way I see it about the beacon system is it seems just fine, not easy nor difficult since the mission has a set view distance of I think 3km? That means both the helicopter and the UAV will have that long detection range on their aircraft radar. All you would have to do is fly in front of or around the suspected location and you'll get a direction and range on enemy ground vehicle or empty ground vehicle that comes within terrain range

As for the UAV issues... since control will stay on the dead operator if he dies, which means you can't take back control when you respawn... maybe we should give an option to respawn the team's UAV which would blow up the old one? I don't know if that would work editing wise... just an idea

Edit: I'm more out of shape than I thought! Helicopters no longer have radar
      Last edited by Xorilliz; 09-07-2015, 03:16 AM.
      - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

I had fun playing but It was stressful as a pilot. I couldn't hear my SL at all and once I got to the airfield I didn't know what to do or when to do it. I love to fly but next time on this I'm a rifleman.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Here is a question for you guys. Should players that have respawned be able to deploy into the helicopter from the base?
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Mission updated.

Change Log
            - added earplugs script on all vehicles to facilitate coms
            - added a scuttle option to UAV's so they can respawn
            - added the ability for players to deploy into the helo from main base to speed up the game
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Oh, also the beacon marker updates every 30 sec instead of 60.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X