Eden editor and Description.ext

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Eden editor and Description.ext

Recently we have been plagued by some missions handling JIPs strangely. Some JIPs would spawn as a seagull. This has happened in Enemy Assault a few times and I saw it once in Insurgency also. We played an old MCC and the problem disappeared. That is because the old MCC was done in 2D editor and was never converted to 3D editor.

Respawn type used to be specified in description.ext file. Eden editor however allows you to specify these under attributes. Relying on description.ext and leaving the default eden attributes for your mission causes these conflicting behavior for different players.

I have started to remove redundant description.ext entries and only using the eden attributes fields. I wanted to post something for those who might have similar problems.

Re: Eden editor and Description.ext

Cool that B. I was wondering what kind of issues would present due to those same values now being available in the editor. I really should make a mission from scratch using the Eden Editor and then add only what is needed from the files. No doubt we have some bug finding yet to do.

I'm curious, did you see a bug report listing this very symptom?
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I was editing Enemy Assault. And even with the description.ext saying Respawn 3, I would go into OneLife type of death screen. When I changed The Eden Attributes to Respawn, it started to work. That is when it hit me, some clients use Eden attributes and some used the Description.ext

You are up so early on Mondays... Can you reup Enemy Assault Pls. I just had to fix a very tiny thing with gear saving upon death.

Comment

Did not work on Enemy Assault NATO tg7, still spawned in as as seagull on random slots. At the start of the mission I would try some slots which worked, and then later on they also became seagull slots. Infantry squad and pilots were the only slots which worked the whole time while most other slots didn't.
        - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

Well, crap. I searched and everybody is facing similar troubles. Either with Description or through the attributes. No real solution was posted anywhere. :row__541:

Comment

following some breadcrumbs here and there. The most useful thread is: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/18...rd-upon-relog/

This issue should be serious enough to warrant a hotfix. Hopefully a fix would come soon.
            Last edited by hedgehog; 03-01-2016, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
              unbinarized

I had to look that one up.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Well I only had persistent = 1; on this weekend so this issue should not arise again if the BIS forum post is accurate. Still I'd like to have something running like that if we can get a second instance and this issue will be important. Looks like BIS has taken notice.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Whoops...thinking back...I'd turned persistence off before Xor had tested the same results with the seagull happening this morning. Sorry...so this is still an issue.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I don't think persistence has even been turned off. Mission stays on after reconnecting. That may be why I had those results
                    - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

So does this mean we should hold off on creating new content for the time being? Or just JIP/Revive missions?
                      May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.
                      -- Gen. George S. Patton

|TG189th| Cody

Comment

May not impact us too much Cody...I was wrong that persistence was off (i'd edited the wrong text file...doh!). So this issue may not be a problem. We will know the next time we play Op Reliable or Insurgency which both had this issue once I'd created the Eden version of the mission.sqm.

Also, there is no reason to not continue development in the 2D editor as per before.
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X