Liberation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberation

Liberation has been taken to Tanoa. It took several hours to add what we needed but we have a full scale mission running using all the Apex gear.

We grabbed someone's hard work from Veterans-Gaming and then added a custom arsenal (Thanks xorilliz!!) so we won't have Blufor in CSAT gear anymore.

Added:
    - Commander restricted to Admins and Pathfinders
    - Arsenal restricted to Blufor gear generally
    - B's revive is in
    - TFR support is in
    - TG Rules and Info is available in briefing and on map

Come and join us on Tanoa. Leave any suggestions or tips here.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Liberation

thanks for the hard work gentleman mission is great had a lot of fun tonight we all appreciate the effort you put in
    sigpic

Comment

I had great fun on Liberation last night. Looking forward to more time in game soon and to seeing more of the map.

Georgetown (is that the biggest town) really ground my frames down until Unk did some drastic magic.
      Not sure what he did but the lag went away when he did it.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
        Georgetown (is that the biggest town) really ground my frames down until Unk did some drastic magic.
        Not sure what he did but the lag went away when he did it.
        Too funny. I thought I had a move to make when I logged into the box but there was nothing I could do. I thought if I turned on our Headless Client we would get better performance but the problem was that the box was already out of headroom on the memory. The only thing drastic left to do would have been to turn Squad off lol. I'm not about to tangle with those chaps, they play TvT all the time!!

I turned off the old Long Play instance which was using hardly any memory (running with a password just to notify about the changes to our server) but I guess it created enough for us to gain a little break. We are moving at the end of this month to a new box because both Squad and Arma have grown and can no longer live in the same town. This is a good sign. Once again, thank you Supporting Members. This is possible because you pony up to make it so we can operate.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Had a great time leading a team through several objectives last night.

Kudos to Red team for being made up entirely of Irregulars. All six of them, minus me as commander, made for an enjoyable evening. I had the new players with me and it turned out really well.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I love the infantry combat we have had in both Towns and jungle, but especially in places hard to reach like the one Town surrounded by swamps which we assaulted in a linear path yesterday at night-time.

I also have been in love with VTOLs since arma 2 and got to fly the V-44 a bit yesterday with a varying number of pilots inside it (2 to 4)... It seems to work very well when having 3 or 4 people inside the gunship version. I am looking for people who wants to try it out more and practice it maybe on inactive hours on the server, even if its out of combat and/or with the unarmed version with its copilot's Camera Pod. Generally I recommend a high view distance for gunship crews how ever since I am definitely not going out there with gunners having 1 kilometer view distance... that needs to be setup prior flight. Even I found out as late as yesterday that the guns on that gunship has the ability to lock-on to other aircrafts, not only ground vehicles. I would love to see a 105mm cannon hit an enemy aircraft from the cockpit view, ha...

Haven't used the new MQ-12 Falcon rotary UAV in Liberation but I got to use it on a Zeus session once and I like it.... it is faster than a darter, does not require an airstrip like the grayhawk and has the most armament of all. I am looking forward to seeing other people flying it around in Liberation some time soon.

LSV Light Strike Vehicles must be the highlight of the expansion when it comes to opposition addition... GLs and ARs are more effective than ATs on that thing promoting small arms fire on vehicles every now and then.
            - Current ArmA Pathfinder

sigpic

Comment

I've made a few changes. The MQ-12 should show up as a bonus vehicle. I don't know if it will be controllable yet. The UAVs are handled differently. The infantry version of the V-44 I think its called now uses less fuel than the gunship or vehicle versions. UAVs also removed from the arsenal. Players were leaving them around the map activating too many areas at once. UAVs thus must be limited.

Thanks Xorilliz for the reports!
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X