Sector Control Modules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sector Control Modules

I'm going to be working on the admin vs player TvT mission we will play on Tactical Tues coming up on Dec 27. I have not had a chance to get into the editor much these mornings so I thought I'd ask you guys what you have discovered if you have been playing around with the modules.

I want to know how to tell which team has control of a specific sector. I want to be able to control the sequence in which sectors can be captured. Any tips?

**side note: woot 7000 posts!
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Did you check out the BIS page for sector control? It is pretty helpful, with steps on how to create the sectors. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/...Module:_Sector
    I wasn't originally going to get a brain transplant, but then I changed my mind.

Comment

I think you can use the expression of the sector module. It passes three arguments [<module>, <owner>, <previousOwner>]. What I have found is that triggers can be the area of the sector if synced. The wiki mentions something about disabling the module to make the sector and its owner final. I think enabling them back should allow it to be captured...

Comment

Yeah, it looks like the triggers were part of the old 2d editor version of Sector Control modules. The new modules with the Eden editor don't require the triggers.

What I want to do is to set a side that is capable of only capturing sectors starting from Alpha to Lima in sequence. For example lets say that Blufor would need to have control of Alpha and Bravo in order to be able to capture Charlie.

At the same time in this example the opposing side, lets say they are Opfor, need to capture Charlie then Bravo in order to be able to capture Alpha.

So, then if you use enableSimulation so that Blufor can not capture Charlie that means that Opfor could not capture Charlie either even if they had control of Delta and their next sector should be Charlie.

There must be another way to allow for this functionality.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse