Sector Control - Vehicle Rewards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sector Control - Vehicle Rewards

I'm using this thread to reply to a YouTube comment since putting in code examples into YouTube replies is problematic.

LINK TO YouTube Video

The question: Do you know how to make it so you can unlock units/vehicles and vehicles when you capture a sector, I have been trying to set that up for the longest time but have had no luck.

My reply to Black_Lithium_Gopro:

The simple way is just to use the createVehicle command in the Expression field, however you would likely want the vehicles to:
    1. be dependent on which side just took control of the sector
    2. be able to respawn if they get destroyed and
    3. not spawn in a new instance every time the sector changed hands.

To do that I would then create a custom script to handle all those conditions and track the state of each of those vehicles. You also would not want a vehicle to be deleted if a player was driving it! So you would need a routine for safely removing the vehicles.

If you don't mind which vehicle is spawned so it doesn't depend on side you could just use the createVehicle command. Place a marker where you want the vehicle to spawn in, name it "alphaVic" and then add this code to your Expression field:

Code:
    "B_MRAP_01_F" createVehicle getMarkerPos "alphaVic";
    This would only create one Hunter vehicle every time the sector changed hands, but at least it is a something.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed