Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry Platoon Mission Template

HERE IS A LINK TO A ZIPPED UP TEMPLATE

This is a 31 player template using a ticket system to limit respawns to 15. Only medics can revive.

There is 3 sections of 9 players. SL, 2XFTL with a medic embedded in the second fireteam. Keeping them to 9 players makes it so this group can crew and MRAP later.

I've followed a naming convention based on LowSpeed's advice. The platoon is Alpha. The platoon leader group is Alpha-6 and the PL is Alpha-6-Actual. The first section is Alpha-1 and has two teams Alpha-1-Blue and Alpha-1-Green. The other teams are Alpha-2 and Alpha-3.

There is also an end condition that the mission fails if all players are dead so you would want to change that if playing as a single player.

In addtion, the briefing follows a standard OPORD type format and includes Scout's pre-combat checklist.

There are two objective areas that need to be cleared of enemy presence. We could simply translate this mission 5 times each to different maps and have 15 missions by tonight. Change objectives slightly whatever, but this is intended to be quick and easy.
    Last edited by Unkl; 04-02-2017, 10:47 AM.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Whoops, to make the Pathfinder zeus work you need to add two more Game Master modules named "zeus" and "zeus1".
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

This is excellent, I am going to use it.

The naming standards are a nice touch too.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

This mission is built from this template but has the fixed UAV operator. The one in the template did not have a UAV backpack or terminal. Not sure how RHS was doing the UAV.

FULL MISSION LINK
        Last edited by Unkl; 04-02-2017, 10:48 AM.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I've followed a naming convention based on LowSpeed's advice. The platoon is Alpha. The platoon leader group is Alpha-6 and the PL is Alpha-6-Actual. The first section is Alpha-1 and has two teams Alpha-1-Blue and Alpha-1-Green. The other teams are Alpha-2 and Alpha-3.
          I haven't yet downloaded and opened those files yet...

Platoon leader is: Alpha Actual
          saying "Alpha-6-actual" is like saying Alpha leader leader.

If Alpha is the platoon callsign/name. Then Pl leader is just "Alpha" (or "alpha actual" for you cool radio speak) keep it simple.
          i.e. "Alpha (Pl leader) , this is 1-Blue (Alpha-1-Blue) ...bla bla" (you dont also need to say the full "Alpha-1-blue", lack of brevity is a tell tale sign)
          i.e. "Alpha, this is 1-Actual / Alpha-1 (1st section leader)..."

So I understand that if a platoon is "ALPHA Pl" and has "Section leaders" in each section. Which has 2 fireteam leaders under him? or just a section leader and plus 1 fire team leader under him?

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Rule of Two example, going off of Unkls suggestions.

Platoon leader, would be called: "Alpha", "Alpha-Six", or "Alpha actual" (personal preference "Sunray")
            (point of note, using just "Six" to me is daft)
            Platoon Sgt, would be called: "Alpha-Minor" or "Alpha-Seven" (personal preference, "Sunray minor")
            (point of note, using just "Seven" to me is daft too)
            Platoon radioman (if there is one, but not needed) would be called: "Alpha-Romeo", not "Romeo".

Squad organisation with 1x Squad leader and 2 fireteams within.

"1st Squad"
            1st Squad leader would be "1-Actual", "1-Six" (if using the "Six" convention).
            1st Squad, Blue "Colour" fireteam leader
            1st.Squad, Green "Another colour" fireteam leader

So going off of that example above, I think the callsigns should be as such:
            Squad leader would use: "1-Six" or "1-Actual"
            Blue FTL would use: "1-Blue", but not "1-Actual"
            Green FTL would use: "1-Green", but not "1-Actual"

To summise:
            Alpha-6 : Platoon leader
            Alpha-7 : Platoon Sgt/2ic
            Alpha-Romeo : Platoon radio man

Alpha-1 : 1st Squad leader (actual)
            Alpha-2 : 2nd Squad leader (actual)
            Alpha-3 :3rd Squad leader (actual)

Bravo-1: 1st Squad leader of Bravo Platoon
            etc

A Blue fireteam Leader of 1st Squad would be: "Alpha-1-Blue", or "1-blue" for short, but not "Blue"
            A Green FT Leader of 1st Squad would be: "Alpha-1-Green", or "1-Green", for short, but not just "Green"
            etc

Usage examples:
            Pl Leader to 1st Squad: "Hello, 1-Actual, this is Alpha-Actual" not "Hello, 1-Actual, this is Alpha-Six".
            (Keep the format initiated used, to mitigate confusion, and fluidity)
            1st Squad to 2nd Squad: "Hello, 2-Actual, this is 1-Actual" not "Hello, 2-Six, this is 1-Actual"
            1st Squad, Blue FTL asking for 2nd Squad Leader: "Hello 2-Six, this is 1-Blue", not "Hello 2-Six, this is 1-Blue-Actual"

It is to my understanding that the word "Actual" denotes who's in charge. So relatively speaking, this is a 'slang'. So sticking to assigned callsigns would be better overall.

Plt Sgt/2ic: "Alpha platoon, radio check over"
            "Alpha-1"
            "Alpha-2"
            "Alpha-3"

Hopefully, the squad leaders would wait for their turn in order. If A squad leader misses the call, his turn will come at the end.

On the subject of radio usage. Here's a kicker.
            Can we not only allow for FTLs, SLs, to use 142s (programmable for higher) and rest with none. Could this be something we can practice with?
            If the SL's is down, FTLs' are both down, then the Squaddies should pick up that radio off their bodies. It may already sound "tough" but it certainly would allow for closer integration within fireteams. Instead of the current spreading out far and wide.
            When the SL's FTL's come to, they can either respawn with them anyway, or returned back to them once "revived".
            What say you?
            ​​​​​​​

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Adjusted mission after first play through.
              Last edited by Unkl; 04-02-2017, 10:48 AM.
              |TG-189th| Unkl
              ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

I've adjusted all links in this thread to be to the latest version of the mission with the woodland camo, many adjustments to the loadouts, and removed arsenal box. This version is final.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

LowSpeedHighDrag - Copy All. I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the reasoning for using colors to designate fire teams as colors and Platoons by phonetic alphabet. It seems to me to be easier to use the in-game color designation for squads and use the phonetic alphabet for fire teams. There are multiple color selections available to support 4 or more squads, which could equate to 36 players in-game divided into nine-man squads. I am thinking from the Platoon Command perspective it would be easier to see on the map where the squads are located by using the color designation for the squad. I might be missing the boat here, so I am looking for the angle that I am missing.

If the fire teams were designated by colors and there were three squads in the field, would the map show three groups of 'blue' players and three groups of 'green' players at separate locations? Again, I might be looking at this from a different perspective. I understand the concept and like it, I am just confused on how this works out in-game.

Comment

I think it is more important at the squad level for fire team members to visually see their teams in colours relevant to their squad than it is for the PL leader to see squads in colours. This is generally because squads are usually running in separate areas anyway and the leader is clearly marked with a different icon. This makes it easy to keep track of as you know their name.

Now I guess that I was mistaken that Alpha-6 would be the platoon command group. Anyone that the PL decides is running with that group would be in Alpha-6. It doesn't matter to me how we use a call sign to designate this, but when we get larger operations, upcoming platoon leads will need to be assigned to this group and thus will be learning the ropes even in the guise of providing security for the PL in the field.

So, Alpha-Actual, Alpha-Minor (XO), Alpha-Romeo (RTO) and then Alpha?? for the other attachments to this group?
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse