Using custom compositions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using custom compositions

I'm trying to start using custom compositions and am having some trouble. I'm able to save them but am unable to load them in a Zeus mission. Can I get some help from you Zeus masters?

I've never been able to get them to work in Zues either. :(

Comment

Caps helped me figure it out. buwahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by BadStache View Post
        Caps helped me figure it out. buwahahahaha
        Well... whatever you do don't share the information here ;)

Comment

Somehow I'm having trouble believing you don't already know this, Noyava. ;)

Comment

No, no... of course *I* know how already... obviously. But there might be other people reading this later and maybe *they* don't know how. So could you tell them? :)

Comment

I'll try, later. When I'm awake again.

Comment

Ok, let's give this a try. If you want to make some custom compositions to use in a Zeus mission here is the way I was told.

You need to create your custom comp in the editor and you will need the mods active that are being used on the server your mission is running on. So for this example I am running the RHS, CUPS terrain and maps, CBA3, ZEC (zeus and eden composition) and Ares/Achilles mods. Make sure you do not have TFR mod running.

Open your editor and select a map. You can use any map but for ease loading in mission map I think using the same map** is a good idea. For this example we'll say I chose the Takistan map.

Place a playable unit down and from the Zeus module place a Game Master down. Play the scenario and then enter Zeus mode.

From Zeus find where you want to place your composition and build it as you would normally. Place your structures, vehicles, etc. where you want them to be in your Zeus mission. ( I just find this easier to deal with ). Go to the "system" module - development tools and select the Advanced Composition module and place at your composition. From the window that pops up click on the icon in the lower right that looks like 3 circles connected by lines.

You'll get a command to "select basis object" - click on any object in your comp and press enter.

Now you get the command to select all objects so you can draw a bounding box around them or select them on the left of the screen and press enter. You'll now see an advanced composition window that lets you name your category and composition. Do that and press enter. You will now see the first window when we placed the Advanced Comp module. There should now be a Custom Category and your new comp will be in that folder. Press cancel to close the window. You've made your custom composition.

Now to place your work into a Zeus mission. Open the mission and enter Zeus. Find where you want your custom comp to be placed and go to the 'systems" module and then select the Spawn module. Select the Advanced Composition and place it where you want your comp to be placed. From the pop-up window find your custom comp and select it. Tada, your custom comp is now placed.

If I missed anything, please let me know but this should cover the basics.

Comment

Well done. 9/10 (no screenshots for us ADD little kids).

Seriously, A geniune thank you Stache, I appreciate the info.

Comment

I left out the screenshots because I thought the pretty colors would distract you ADD...SQUIRREL!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X