Black Out Operations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Out Operations

Last night we tested some of the RHS and vanilla vehicles for possible black out operations & found that they just didn't work well enough.

I think we agreed that the idea has some interesting possibilities but we'd need a custom scripted solution.

So this am I started with this code which will create a light source and then attach it to the bottom of a vehicle. This setting was for a Hunter.

Code:
    light1 = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal position this;  light1 setLightBrightness 0.2;  light1 setLightAmbient[0.0, 0.0, 1.0];  light1 setLightColor[0.0, 0.0, 1.0];  light1 lightAttachObject [this, [0,-2,-1.7]];
    Later will come adding addActions to vehicles to turn the Black Out LIght on and off. In RHS these are designated to the driver as "(BO) Light On" in the driver action menu.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

"Wait...what???", I heard someone say....what are Black Out operations?

This is when you are operating at night and are not using any illumination. The idea is that if you are operating as troops with no NVG capability then how do you move vehicles down a road way.

You have Black Out lights that are generally small lights over the brake lights that are very dim. You have to follow very closely and control speed precisely. You also must communicate very well among the vehicles in the convoy.

We tested some of this last night and it was quite an awesome atmosphere to be following in the third vehicle, entering some trees and losing the moonlight...just following some faint lights ahead.

I can see some missions upcoming where you are an independent faction moving assets across the map in the dead of night. Sneaky sneaky stuff.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member

SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse