Unwated dependencies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Unwated dependencies

So Captain Shawn saw the discord and sent me a message on how to easily get rid of dependencies. Thanks Shawn:

Hello,

I saw your post about unwanted dependencies in some missions, like TFAR. I wanted to tell you that there is a relatively easy way to get rid of an unwanted dependency. You can use the merge function within the editor to get rid of an unwanted mod. All you have to do is load the game up with the correct mod set, and then select the merge option under scenario on the top left of the editor.

One example:
    I made a mission with RHSAF, ACE, TFAR and CBA on the Altis map. However, I didn't want TFAR but I already completed the mission. You can reload the game with RHSAF, ACE, and CBA on the Altis map and select merge. It will copy all of the mission assets but disregard the TFAR elements. You can then resave the newly merged mission and it will be free of any TFAR limitations.

Merging does not copy the other files, just the mission.sqm, so make sure to copy those over to the new file location. It also doesn't copy the environment settings so reset those as you wish. However, it is much easier than trying to sift through the mission.sqm for the dependencies. Keep in mind that doing this will get rid of all assets associated with the unwanted mod, so if it was vital then this may not be the best solution.

Good luck!

Shawn

Very easy and cool tip. Thanks CapS & and for passing that along hedgehog.
    |TG189| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Admin
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    Thank You To our Supporting Members -
    "Place your playable units and do your tactical barbie" - Roque_THE_GAMER

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed