Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a Mission idea? - Here is where to post it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Mission idea? - Here is where to post it!

Hello all,

Some of you have seen some of the excellent missions that have been created here at TG and I am sure that there may be some of you that have ideas for missions, but may not have the confidence yet to create your own.

Well here is where you can ge to put your idea. This idea may then be taken up by the "TG ArmA Mission Team" for creation on these servers. Anyone who submits an idea will be involved in the development of the mission, so that not only will you see your idea come to fruition but hopefully you will also learn a little bit about mission creation.

So here is the format:

Mission submitted by:
    Mission Name:
    ArmA Island Chosen:
    CoOp/TvT:
    Mission Idea Overview (MIO):

Anyway, get those creative juices flowing and be a part of "TG-ArmA" rather than just playing here!

BR's
    BD1 and the TG ArmA Mission Team
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Got a Mission idea? - Here is where to post it!

Mission submitted by: Ace King
    Mission Name: Pablo Escobar's Fury, The Revenge of Pablo Escobar, or whatever...
    ArmA Island Chosen: Sara Lite or ACE Gaia
    CoOp/TvT: TvT

Time - sometime in 1992
    Location - Medellín, Colombia or Bogota, Columbia

Beta version Summary:
    BLUFOR - Columbia Police Task Force and the "Search Bloc" (about 15 slots)
    OPFOR - Pablo Escobar as "Head of OPFOR" and rest as Medellin Cartel (about 8 slots)
    INDEPENDENT - Columbian citizens (about 20 slots)

Pablo Escobar and Medellin Cartel hires Columbian citizens to kill Columbia police officers. For every Columbian police that Columbian citizen kills, OPFOR rewards them (need some kind of reward system script with money or weapons). Columbian citizen starts with no weapons. When they join OPFOR (Join Script like Operation Golden Eagle), they can be given pistols. For every Columbian police officer they kill after that, they are rewarded with better weapons. BLUFOR must either eliminate all medellin cartel, or only kill Pablo Escobar in order to win mission. BLUFOR can arrest bad Columbian citizens, and could be awarded with better weapons or vehicles for every time they arrest a bad Columbian citizen.

Comment

Using the detect objective to have a real recon mission. Perhaps something covering the work of COLT teams, especially with beita's FO script and/or laser designation.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocal View Post
        Using the detect objective to have a real recon mission. Perhaps something covering the work of COLT teams, especially with beita's FO script and/or laser designation.
        I've always wanted to do a recce mission, would be a cool mission to play I think.

There is the knowsAbout command which could be used to detect if the players have "spotted" the objective (don't know if it works on static objects).

Would need to have some dynamic AI patrols, or a looot of work with waypoints though. Perhaps DAC or UPS could be used for it.

[Blackdog1 input - Beita maybe you want to work with Apocal at creating said mission?]
        Last edited by Blackdog1; 04-27-2009, 12:27 AM. Reason: Input

Comment

Guys....

Missing the point of this thread slightly...This is where people who maybe do not have the mission skills can put forward ideas for missions.

Ace King...you know how to make a mission so this discussion needs to be done in the main mission and mod development.

There is a format proposed and then the Mission team can select ideas for development. General Carver is head of the newly created TG Mission Team and either a selected mission can be a total team effort or a team member may choose to work with a TG member, i.e. Beita with Apocal, or previously Homer Johnston with Macolik.

Once one of the TG Mission team take interest in building a mission based on an idea here, they can start a new thread in the main section below to discuss the mission proposed. I.e. Beita may start a thread called "Recon Mission" and he and Apocal can bounce idas around with others input.

Hope this makes the idea behind this a little clearer?

BR's
          BD1
          BlackDog1

Comment

I would love to see the ACE LOAL-HIGH mode with the Hellfire being used to take out enemy armor. This video by mrGC demonstrates it:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T8y0JYp1P4&feature=channel_page[/media]

Basically, a missile is fired from a Cobra over 6km from the target(behind a hill, where it is safe), when the missile is in air, a laser designator is used at the location where the armor is, to direct the missile to its target.
            The target armor is destroyed, from over 6km away and the target armor, whether it is pvp or coop, never saw it coming. Very awesome.

Sorry for not using your form B-dog, this is more a concept that can be used in a mission really :)
            Last edited by sparks50; 05-25-2009, 05:03 PM.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

sparks50,

Although I agree that it is an interesting and enjoyable feature, I'm not sure it is necessarily suitable for a TvT missions because the adversarial force really doesn't have any way to counter the threat making the whole scenario actually quite boring for them. Of course, their mission could be to locate the special forces spotter, but the spotters never have to give away their position and they could themselves be miles away.

Obviously, it could be utilized in a Coop, but I'm still not sure what makes it anything but really quite easy.

Comment

Mission submitted by:Browna3
                Mission Name: Operation Sandman
                ArmA Island Chosen:Opx Avgani
                CoOp/TvT:TvT

the basic idea is to try and recreate a similar style game to project realitys "insurgency mode" Ideally it would be a 8v20 game. The main objectives for the blufor would be to search and destroy 3 weapons caches and then return to base. Also (not sure if this is possible) the cache would spawn in 3 random places. The opfor forces have to defend their caches as best as possible eliminating all 8 members of the US SF strike team sent to destroy them.

There would be a number of civillians around the map to help slow down the blufor forces as killing too many would end the mission (is that possible?)

I would also like to see, if possible, a number of ied (simulated mines) i.e pressure sensitive (again is this possible?)

there would be no JIP or Respawn on this mission to keep it realistic.

As for assets the Us team would receive 2 humvees to help with insertion and extraction.

If the blufor succeed in destroying the caches then they have to return to an extraction point were they will end the mission (simulating a pick up by heli)

oh and humvess wouldnt respawn.

and another thought the kit load outs would be set so no weapons crates at the start for the blufor.

please PM me with any suggestions and tips on how this could be implemented if at all.

ty :)

Comment

Browna3 nice idea...

In fact it has already been produced:
                  http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=71922

A very similar concept was just added to server1 "Operation Vixen". 40 Blufor, 8 Opfor and 2 Press guys.

4 Objectives for the Opfor to achive, Blufor defends, lots of civs, 3 Revives only by the medic, Radio comms only by Radio Operators.... Pretty similar concept, would be easy to port to another map.

I am also going to revise "The Street Sweeper to Version 5" where there will be the opportunity to have a handful of Opfor players. Blufor basically sweepes the streets of Avgani clearing sectors.

:D
                  BlackDog1

Comment

awwww dang it. oh well, im sure il come up with another idea soon enough :)

i seem to be coming up with loads of ideas atm.

just had another idea!

this time co-op

MIO

3 independents play 3 kidnapped soldiers somewhere in the southern part of the city. (would this make it TvT?)

first objective is to rescue them. simple enough. lots of op four guarding the surrounding area

once they have been rescued they tell the blufor of a high ranking officicer who will be travelling to the city from the north. The blufor for then have 10 minutes before he starts to move down in a convoy. also the kidnapped soldiers can join in with the next objective.

at this point the blufor then has the option of setting up an ambush along the road to destroy the convoy (will consist of 5ton trucks with men in a bmp? and a civilian car with the officer in.) or wait until he gets into the city and blow up the building he goes to with satchel charges.

upon completion of the second objective they remaining opfour forces need to move to the extraction point on the west side of the map.

Comment

Has anyone here seen the movie "Delta Force" with Chuck Norris?

Well im not a mission builder but this would be an awesome movie to turn into a mission for TG. Obviously you wouldn't remake the whole movie but take the key action parts like the assualt on the main base, hunting down the main villain and finally assualt the airfield and take back the plane (in ArmA2 it would be the C-130).

Anyone up for the challenge?

Oh, if someone actually does this i will give you the Delta Force theme song.
                      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Bloody Hotel:

Enemy insurgents kidnapped one of our high rank Officers. They are holding him at one of the Hotels in the city. Small team of special forces will attack the hotel and free Officer. Its suppose to be a small mission, just to have a fun. Lots of fighting in the buildings, then extraction by a chopper.

Comment

Mission submitted by:Eugene

Mission Name:Falling into Hell.

ArmA Island Chosen:Chernarus

CoOp/TvT:CoOp

Search and rescue mission: A night mission where a group of 25 soldiers leaving main base(airport) is parra dropped with a C130 into a designated area where they have to do a search and rescue .Three teams will be dropped in designated para drop zones in one go.The teams then have to assault small enemy strongholds or villages to gather info on the location of the officer.After all info is gathered and collected it will reveal the location of the officer.For this to happen all 3 teams have to meet at a random rally point from where they will then do their final assault on the officers location.All 3 bits of info will reveal the location of the officer.As soon as the officer is rescued and taken safely back to main base(Airport) including all infantry the mission will end.

1.)Teams: Alpha;Bravo;Charlie; Foxtrot.
                          Alpha:8 infantry.
                          Bravo:8 infantry.
                          Charlie:8 infantry.
                          Foxtrot:1 pilot.
                          2.)Team Tasks:
                          Alpha:Assualt and gather info from village1.Regroup with Bravo and Charlie at agreed rally
                          point.Rescue officer from new location.
                          Bravo:Assualt and gather info from village2.Regroup with Alpha and Charlie at agreed rally point.
                          Rescue officer from new location.
                          Charlie: Assualt and gather info from village3.Regroup with Alpha and Bravo at agreed rally
                          point. Rescue officer from new location.

Foxtrot:Transporting of infantry.Respond to all team leaders for transport request.
                          Fire support :By assisting teams with bombardment or attacking certain enemy targets.
                          Ammo support:Provide ammo to infantry via helicopter.No dropping of of ammo
                          crates.Infantry have to rearm at helicopter.
                          Aircrafts to be used:C130;F-35B and MH60S
                          3.)Respawn: No respawn for infantry.Only the pilot can respawn.We need him!
                          4.)Options: Night vision on or off.Maps only for leaders.Time between 23h00 and 03h00

Well that is my idée in a nutshell.This is just the primary stuff I would like to see.Really hope someone can create this.My whole purpose of this mission is to create navigational skills.People in a scense should feel lost after para dropping into their designated zones.And the only 2 things that they can rely on is their compass and radio communication.:row__530:
                          Last edited by Gena; 07-17-2009, 01:30 AM.
                          |TG| Eugene
                          sigpic
                          Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

If you want to practice navigational skills play the mission I threw up, Cat and Mouse, as the mice.

Otherwise, it looks like a good idea. I always wanted to play with mass airdropping of infantry from C-130's. I'll see about tackling that
                            ---Bellicosity---

Comment

Eugene...you wont have long to wait on this one! ;) It's called GreyFox Down!

:D
                              BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse