2 new missions coming...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new missions coming...

I have two new missions in the pipe line that i have been working on, one is almost finished and is called operation cobra the other is very much still at basics and is un-named atm.

Operation Cobra is an Avgani CQB map with IED's in and to make it less predictable the IED's will be scripted as random. the objective is to clear the 4 insurgent strongholds and assassinate the 2 insurgent officers which could be located anywhere with in the 4 strongholds.

the un-named basics mission is going to entail the Iraqi army in conjunction with the Americans, have spotted our insurgent base and are on their way to clear us out you have to hold off the Iraqi army and Americans, once this is done you will have to make a counter-attack on the American FOB Sykes on the outskirts of avgani.

I intend to release 2 versions of Operation Cobra one with JIP and respawn, the other without (for Sunday events or for more difficulty).

I've had a lot of help on Operation Cobra from general carver for basically teaching me to use the editor more effectively and helping with randomization scripts. You can expect both of these missions ready to be used on TG servers by 3/05/09 or at latest 10/05/09 that is unless some stuff goes horribly wrong.
    Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Re: 2 new missions coming...

Have at look at my Street Sweeper mission on the server, pretty similar concept and may give you some ideas of things to change or include!
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

yeah i will do that, Operation cobra was really meant to just get me use to the editor and how to use scripts and stuff. The un-named mission will be my main focus over the next week once i have just finished off Operation Cobra which was originally intended to be an assassination type mission but then i thought that you wouldn't take out the officers and leave whichever strongholds you have left so might put weapons caches at each the strongholds for a logical reason to take out the other strongholds even if you have got the two officers already.

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Comment

Yep. I think they will be nice missions to play. Looking forward to the second scenario.
        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

I would like to call for some help naming the second mission so far i only have one thought for it, the basics of the mission is that you are defending a insurgent hideout in the city that has become known to the American forces and then later you are given more things to do cant really elaborate as i want you all to be surprised when you first play and succeed in the mission. the name i have so far is : hurriya ma-ta. which in English means the freedom to die as a rough translation.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and you never know yours could be used and you will be credited for naming it in the mission brief.

Comment

Some ideas:
            Operation_Citadel
            Jihad_Rising
            Scorpions_Revenge
            The_tears_of Allah
            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
              The_tears_of Allah
              I think we have the name. thnx blackdog.

Comment

I got it! Perfect Name: Simbad's Salty Peanut Adventure
                Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

LOL i like that one better

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                  The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

ok time for an update: Tears of Allah is almost ready for testing and the latest version of operation cobra is almost ready as well.
                    the reason its taken so long is that my motherboard failed on me and took a fortnight to repair. I expect the latest versions of both missions ready to go on server by teh end of this week around the 31st.

Comment

I need some peeps for play testing The Tears Of Allah. if interested just speek up in this thread.

Comment

I'd be happy to help if you need.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse