Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Project ACE co80 Sahrani Battle

Greetings Team,

Here it is. Our first project. This is something Blackdog started a couple weeks ago and was wanting the mission development team to take it on. And so we shall. I will divide up the various parts of this mission among the team. Each of us will work on our part and bring it all back together.

Sahrani Battle is a large scale cooperative mission the admins see as being the default mission on either server 1 or 2.

I'd like to have this done by Sunday May 10th (this coming sunday.). I think that's enough time to layout units. We shouldn't really need to do much testing. Its a pretty straight forward scenario. Below is the general idea behind the map, the download link for the work in progress version of the map for your reference, and also a description of each objective. At the very bottom is the list of objectives/tasks that each person is assigned to.

Mission: ACE co80 Sahrani Battle
    Island: Sahrani

---OBJECTIVE LIST---

1. Dolores
    Enemy patrols in city. Civs too (add about 20). a few parked cars etc.
    2. Corazol (enemy front line)
    Set up city with baricades, emplacements, mines, men, AA defense, armor
    In defensive line.
    dispersement running north/south at narrowist land mass connecting island.
    focus putting units on/near roads. (like road blocks)
    3. Bangango
    kill general. place in a "hq", camp, etc. guarded.
    some AA, tanks, static weapons too.
    4. Northern Division (enemy troops)
    focus mostly on infantry. few static weapons. maybe handheld AA.
    lets say 35 enemy total here.
    5. Northwest Camp
    Camp in woods. tents, fire, etc.
    location: in N.W. wooded area on northern island. (Selva da Caza or selva de cresta forest)
    focus mostly on infantry.
    6. SLA Special Forces Base
    (map grid 177,080)
    monstly infantry, handheld AA defense.
    7. Pita Airfield (destroy air assets)
    destroy air assets. (few jets, choppers)
    AA defense, some armor etc.
    8. Antigua Airfield
    (destroy HQ building & air assets)
    AA defense, statis weapons
    35 AI max.

Random objectives (50% probability presence)
    9. Clear SLA special forces camp
    10. Capture enemy documents (in UAZ - long drive back)
    11. Sabatoge enemy FARP (destroy fuel, ammo etc.)
    12. Destroy Communication Tower
    13.Rescue POW

---Enemy Dispersement---

-unless specifically noted above use the following unit dispersement.

Main Objectives
    Should have 25 enemy A.I. men max.

Random Objectives
    Should have 10 enemy max.

Island Patrols
    50 men max. (any combination of men, trucks, vehicles tanks etc.)
    50% probability of presence.

DAC random island patrols
    to be determined.

---Mission Scripting---

Server side set View distance: 400m
    BASf framework (body removal, conditions, A.I. skill)
    TeamStatus
    Settings Script (for view distance, grass, head bug etc.)
    DAC/patrol scripts (too be determined)

---File Conventions---

1. Naming:
    FileName: ace_sah_battle_yourname_version (version: v1,v2,v2 etc.)
    Intel Mission Name (in editor): ACE Sah Battle-YOURNAME-VERSION (example: ACE Sah Battle-GeneralCarver-v1)

Each time you submit something it will be a version. If I send it back to you, the next revision submitted will get a new version number (v1, v2, v3 etc.)

2. Deliverables
    Each person will create their own mission file in editor. Conditions are irrevelent. ONLY include scripts you use. BASf and others listed below will be added later when everything is merged. E-mail me your work ([email protected])

---Dead lines---
    Thurs Apr. 7th - 1st revision of individual member components due.
    Friday Apr. 8th - Lead to review and inform members of any requested changes.
    Sat. Apr. 9th - Changes due.
    Sunday Apr. 10th - Assemble and release map. (Energy Drinks on Steven Seagal)

---Task Assignment---
    (refer above for descriptions)

aceking
    2. Corazol
    3. Bangango

LowSpeedHighDrag
    5. Northwest Camp
    8. Antigua Airfield

Sam Hoy
    1. Dolores
    7. Pita Airfield
    Island Patrols

Blackdog1
    Random objectives
    briefing
    friendly forces

GeneralCarver
    Mission organization, BASf work, trigger/gamelogic work. Subcomponent compilation.
    Last edited by GeneralCarver; 05-05-2009, 11:31 AM. Reason: more to say
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: First Project ACE co80 Sahrani Battle

Sound interesting, just three quick questions,
    1.Is the AI skill selector really necessary, I think its very difficult for Admins to choose a correct setting especially with a persistent mission where the player count will vary so greatly?

2.I was wondering is Aceking would trade Corazol with my island patrols, because I really don't have much experience with the DAC patrol script and when I have used it I've yet to get a really satisfactory result?

3.What about a small enemy human team (1-4 players) that could add some more variety and repeatability to the mix?

Comment

Only observation is the deadline dates on this...I would request we bump them out a week. Some of us have RL's ya know! ;)

I am also happy for someone to take the random Objectives from me as I want to concentrate ont he DAC zones and the briefing for now.

Also agree that 4 max human enemy may add just a twist to this. AI skill selector probably not nessesary but I have noticed a considerable change in AI performance by selection.

Chars
      BD1
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
        Only observation is the deadline dates on this...I would request we bump them out a week. Some of us have RL's ya know! ;)
        x2

Also, where may I find the download link?
        Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 05-05-2009, 09:09 PM. Reason: blah blah

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Update..

Sorry guys for delay. Yeah, we'll push the deadline back a week.

Blackdog...
          I will take the random objectives from you.. so GeneralCarver is doing Random Objectives

You can add in enemy human players if you like. That sounds like a good idea. One thought, what will be the Redfor's objective? (maybe sabotage Bluefor base?)

Sam Hoy..
          1. As of now we'll leave AI skill selector in. I disagree that there will be any issues with selecting A.I. skill level. You can try and convince me otherwise if you like.
          2. Work out any change of tasks with another member. It is fine with me if you guys trade some tasks. Just POST IT IN HERE so we know.
          Last edited by GeneralCarver; 05-07-2009, 12:22 PM. Reason: removing schedule
          Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Updated Schedule v2

====Updated Schedule v2 ======

Thurs Apr. 14th - 1st revision of individual member components due.
            Friday Apr. 15th - Lead to review and inform members of any requested changes.
            Sat. Apr. 16th - Changes due.
            Sunday Apr. 17th - Assemble and release map. (Energy Drinks on Steven Seagal)

reason: Team request for more time.

Comment

Updated Task Assignment v2

==== Updated Task Assignment v2 ====

(refer to original post for descriptions)

aceking
              2. Corazol
              3. Bangango

LowSpeedHighDrag
              5. Northwest Camp
              8. Antigua Airfield

Sam Hoy
              1. Dolores
              7. Pita Airfield
              Island Patrols

Blackdog1
              briefing
              friendly forces/enemy forces

GeneralCarver
              Random objectives
              Mission organization
              BASf work
              trigger/gamelogic work
              Subcomponent compilation.

Comment

Cool.... However....have you PM'ed the guys the link to the mission or did ya forget it again!!! :D
                BlackDog1

Comment

Mission WIP download link

Here is the download link for the initial release of the mission that blackdog did.

DO NOT merge your work into this file.

This is purely for reference.

One note -- the Northwest objective is over Eponia. This is wrong. The Northwest objective is to be in the woods to the Northwest of Eponia.

http://files.filefront.com/SahraniBa.../fileinfo.html
                  Last edited by GeneralCarver; 05-08-2009, 12:25 PM. Reason: clearing things up

Comment

I think it was inetresting to learn from some of the issues we encountered with 40+ players with the Scientist which is a 1.8MB mission.

There is no doubt that using DAC and many of the BAS-f scripts, adds a lot to a game size and therefore I am wondering if we try and keep this Sahrani Battle mission to say less than 700k?

What do you think?

BD1
                    BlackDog1

Comment

Hell Yes! The less scripts the better! I am ALL for not using DACS. I would even make it against the rules for the Mission Development team, but I know you guys use it a lot and would kill me. Soooo.. I encourage you to use the random placement feature of the unit properties dialogue, and the waypoints to create "random" patrols. After all, this is all DACS is really doing. I think we could exercise more control over the enemy presence and strength if we did our random patrols this way.

And I will add this comment. Its loaded in every way too, but I really feel convicted to say it. I don't use any of those scripts (DACS, dynamic ubran patrol stuff etc.). I have noticed, that in general, my mission don't lag anywhere near as much with 30-40 players as compared to the maps which do use those scripts.
                      Last edited by GeneralCarver; 05-09-2009, 12:21 PM. Reason: more to say, very controversial...

Comment

Yep agreed I think we pull DAC from this mission and then we can compare The Scientist to Sahrani Battle and I suspect it will run a lot smoother and faster.

I also use THobsons patrol script, It's brilliant, the AI have a regular route to patrol, but should blufor eneter the patrol zone the AI reacts to attack then when all Blufor are dea they go on patrol....it works purely with triggers!

Also what do we think about comms for this? I think with 80 players the regular comms become a nightmare... we could do the same thing I use in The Scientist for direct chat only? With the main squad leaders in a command net? or keep it regular as it is currently set up?

UPDATE:
                        I just saved a version of The Scientist without "DAC" and it just saved Half a Meg off the file size, taking down from 1.8MB to 1.2MB!!! So including DAC adds about .5MB to a mission which for larger player count missions is a LOT! I am going to tighten it a little more and see if I can get it down to 1MB!
                        Last edited by Blackdog1; 05-10-2009, 03:22 AM. Reason: UPDATE - DAC test
                        BlackDog1

Comment

nice. COmms? I don't think it will be a problem personally. Just break your teams up into 5 to 10 people. that shouldn't be too bad. People can mostly use "group" and squad leads/mission lead can use side as usual. I don't think it will be a problem.

Comment

Hows this coming guys? Been a little quiet lately.
                            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Yep now I have completed my two Schmalfelden missions I will do the bits I need to do for this mission.

BD1
                              BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse