Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPERATION VIXEN - CoOp50/TvT

Hello all,

Well yesterdays release of ACE 1.08 was superb timing as I could add the parachute insertion that I was looking for!

Here is a full briefing on the mission which uses a new concept in Radio comms based on the settings I used in The Scientist. Now in addition to Medics doing a medics role, the radio operators now have to do a traditional radio role, a role close to my own heart! :D
    Long live the Combat-Sig!

Operation Vixen: - Schmalfelden, ACE, CoOp50 (40 Blufor, 8 Opfor, 2 Faux News) ;)

Intro Blufor

It has been rumoured that either a rogue Russian Spetsnaz team or a state sanctioned team may be working in the area. Political tensions have risen of late and a recent crash landing of a new type of Ka52 has just inflamed matters. The Russians are denying its existence, NATO is denying it has the aircraft. The local German populace has reported seeing Russian troops possibly on reconnaissance missions, but they are vigilant and will report any sightings. Civilians are extremely helpful therefore you must protect their lives at all times.

This enemy squad must not be allowed to attack any NATO facility in the area as it might just trigger World War 3. If you find any enemy forces, eliminate them immediately. We will deny all knowledge of any action.

Blufor Notes

Commander, you have at your disposal a combined force to defend 4 key objective sites. The environment has become tense of late, with suspected incursions by a rogue Russian military team. The Russians are claiming no involvement whatsoever, however there have been a number of events recently where Russian looking forces have been spotted at key military installations, possibly conducting reconnaissance? We don’t like this and as a result we have taken the alert status to RED.

If this is a rogue group trying to ignite a new Cold War, they might just be successful. Be on the alert for any sightings and make sure you protect the four key objective sites in your area, namely the NATO Radar Station, the 101st regional camp and two other possible targets which are the main regional HQ at Camp Jayhawk and the R&D facility which is currently running trials with a new MGS Stryker.

Currently at Camp Jayhawk, we have a captured Ka52 which crash landed 200 miles to the north. Our technical engineers are currently working on the aircraft in Top Secret conditions as we believe the Russians were testing a new form of Radar cloaking device. The Russians completely denied having an aircraft in NATO airspace, but they know we have it.

Commanders notes:

In the command element you have two pilots, a Medic/2IC and a driver. You also have on this command net radio system, a radio operator for each of the squads, which is Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta. It is your role to manage your squads effectively and much of this mission may be the traditional “sit and wait”.

Rotate your Forces every 30 minutes to keep them sharp.

Friendly forces:

Commander you have significant forces at your disposal which include the following:
    Command Element – Commander, Driver, Medic/2IC and two pilots
    Alpha Squad – US Infantry weapons squad
    Bravo Squad – Special Forces team
    Charlie Squad – 32nd Armour Regiment
    Delta Squad – USMC squad
    1x Blackhawk, 2x LB's and 1x Cobra Gunship on standby at Camp Jayhawk.

Enemy forces:

Unknown but likely to be a small special forces sized team.

All details for Opfor will be kept for people to discover ingame! ;) Now the fun bit!!!!

Radio Procedure:

Command net consists of the following: Commander, 2IC/Medic, Plt Driver, Pilot1, Pilot2, Alpha Radio Operator, Bravo Radio Operator, Charlie Radio Operator and Delta Radio Operator.

Command will send and receive messages to each squad radio operator to relay to the Squad Leader. This Command Net will be conducted on a Group Channel. Command will direct his pilots as required.

All soldiers in squads have use of Direct channel only, unless there is an emergency situation (Radio Operator, Medic or Squad Leader dead for example) whereupon that soldier may use Side channel on their personal TACBE radio to contact Command.

Charlie squad has their own Command net between the vehicle commanders for co-ordination and movement throughout the area. All crews including passenger troops from other squads can use vehicle channel at all times while in transit. Charlie Squad leader must keep his Radio Operator close in order to contact with Command. If the SL decides to crew a tank, the Radio Operator must follow in another vehicle and may get the SL’s attention by use of the vehicle horn! ;) that the Radio Operator is driving. The Radio Operator is not qualified to drive tracked armoured vehicles.

At no time is anyone permitted to broadcast on the NATO channel (global). Any offenders will be subject to court martial and relieved of duty by the Military Police (Admin).

General protocol – Keep all communication brief. Pilots have been known to have verbal diarrhoea! Keep communications short, concise, factual. Commander you will send messages to specific squads in the following format – "'xxxx' This is Command, message over". If command requests information the Radio Operator’s response shall be “Copy Command, send message over” then when replying to command the Operator will use “Command this is “squad”, message over!” Command will then advise when to deliver message. All other radio users will wait until broadcast is finished before broadcasting their own message.

So thats a taster.... the mission uses TJ's new Civilian traffic script to add some life to the countryside..... FAUX News will be in the area, there are specific instructions as to what WILL and WONT be allowed in realtion to contact with Faux News.....

While the Blufor max count is 40, I think this can be played well with 20 Blufor and 3-8 Opfor.

Should fit the server polulation nicely... The mission uses Norrin's revive script, again thanks to him and TJ for their continued help. The revive system gives the player 3 revive lives. only medics can revive! If you are not revived there is no respawn point, so you will die and become a spectator! So do not wander far from your medic! Also your medic and your radio operator have just become the two most important players on your team along with the SL, protect them at all costs.....that also means they should not be on Point! ;)

Testing today, I will probably lock the server and will probably test at around 3pm PST (6pm EST and 11pm GMT).

Mission has multi-condition setting ability so morning to night options should keep this fresh!

Should be fun.....
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: OPERATION VIXEN - CoOp50/TvT

Drooling.

I should be on around then if ya need some more bodies for testing.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Yes yes...the more the merrier....
      BlackDog1

Comment

Looks very good. Gotta love the missions with the good back storys and such.

Comment

Everyone who wants to play join server 1 TS around 15 minutes before play...

BD1
          BlackDog1

Comment

From what I got to play (I was one of the two in the stolen Stryker MGS, so I died before we had done all too much) it seemed really good. Eagerly await full scale play.

Comment

For the five minutes I played, the patrol script was good. It was interesting haveing civilians around a stryker, but hey its a secret.
              |TG|Ghost02
              TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Ahhh you miss the point... to anyone it just looks like a regular Stryker... and its specifically NOT at a prime military installation to deter inquisitive eyes that are watching the main military installations.... ;)
                BlackDog1

Comment

But it is a stryker, that has guns. And civilians are walking next to it.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Yes..... and?????? You have evidently never been to Salisbury Plain in the UK where Tanks and other Armoured vehicles share the roads with Civ's moving to and from excercise areas...

I dont know about here...but seeing a tank or an APC in convoy is a pretty common view on British roads, so to answer your question.....It can be perfectly normal, besides who say they are not the workers working on it? ;)

Let your mind ......float a little, you'll have moe fun that way! ;)

BD1
                    BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse