IED's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IED's

I find it hard to get the right size explosion for the IED's as some are way too big but i like to punish the players for approaching suspicious vehicles so i use a gbu bomb. anyway the point of this thread is to get a little idea of what other people are using as IED explosion and what you guys think is the best type of explosion for the IED's, i would like my IED to kill or wound any infantry with in a 50m radius and destroy hmmv's and non armored vehicles in a 10-20m radius so it is not devastating but is still worth avoiding any vehicles. I would greatly appreciate your response and i might change the size of the IED explosions in my missions to suite what is more realistic for the explosions.

Gregos
    Last edited by Gregos; 05-28-2009, 02:01 PM.
    Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Re: IED's

There is a BIG difference between killing and wounding. 50m is a HUGE radius to kill players in, 10-20m for vehicles is also very large. Really, the only explosive that is going to get that is a GBU.

I would strong suggest NOT using GBUs for IEDs, or if you do, put in some heavy randomization. Randomize the location of the IED and the presence. Lots of small IEDs (handgrenades, 57mm rockets, 30mm HEI rounds, PG7V rounds, etc) would likely be more "fun" than a gigantic explosion that kills half the team.

Comment

Agreed, I love the smaller stuff where you have a chance, but hate the GNU's. To many times have I died when someone approaches a car about 40 metres from me, and the entire god damned map goes boom! Not overly realistic, and hard to avoid!

Comment

Unless the entire car is full of TNT a GBU feels like over the top. A 57mm rocket or a bundle of hand grenades packs quite a bang, disables vehicles, and kills or at least wounds nearby infantry. Definitely hurts enough, without destroying an Abrams on one hit :)

Comment

I use Jeevz IED script and discovered early on that the GBU is simply to big. However his "large" IED is about right, akin to a 105 howitzer round rigged to go bang!

Anyone within 20 m is likely to die and those outside of that zone will probably need patching up... it is what I use mainly in The Street Sweeper.

BD1
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse