How to edit >Domination<

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to edit >Domination<

hi guys would like to no how to load Domination versions on editer in ArmA would like to put my own stuff into the mission?

just give me a quick answer please thx skudd
    Last edited by skudd; 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM.

Re: How to edit &gt;Domination&lt;

probly a noob question lol but Come on guys just a quick answer:

How do i load other peoples missions like Domination & Evolotion onto editer so i can try put my own vehicles like add a respawnable A-10 at the hangers

Want to load A.C.E Domination [3.70]

Comment

If no one more knowledgeable explains, I'll try. I can be terrible at explaining though.

Comment

Download cpbo ( link: http://www.kegetys.net/arma/ ).

Run the cpbo.exe to add the "extract" option to the right click menu.

Navigate to your MPMissions cache, C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\MPMissionsCache .

Right click on the mission you want to edit, click the "extract" option.

Now you have a folder than can be put into your regular ArmA mission editor folder and edit it at will. Make sure you mention the original creator in the credits.

Comment

when i save a mission from editer it goes into my MPMissions

but when i extracted the files from MPMissionscatch to MPMissions in C-drive it just makes a normal folder
          nothing seems to be getting recognized in the editer

but i can save my own missions in editer and see them when i want to load them i dont get it please help
          Last edited by skudd; 07-01-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Firstly Skudd welcome...however may I suggesta slight change in your tact in asking questions. "C'mon fellas tell me now" type of approach is a sure way to get yourself on the wrong side of the TG tracks.

Try explaining what it is exactly you are trying to achieve? Is this just for your own personal enjoyment or for your own server?

May I also suggest you request the permission of any mission author before you go changing things for aything that may be played in public. This is exactly what I did when I made changes to Domination for TG ArmA1 on the Schmalfelden map.

BD1
            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

sorry about that did not mean to come out like that am crap at writing.
              all i want to do is add a few vehicles and stuff to Xeno,s Domination he says in his readme that anyone is welcome to edit his work.

still cant seem to get this to work though so any help will be well apprecietad

Comment

Well in domination, the vehicles are unlocked as you complete objectives. So honostly, there is nothing to add unless you want add-on vehicles.
                |TG|Ghost02
                TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Thats what i want to do add a few more vehicles and add a some Mg nests and stuff to the base

Comment

Not sure what the problem is.

Did you move the extracted folder to the correct folder? (My Documents\ArmA 2\missions)

Comment

Just place them in the editor manually. No need for complex or any scripts needed for that.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                        Just place them in the editor manually. No need for complex or any scripts needed for that.
                        Well, he is having issues getting it into the editor. You do in fact need a program to extract the PBO file. PBOView or cpbo works to that end.

Comment

My mistake, read this post in a hurry. Yes cPBO would do for that.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                            My mistake, read this post in a hurry. Yes cPBO would do for that.
                            Is he releated to C3PO

sorry...couldn't resist.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement