Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation Rasoon Feedback - PCLiPSE

Hey guys,

So yesterday we played Operation Rasoon, so guys what did you guys think? I know it's not bugged. But Some things can be changed obviously.

Armor squads, what you think?

Infantry, what you think?

and Air, what you think?

Regards,

PCLiPSE
    Last edited by MarineSeaknight; 07-08-2009, 12:10 PM. Reason: Moderator Note -- Thread moved to Mod & Mission Dev Forum

Re: Operation Rasoon Feedback - PCLiPSE

i think it was the mission that we were just playing and i'm not gonna lie...the view distance killed it for me

Comment

As far as air goes, first and foremost increase the view distance. secondly, get rid of the c130. The c130 is good for the first drop but after landing its near impossible to get back into position because of its poor turn radius. The c130 should be replaced by 1-2 v22s. thirdly, add respawn to aircraft except A10. With all those objectives especially the first objective being destory AA the helos need to respawn. Lastly it would be better if we had a harrier GBU or f35 instead of the A10, as the A10 could easily rape the enemy. plus the harrier/f35 have GBUs for better CAS.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

View distance, view distance, view distance. I couldn't see worth anything, and I think the AI a few times shot from outside of it. (if this isn't possible, they must have been right on the view distance, making it still near impossible to see them)

Comment

From armor stand point get them a lil involved earlier...And be a lil nasty add some troops in the tree line along the road not alot but enough to make us scared and have to watch were we were going.

Comment

rgr joman. Sounds good ;) Alrighty Guys. I think I've figured what I'm gonna do.

Comment

A few suggestions in no particular order. First would be to remove the airport crew. Second would be view distance, it should be increased. Third would be replace the C130 with one or two v22's. Fourth, in the briefing objective delta has a marker error pointing to objective charlie.

It is possible to assign different briefings to different units, this might help out a little so each squad is displayed their own briefing instead of the README saying to read only the briefing for your own squad. You can use the player reference instead of 'player'
              ex: tskobj1 = cmdr createSimpleTask["task 1"]; would only be displayed to the unit referenced as cmdr.
              ex: cmdr createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["Briefing", "displayed only to cmdr"]];

Comment

I have to agree with whats been stated so far in this thread:
                * View Distance
                * Replace C130 with V22's
                * Rearrange the squad listings (i.e. alpha is 1-1-a, not 1-1-f) Not a big deal, but caused a little confusion to some last night

One question though, did the mission end last night because someone hit the extraction zone?

We were just moving on the second objective when that happened. Is there a way to design the mission so that you have to complete all other objectives first?

Otherwise, i had a lot of fun after we got going.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Definately has potential as an Epic Long mission...

. Maybe Put the ARMOR at another point in the island..so when they spawn they can move to their objective right away and not screw about on base trying to run over bicyclists with a M1A1 ...

Match up Targets with Weapons... Why Take AIR after AA.. If the ARMOR was close..Why not send the ARMOR to take out the Enemy AA and such first.. Freeing up the Air assault on the Enemy Armor... Part of the Fun of Arma is the players creating the Assault plan etc... and not limiting who does what... Let the players be a bit creative... control thier "Stupidity" with RESPAWN times etc. Or maybe dump another group of enemy Inf or a Tank every time you lose a piece of Freindly hardware... Just a couple of thoughts...

Night is Cool... I like that we were about to have a Bad Ass Armor battle in the Dark!! That would have Rocked..

Also.>I was a bit unsure as to objectives by the briefing. Possible Spell out the mission by Squad and orders.. This is just Mission Polishing though..
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I tried to make the briefing as simple as possible. However I am going to take dagi's advice. So thanks for the codes.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the mission.

And whoever played yesterday Night "Operation Rasoon 2.0" that's the one WITH the V22 and F-35. Please tell me how it ended, if it ended at all. Because you were supposed to get Bravo before you went for Charlie lol.

And I have an idea for Objective Alpha ;) So that it doesn't take so long and so that every1 doesn't have to wait at base :)

So stay tuned guys. I'm gonna fine tune it today. And we'll play again. MEGA with full players on Saturday.

Comment

On the second hand. I'm not going to use that seperate briefing for squads. Because you can only assign it to one unit and not squads. So I'm gonna leave it how it is. But I'm gonna change how objective Alpha is done.

Comment

damn ...i wish i could play on saturday (gonna be out of town :(.... )

Comment

If there is ONE thing I would like to point out is: please, sort out the groups. Its a mess. Pilots are not grouped togheter and command is halfway down the list. Its a commander's nightmare.

Because other than that, we're on my second play time right now, and the whole thing is really fun. Just the groups structure at selection screen.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

Ok Roger. Xmaster. I'm going to Re-Do the players then. I know what you mean ;)

So right now. Final things are being done:

1. Fixing Player Groups/Squads.

2. Medic System, Revive system

Comment

Norrin just released/updated his revive system over on the BI Forums (also a link to it on Armaholic) . It's all script based and looks pretty good from what I've seen so far.

You could use the first aid modules, although I dont know how well they work in MP. They are pretty easy to set up.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X