problem with mission in MP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with mission in MP

ok i made a mission were you start in V22's that land at an airfeild then fly off when everyone is out. now it works perfectly fine in the editor but when its on multiplayer it doesnt work properly

anyway if anyone could have a look at it and tell me what the problem might be id be gratefull
    www.tacticalsites.com/~browna3/[TG]C0-op18_TouchDown.Chernarus.pbo

Re: problem with mission in MP

Known problem from back in ArmA1 times. The AI pilots tend to lose their ability to land when the mission is hosted on a dedi. I had the same problem in "Operation Needle".

In the end rather than have the birds fly away, I had them land at camp an the pilots get out. Then they seemed to land no problem. You may want to have the pilots, Land, get out, go to another waypoint across the airfield, run back to the helo and take off and the disappear...

Seems to me that the primary focus for the development of ArmA2 was the look of the game, rather than the functionality and unfortunately many bad bugs still remain in the game, which is disappointing after nearly 8 years of development now!
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Yeah. The feature of having an A.I. pilot drop off players seems to stop working on a dedicated server.

Now one way around this is to have A.I. present in cargo. THEN the A.I. pilot, on a dedicated server, will drop off the players and the A.I. in cargo. So, you might considering adding a small 2nd A.I. controlled squad in the V22's. And just have them secure the LZ, or help out in the fight some other way.

That method worked in ArmA 1. I'm assuming it works in ArmA 2. Give that a shot and let us know.
      Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

i decided not to bother with the pilot drop, was too much hassle, instead the v-22's take off just a the mission starts to make it seem like you just landed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X