GreyFox Down! - Mission Briefing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreyFox Down! - Mission Briefing

Well, after several weeks of messing around with various features of ArmA2 I decided quite a while ago that I wanted to do a Combat Search and Rescue mission. I have dabbled with this in the past, but did not really have all the elements or knowledge to add someof the fun effects to give a mission ambience.

I have therefore gone back to basics for the first release of GreyFox Down! This is a 70 player TvT with the option to play US marines, Russan Forces, Insurgents or local civilians.

A brief introduction:

Reports had come in about acts of Genocide in Chernarus, following the ChDKZ's aggresive push South, the United Nations had to step in and create a DMZ to secure a small stretch to the south of the country for the Western supported CDF forces. All sides had until yesterday agreed to respect the DMZ and the no fly zone over Northern Chernarus, but reports came in of mass fresh new killings to the North East and due to cloud cover a Harrier Recon jet was scrambled at 02.30 fitted with FLIR cameras to investigae claims.

The flight was called "GreyFox" and the pilot reported taking heavy fire in the North East. A rescue mission was mounted straight away. What happens next will be decided by you!

US Marines - A Rapid Reaction extraction team is currently in the air and on route for a LALO drop near to the reported crash site northeast of Berezino. Marines will be able to contact the pilot once on the ground with their TACBE (TS) Radios. Once they have located the pilot who is carrying the photo hardisk and must be kept alive, the squad leader will head to a choice of 5 different EVAC zones, whereupon a message will be sent and a helicopter will be released for extraction!

In support, the Marines SL has two pilots on standby and the swiftly created FOB in the south. They will provide CAS "AS REQUESTED" by the SL. Assets do not respawn, so use them wisely!

Insurgents - Your primary task is to find the pilot and kill him! It's as simple as that!
    Do all that you can to stop the US Marines getting him safely back beyond the DMZ, once he is there the only way he may be killed is by air attack!

Russians - Your primary role to to assist in keeping order in Chernarus and that means assisting the ChDKZ as required. The Russian Commander will liaise with the Insurgent Commander, who has control of the region. The Russians have mainly Air and Armour assets.

Civilians - I have long wanted civilian roles to have a purpose, in this mission they are the unknown wildcard element that will chnage and shape this mission everytime. These roles will require some roleplay and essentially you all become "Traders" and the trade choice of the day, is "weapons". The civilians have a variety of rols and all will be grouped together on their own radio network.
    Neither Opfor or Blufor forces know where the civilians loyalties lie and this is the key. However, the civilians are goverened by trade. If the agree to mke a trade with one force, either information for weapons or weapons for services like transport, then the civilian is duty bound to honour that trade until the journey or trade is completed. They may then choose to completely change sides once they have met the opposing force and not before. Civilians are not to be shot by either Blufor or Opfor, unless the civilian fires at them first.
    The roles vary from bus driver to doctor, to Policeman, but generally all people in Chernarus have the right to bear arms and these arms are handled via permit from the Police Stations.

In short, if you are US Marines.... avoid everyone! If you are Opfor, use all spies and contacts possible to find the Marines and if you are a civilian...decide yourself how you wish to play your role. Either ignore all forces, help once side and not the other, or help neither side! Choice is yours!

For a full briefing on the roles and futher information including a map, download and read the briefing below!

This mission is almost complete and should be a lot of fun. It is a JiP, it has respawn but players have to wait 6 minutes before being released from hospital. Porbably best suited to an event, but could equally be played in normal times. I intend to make a REVIVE version and a "Groun Forces Only" version in the future.

Rgds
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: GreyFox Down! - Mission Briefing

Cant wait to try it out. Now we just need to get people to stop bitchin' about TvT missions (sad but true). Looks like an awesome mission BD. Nice to see my PDF template put to good use ;)

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Omg i hate TvT missions

(kidding, looks good!)

:)

Comment

Now lets test this baby and see what she can do!Looks like a great mission BD.:row__577:
        |TG| Eugene
        sigpic
        Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Looks awesome, any chance of a special event for this?

EDIT: Love the briefing BlackDog, very nice work.

Comment

Me wants to play this NOW!!

This could easily last 4+ hrs and really recreate the carnage thats involved in SAR missions and trying to figure out a plan for getting the pilot to a safe sound and possibly extracting from a hot lz. :) :) :)
            FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Proper ;) Should be a Friday event :D

Comment

I may try to test this sometime Sunday...
                BlackDog1

Comment

I think even more "GROUND BREAKING" is your Printable, Downloadable Mission Briefing!! If you don't copyright it or patent it or something I would hope that this could become the standard for ALL Maps on the TG server...

How nice would it be to have a 3 ring binder of Briefings on the desk..and when they ask who wants to lead..you can flip through the binder to the selected mission, look it over and jump in, confident that you know what lies ahead...

KUDOS..!!!
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Yep...Xm created a file template for commander briefings. I simply amended it to become a full mission briefing.... It allows the mission maker to add a few nice easy features without overloading the mission itself with graphics etc...

and nope...certainly no copyright on this one and would be glad to see a few more...

I have one small problem I am just fixing and may try a test late tonight..
                    BlackDog1

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE[/media]

Only civilians will understand what relevance this has! ;)
                      BlackDog1

Comment

Looking forward to this BD. Well done!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

If I can solve the "notes" not appearing issue, its good to go...
                          BlackDog1

Comment

Holy quotation batman, that's a large briefing!
                            Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

It's a large mission! ;)
                              BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse