Official Editor Guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Editor Guide

Does anyone know of an OFFICIAL EDITING GUIDE FOR DUMMIES for ArmA2? I really want to start building missions but not a coding expert and so don't know how the scripting works. Instead of reading posts here and there, i would like an official guide that i can read and build as i go. I just downloaded Mr. Murray's Deluxe Editing guide and wondering if the script language is the same for Armed Assualt and ArmA2?

Also, for future help could mission builders post useful scripts that they have built or used so others can learn to build? It would be a huge contribution to the TG community if the experts code post useful scripts.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Official Editor Guide

Could someone post on how to place vehicles and units on board the LHD? I am looking for the hight that is required so that units don't fall through it and end up below it.

Stuff like this is very helpful and we will create a sticky so everyone can reference something like this.

Spartan 4

Comment

Code:
      this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 16];
      Is the code and the height is around that. I've found it really depends on what you're placing so it depends I think. Otherwise you get your helos bouncing around and such.

Comment

It would have been nice if the game creator it easier to place helicopters and such on ships. Should of been a auto recognize feature or something where ships are treated like the island where objects actual sit on top of the ground and not it in :)

Spartan 4

Comment

I will soon start making videos for ArmA 2 editor. :)

Comment

But i just want i guide that i can sit down and read. Videos don't do me any good.

Spartan 4

Comment

Probably the best way is to GUT an existing map and look at the code examples of what is working in that map. Of course adding Lots of time onto your project..
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Is the scripting identical to Armed Assault? If so i will read Mr. Murray's guide and work from there. Gutting a already built mission is useful but it won't do you any good if you don't know what your doing and what all the scripting is intended for.

Spartan 4

Comment

There are a few additions - modules, some of the functions, etc - but Mr. Murray's will work quite well to get you started out. To my knowledge, the only articles related to the new objects can be found on various forums. There's a pretty good thread on modules here started, I think, by BD1. Of course the BIS zoo - much wading through nonsense required - and OFPEC are good too. Both BIS and OFPEC have coding reference encyclopedias with code snippets. Much can be found by searching the respective ArmA II mission creation forums as well.

-BoD
                  BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Word is Mr. Murray is updating his guide for ArmA2 which will be awesome as his current guide is amazing. 330 pages of everything you need to get started and be very dangerous.

Spartan 4

Comment

Viper where can I get a copy of that guide?
                      |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Here is the link to the ArmA1 editing guide which you can use with ArmA2.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

Spartan 4

Comment

thx
                          |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Many aspects of ArmA 1 guide can be used in ArmA 2

Comment

Mr. Murry editing guide is a great place to start. No, I dont' know of any unofficial ArmA 2 editing guide yet. I'm sure Mr. Murry is working on one already.

Also, check out the BASf mission frame work for ArmA. That has helpful instructions for the editor which carry over to ArmA 2.
                              http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=912 (BASf ArmA download)

If you own ArmA, I would just switch back to it and go through the Mr. Murry editing guide and the BASf tutorial.

95% of the scripting and editor behavior for ArmA carries over to ArmA 2. So, your not wasting your time if you do a little ArmA editing, since there is more documentation available for it right now.

For learning ArmA 2 editing changes.. just open up mission of people who you know work. See how they are doing things.
                              Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X