Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music and AI Animations

Hi

I have started working on a mission and I have some questions. I have placed a radio in the base where you begin the mission and I've got music playing. The problem is that I want to make it sound as if the music comes from radio. I also want the music to be less heard the further away you are from the radio. Is this possible?

I also wanted to add AI doing special animations, situps, pushups, and so on. But I have no clue how to do that. I've done some searching on armaholic but without any success.

If someone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it :D

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Sir_Mustache; 07-26-2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: misspelling

Re: Music and AI Animations

Someone created "training" animations I believe in ArmA1, try searching for that.

I have also been searching to try and get directional sound from an object and it seems a little difficult at the moment. I have to say, I would be almost tempted to tell BiS to revert back to ArmA1's sound engine.. the sound mods were pretty good by the end and VON bloody worked!!
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Use the say command. You'd have to define the sounds in Description.ext first.
      As for the animations, you'll want to use switchMove/playMove, but I'm afraid this might involve a bit of scripting to loop them.
      The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Alright, thanks guys. If I do find anything, I'll post it here.

Comment

question: Can you upload custom music? That gets downloaded by the player when the mission is loading?

Comment

Question: why would you want to do that.

Because you don't.

Comment

You need to create a trigger, size 25-30 at the position of the radio. Then put song into description.ext as talking. I will look it up, to explain for you when I come back from work tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                Question: why would you want to do that.

Because you don't.
                WTF you saying?

ANSWER the question. NOT be a smartass. That'd be better.

Comment

to view animations you can download and use this addon for arma 2.
                  http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6056

As for you sounds..
                  1. Get the sound you want.
                  2. now you need to convert it into a mono 44khz .ogg format file. (check sites below for converters). I personally used a, uh, copy.. of sony Soundforge to convert mine.
                  3. place the prepared sound file into your mission directory (located under your my documents\arma 2 other profiles\your profile name\mission name\ ) Maybe under a new directory called "sounds" to keep things organized.
                  4. for you missions create a description.ext file and define the sound. it will then be available to you in the editor under triggers effects. (you might have to reload the mission if you do this while you have it loaded in the editor). Read this to learn about the description.ext file. Pay attention to the "cfgsounds" section.
                  http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

I think you should get into the habit of checking out scripting, editing and addon community resource sites before you get into asking editing questions. Usually you can find forums posts, tools or addons which can do or describe a solution to a problem your working on.

Helpful sites
                  www.armaholic.com
                  http://www.ofpec.com/index.php -- great scripting/editing stuff
                  http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page - best resource for scripting etc. complete command references for each game available.

hope this helps. Hope on teamspeak when you do your editing, get in the editing channel and usually thats the best way to get realtime help. I'm usuall there in evenings.
                  Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                    You need to create a trigger, size 25-30 at the position of the radio. Then put song into description.ext as talking. I will look it up, to explain for you when I come back from work tonight.
                    Great, thank you! :D

I already got the music working properly, although I'm not sure if gets downloaded by the player as PCLiPSE asked. And about the the animation problem, I used the
                    this playMove "AinvPknlMstpSlayWrflDnon_medic"; and then
                    this disableAI "anim" to make him repeat the animation forever. I found a newbie FAQ on armaholics forum. It really helped me a lot.

Scripting Newbie FAQ:
                    http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=7647#7647 (might come in handy)

Anyway, I appreciate your help guys :)

Comment

If the file is in the mission folder, it is packed into the PBO and is thus downloaded by the player.

Do be careful in how much music you put in, it can easily bloat a mission file size to be quite big. Not that there is a big deal with 2+MB missions, but there might be issues we haven't seen because most missions are under 1MB.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X