F2 Mission Development Framework

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 Mission Development Framework

Mission development frameworks are like buses - you wait an age and then two come along at the same time, eh?

On behalf of the whole F2 team I'm pleased to announce our new release of the F2 Mission Development Framework. F2 is the successor to the popular BAS f mission development framework for ArmA, of which your own BigC and BlackDog1 were fans. The new framework contains many of the features you know from BAS f, updated to work with ArmA 2, plus some new components which take advantage of the new game's special features.

For downloads and to find out more please see our online manual at: www ferstaberinde com/f2/en/ (English version)

Huge thanks to all team members and contributors to F2 (and BAS f), as well as the testers from Shack Tactical.

In terms of how this might work with WAC, I'm not sure yet - no testing done to date; but since F2 is 100% scripts-based you may find it straightforward to combine elements from both in your missions.

Re: F2 Mission Development Framework

Here's the working link :

http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/

Thanks for letting us know Fer. I know more mission makers here other than BigC and BD were fans of BAS-f so I'm sure they're looking forward to it's newest release.

| |

Comment

Well done mate...and thanks for posting. (You just beat me to it!) ;) I used it last night to add some touches to my new mission GreyFox Down. A couple of questions; Do we no longer need a game logic called BAS_Server_Logic?

Also I am having issues getting the Notes to display in my TvT, all the sections are filled out, the exec line is active in the init, but something is not triggering somewhere? Any ideas?

Best
      BD1
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
        Thanks for letting us know Fer. I know more mission makers here other than BigC and BD were fans of BAS-f so I'm sure they're looking forward to it's newest release.
        Thank you for adding the working link to the thread - I guess my post count doesn't yet allow me to post outgoing URLs.

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
        Do we no longer need a game logic called BAS_Server_Logic?
        No, in F2 we've adopted the isServer command for scripts that previously checked for the presence of that GL.

Also I am having issues getting the Notes to display in my TvT, all the sections are filled out, the exec line is active in the init, but something is not triggering somewhere? Any ideas?
        When you say you're not getting it to display, a few questions (based on an assumption):

Assumption: you are retro-fitting the briefing component from F2 into an existing mission.

Q0: When you say it isn't appearing, do you mean for everyone, or just one side?

Q1: Have you included all the following files (and folder structure) in your mission?

\briefing.html
        \briefing.sqf
        f\common\f_briefing_usmc.sqf
        f\common\f_briefing_cdf.sqf
        f\common\f_briefing_ru.sqf
        f\common\f_briefing_ins.sqf
        f\common\f_briefing_gue.sqf
        f\common\f_briefing_civ.sqf
        f\common\f_briefing_civ_ru.sqf

Q2: Does the line of code in your init.sqf file (should be near top) look like this:

[] execVM "briefing.sqf";

Q3: Have you completed all the relevant f\common\f_briefing_XXXX.sqf file for each of the sides that is used in you TvT mission? (you'd need to complete at least 2 for a TvT).

Q4: Or, have you edited briefing.sqf to call different files?

Please let me know.

Comment

Thank you so much for the framework! I've been looking forward to this moment! This will definitely speed things up! Thanks again for all your hard work!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Wow lol I had hardly absolutly no idea what was what til I messed around in the ArmA1 BAS_F now to see it here in ArmA2 woohoo. Waqs just gonna post a link on it 8)
            http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/EN/ (English language version)
            "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
            "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
            Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Originally posted by Fer View Post
              When you say you're not getting it to display, a few questions (based on an assumption):

Assumption: you are retro-fitting the briefing component from F2 into an existing mission.

Q0: When you say it isn't appearing, do you mean for everyone, or just one side?

Q1: Have you included all the following files (and folder structure) in your mission?

\briefing.html
              \briefing.sqf
              f\common\f_briefing_usmc.sqf
              f\common\f_briefing_cdf.sqf
              f\common\f_briefing_ru.sqf
              f\common\f_briefing_ins.sqf
              f\common\f_briefing_gue.sqf
              f\common\f_briefing_civ.sqf
              f\common\f_briefing_civ_ru.sqf

Q2: Does the line of code in your init.sqf file (should be near top) look like this:

[] execVM "briefing.sqf";

Q3: Have you completed all the relevant f\common\f_briefing_XXXX.sqf file for each of the sides that is used in you TvT mission? (you'd need to complete at least 2 for a TvT).

Q4: Or, have you edited briefing.sqf to call different files?

Please let me know.
              Okey dokey... Yes I have dropped this into my existing mission.

Q0 - Everyone..

Q1 - I have all the files except the ones I am not using, like NAPA briefing etc, I deleted those out.

Q2 - Its the first line in my init.sqf....

Q3 - Yep...all data inputed in the various teams individual briefings. (3 team briefings in total, US, ChDKZ and Russians use the same briefing, and the Civs have their own briefing.

Q4 - no I have not edited the briefing.sqf at all..

Best
              BD1
              BlackDog1

Comment

Hmmm. Any chance you can upload a copy of your mission and PM me a link? Would like to dig into this one.

Comment

Sure... I amgoing to have another look tonight and if I dont find anything, I'll whizz it over...
                  BlackDog1

Comment

Ok, after further investigation the USMC notes and task's appear..

But the Insurgents,Russians (same notes) and Civilians notes do not appear and I cannot see why?

I'll send you the briefing files to see if you can spot anythng.

Best
                    BD1
                    BlackDog1

Comment

Thats a whole lot of code. Whats the hit with this? I know I've seen a few scripts that have the power to desync a server with an execution.
                      ---Bellicosity---

Comment

Originally posted by DLBlue View Post
                        Thats a whole lot of code. Whats the hit with this? I know I've seen a few scripts that have the power to desync a server with an execution.
                        With the Preplaced Game Logics component disabled there should be no discernable hit to dedicated servers with playercounts of 30+. A lot of the scripts are designed to run locally where possible, so as to reduce server/network load. Equally, some scripts only execute on the server to optimise network load.

With the Preplaced Game Logics component enabled AND a at least two FULL ShackTactical Platoons (that's over 150 playable slots or AI), there is a discernable delay of 1-3 minutes for the mission to initialise across all clients. It's not the scripts - it's the BIS modules for first aid etc. being applied to so many units. So long as you know about this issue, it's fine (and it cuts down if your mission features fewer playable units synch'd to the game logics).

Comment

Thanks for the great work. Have used this in a number of scenarios without any problems, good stuff. I see you had some HC module add ins planned. Any hints?

Los

Comment

Originally posted by Los18z View Post
                            Thanks for the great work. Have used this in a number of scenarios without any problems, good stuff. I see you had some HC module add ins planned. Any hints?
                            Plan is to have the ShackTac Platoons wired-up such that they can be commanded by one or more players, whilst still fielding a full complement of troops. Should make for some quick creation of platoon-level ADVAI missions.

Comment

I'll send you the briefing files to see if you can spot anythng.
                              Thanks for sending a copy of the mission. Thought I'd share the solution here as it's probably of use to everyone.

Initially I looked at init.sqf and briefing.sqf, and could not see any obvious errors. Given that one faction's briefing showed but others didn't, I suspected that the issue would be found in the faction-specific include files. When I swapped these out for vanilla copies from F2, everything worked fine.

After looking more closely at your include files for the RU and CIV factions I found the issue: you used the characters " and ' in the body of your texts without escaping them. Whatever it is that renders the briefing gets confused, but instead of throwing an error it just doesn't bother giving you the briefing.

Remove the " and ' characters from the body of you briefing texts (i.e. the bits you are supposed to overwrite in the vanilla F2 template files) and the problem goes away instantly.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X