Black Hawk Down mission based on real events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hawk Down mission based on real events

I almost finished working on 30 player CoOp, Black Hawk Down mission, which is based on real Operation Irene. This mission was created, identically as the events in the movie. I tried to take every detail and put it into the game. In the mission, we will start play after convoy regrouped at HQ base and is about to come back to the city (Chernogorsk). I had to of course change names and facts for Chernarus world.

Over 2 hours ago Operation Irene has began. U.S. forces composed of 75th Ranger Regiment, Delta and 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment are trying capture or eliminate top advisors of General Imran Zakhaev. A meeting of Imran's senior cabinet took place today at 1500 hours. This is actual intel confirmed by three
    sources. Two tier-one personalities may be present: Victor Zakhaev, Imran's son and top political advisor and Khaled Al-Asad, interior minister. These are the guys we're after. The same mission template as before, infiltrate the target building and seize or eliminate all suspects within. Their meeting is being hold in Chernogorsk at construction building. Without these two men, local Russian Ultranationalist party will not be able to operate in this region.

At 1430 hours, our Black Hawk’s with 2 teams of Rangers on the board left base and flew towards the Target Building. Unfortunally, both of the choppers were shot down over the city. Ground forces had to fall back to HQ, because of causalities and heavy resistance. We left some of our soldiers who were not able to leave their positions, behind in the city. Two snipers from Delta, requested to secure crash site 2, until ground forces arrive. Sky is still being patrolled by MH-60's. Now after regrouped, we are coming back to rescue those pilots and eliminate enemy leaders at the target building.

Your platoon will lead a convoy composed of HMMWV's and trucks into the crash site 1 and crash site 2, secure the area and destroy both choppers. After these tasks are done, we will join up with Delta snipers, attack Target Building and eliminate terrorist leaders. When all objectives are completed, convoy will return to Chernarus’s Security Forces camp, which is 2 miles away.

For full briefing in pdf, information about the mission, read below (thanks for Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS, for cool idea of making briefings in pdf).

Briefing PDF:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/12113295..._briefing.html
    Last edited by Mikee; 07-27-2009, 09:52 PM.

Re: Black Hawk Down mission based on real events

We had a version of Blackhawk down for ArmA1 where we used the Avgani map.

Was quite a popular mission.
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Yeah, I remember. I played once. This one is almost a copy of the events from the half to end of the movie :)

Comment

Where's the hunting and eating of whatever the hell that was running along the beach? I want that as part of this mission!

Otherwise, looks good!
        ---Bellicosity---

Comment

I'm making everything since the beginning of the movie, but I don't know how get the marker moved to other position on the map.

Example: After first chopper crashes, marker will appear on the crash site 1. I don't know how to get the marker to move to this position?

Comment

"markername" setmarkerpos [getpos heloname];

I do believe

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
              "markername" setmarkerpos [getpos heloname];

I do believe
              It worked in OFP, but I tried in Arma 2 and it doesn't work anymore. I guess, I will have to make people to look for choppers in the city.

Comment

Code:
                "myMarker" setMarkerPos getPos myHelo;
                Works for me. Make sure you name the helo object to something and replace the myHelo portion with whatever you named it. Same for the marker and myMarker.

Comment

Its done globally too, but only for people connected to the mission. If you do a JIP mission be sure to update their markers when they join
                  ---Bellicosity---

Comment

Originally posted by DLBlue View Post
                    Its done globally too, but only for people connected to the mission. If you do a JIP mission be sure to update their markers when they join
                    JIP is my biggest problem, how can I update their markers, if when they join?

Also, can anyone throw here ready script, that will cause briefing not to disappear when JIP or respawn?

It would be grateful lol :).

Comment

Make a variable for each marker position

OnPlayerConnected have the server re publicVariable it (onPlayerconnected is only ran on the server ever)

Put an eventhandler to catch when each variable is changed and to update the marker position to the variable's position

Viola, updated marker positions for all.

Do the same thing when people die. Just be sure to not have players publicVariable a marker position because they could have it wrong, always have the server do it.
                      ---Bellicosity---

Comment

Thx DLBlue.

For those of you, who don't feel like download briefing in pdf file, here:):

Last edited by Mikee; 07-29-2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

One of these days I'm going to correct the grammar mistakes in every mission TG has ever hosted.

In the meantime, I'll ignore the typos and simply say, it looks great!

Comment

Does no one use MS Word or google docs? It catches these things... =P
                            ---Bellicosity---

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                              One of these days I'm going to correct the grammar mistakes in every mission TG has ever hosted.

In the meantime, I'll ignore the typos and simply say, it looks great!
                              English is not my first language, sorry for mistakes. I came to U.S. three years ago, not knowing how to speak English at all lol:).

Originally posted by DLBlue View Post
                              Does no one use MS Word or google docs? It catches these things... =P
                              I did use MS Word, but it didn't find any grammar mistakes, Idk why.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X