2 Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions

1. How do I change the Squad's name, so that instead of 1-F it says Mortar Gunner, etc

2. How do I set up notes and tasks. I dont have a clue how they work.

I have a naked mission ready, I just need to find out how to make the changes above.

Re: 2 Questions

I suggest hopping on Teamspeak and getting in the editing channel. It will be much easier to help you chatting than writing a book. I'm usually on in the evenings. There is usually at least one person on during the day.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Notes & Tasks are setup via the Briefing.sqf (DLBlue has a great link lower down in this forum for that). Renaming a squad's name... don't know if it can be done.

Comment

You can rename individual units (the Description field of the unit placement dialog) or you can use the setGroupId command to change the group's callsign. Keep in mind, you can only change the callsign AFTER the slot selection, so it will only show up when you enter briefing or start the mission, depending on where you change it.

Easiest way to change a group's callsign is to edit the init of each unit in the group, add some code:

Code:
        group this = setGroupId ["MyGroupName"];

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...