Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer View Distance and Grass Adjustment Script

Greetings everyone,

I have created a script which allows players to adjust their view distance, terrain detail and fix the infamous head bug. Its all done via the Action menu.

-Single player compatible
    -Multiplayer Compatible (client hosted and dedicated)
    -Respawn/no respawn compatible

Implementation instructions included in the included Readme file.

I really hope all you mission editors begin including this in your missions. It allows people with low end PCs to adjust their details and make the session more playable. As well as allowing players with high end PCs crank things up to enjoy the beauty.

Enjoy. It has been tested, worked fine. But let me know if there's any bugs that were missed.

LINK:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/12158452...ngsscript.html
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Multiplayer View Distance and Grass Adjustment Script

Should be mandatory for any coop-missions :icon14:

But headbug? I haven't seen it at all in Arma2, and even in Arma1 it virtually disappeared around 1.12beta.

Comment

Settings Script Updated (v2)

Just another quick reply here to let anyone viewing this know the script has been updated.

THE ORIGINAL LINK ABOVE IS STILL GOOD!
      (the source file on 4shared was updated)

Version 2 has the head bug fix removed. As some of you know this feature was not working on the dedicated server thanks to my fantastic scripting skills.

Also, I have heard no reports of players experiencing the infamous head bug which plagued Armed Assault 1 nor have I experienced it myself in a multiplayer game. So for now, its been deemed unnecessary and removed.

Enjoy and happy scripting.
      Last edited by GeneralCarver; 08-02-2009, 08:51 AM. Reason: Darn typo
      Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Thanks Carver.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

thanks carter, been waiting for this to be put into every mission posted here.
          FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Headbug is confirmed in ArmA2. Had a guy experience it in Domination the other day.

Comment

Gonna drop this into GFox3
              BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Thanks scope, i'll work on another release and add a working head bug fix in. I'll post when its done (same link as above will be used.)

Comment

Although script like this is useful, its exactly scripts like this that give players huge advantage esp in tvt, having no grass on and larger VD..

Comment

Fuzz, you do realise that Carver's script is mission-side only at the moment? It won't end up in a tvt by accident.

edit: Although an add-on version wouldn't be hard to make, a few minute job. Any interest in that?

Comment

I think you misunderstand him, Fincuan. What fuzzhead means is that since some players will be able to up their view distance to 10,000, they will have a significant advantage over those players who have to lower their view distance to get acceptable framerates.

Comment

I think he understood him perfectly, with a perfectly viable response. Since it's a script it doesn't have to be in any TvT mission at all. Ever. It's all up to the mission-makers to prevent it.

Nice script, btw :)

Comment

THIS script IS needed in coop. missions. Not everyone has a super computer. Trust me on this.

YES, you should probably not use this in TvT maps because someone who has a 500m view distance has no chance against someone who has a 1500m view distance.

This is a script which a mission designer has to put in a mission.

U know, I don't think I'm interested in making an addon of it.. because I would not want to contribute to people cheating in TvT.

Comment

Sounds fair enough to just keep it as a script. Very handy non the less, and so small it'd almost be a waste to make it an addon :P

I agree though that it's best suited for COOP. For TvT one can always use the param1 and param2 thingys at the mission screen to set a view distance everyone is subjected to.

Comment

Yeap for COOP its perfectly fine, but ya hope no one uses this in TVT.

But yea I was mainly thinking on addons, people having addon like this can very easily be exploited unfortunately :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X