Dead bodies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead bodies?

Can anyone give me advice on how to delete bodies? I've tried some scripts from ArmA1 but I can't get them to work in ArmA2

Re: Dead bodies?

You mean static bodies? Or bodies that you placed in the editor?

Comment

Simple way to do it is to add a killed event handler to each unit.

Code:
      this addEventHandler ["killed", {sleep 600; deleteVehicle _this select 0;}];
      Can change the sleep command to whatever timer you would like. This could potentially effect performance (not really sure) if you have a lot of units, or units that respawn (ie: over 200 instances of the EH). I doubt it would, but I haven't really tested that on a dedicated server with a high player count.

Comment

Originally posted by PCLiPSE View Post
        You mean static bodies? Or bodies that you placed in the editor?
        by bodies I mean when enemy units die

Comment

oh. woops :P

Comment

Given that bodies provide some measure of cover, I'm not sure why you would want to do this. It may not come up often but when it does...

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
              Given that bodies provide some measure of cover, I'm not sure why you would want to do this. It may not come up often but when it does...
              Because of performance. In large missions with hundreds of AI, especially in those that dynamically spawns new AI when you get close to certain areas, you would want to ease the load on the server by removing corpses.

Comment

if its done throught the ambient combat module, then make sure you include the garbage cleaner module, it deletes units after you are a certain distance away from the action.

Comment

ok thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
                    Because of performance. In large missions with hundreds of AI, especially in those that dynamically spawns new AI when you get close to certain areas, you would want to ease the load on the server by removing corpses.
                    Hmm... okay. I was picturing something more along the lines of like, an 'anti-gore addon' where it deletes bodies as you kill them or something.

Comment

are u talkin about soldiers killed in the duration of the battle or bodies u put down prebattle?

Comment

oh yea i agree do it throught the ambient combat module u should find a script for it on Mr Murrays.

Comment

The F2 framwork template has a script for that.But you would have to use the rest of the template or edit the sqf for certain scripts you dont want.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooov View Post
                            The F2 framwork template has a script for that.But you would have to use the rest of the template or edit the sqf for certain scripts you dont want.
                            Take a look at www ferstaberinde com/f2/en/index.php?title=Automatic_Body_Removal for more information. That page also tells you all the files you need, if you choose to selectively use parts of F2.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X