AI Skill Level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Skill Level

Right now I'm busy updating my mission to be completely compatible with the new patch and fixing some issues. One of the recurring problems I've faced with my missions is the "Sniper AI". And when I've asked around about how much AI skill effects this I get answers ranging from it doesn't to its the main cause of sniper AI. So my question is whats the answer? How much does skill level determine the AI's shooting ability and what is a good level that means the AI maneuvers tactically but doesn't kill you with a single burst from a 74 at 500m.

Re: AI Skill Level

I think the overall AI's ability to engage is fine. The only snag is the antiaircraft missiles that seem to come from no where.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

For Sniper's I set them to a Corporal and 20% skill. Otherwise they're like freaking Jason Bourne on Ecstacy

Comment

Their rank shouldn't matter for their skill. It only defines the hierarchy in a group to know who gets leadership if the current leader dies.

Also, the AI skill is additive/multiplicative with the server settings for AI, which makes it pretty important to have a fairly equal AI skill (as defined with the units' sliders) in the different missions, to let one single server config work well for all missions.

Best advice I can give is to crack the current missions open and pick the AI skill levels from the TG-hosted missions you think they are good in.

Comment

That sounds like something that could use a defined standard value for the whole community.

I'd like to know more about how the AI works, myself, actually. Have we considered taking the BIS guys out for steak and beer?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X