Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion Topic - Backpack Script

Hey Everyone,

Well, I'm working on a script to simulate a backpack. Please let me know your thoughts and what you would like to see. This is intended to be a kind of a "brainstorm" post, so there is really no right or wrong way to reply. Let me know what you would like to see or experience with a script like this.

Here was my initial idea.. (for reference, please state your own wishes/desires, agreements/disagreements etc.)

Basically the backpack would be like a variable which contains arrays of the stuff you put in it. As far as I know, there is no backpack object model which I can use to attach to a character, so for now it would be a "pretend" backpack. I would use the action menu for most of it. First you would select Open backpack, then you get 2 options, pack or unpack, each option will display actions to pack or unpack each type of ammo you are carrying. At any time there will be actions to hide the menu. So why the action menu? Well, because I only know how to make menus with buttons. Scrollable, selectable list boxes are beyond my ability right now.

OK, so let me know what your thinking.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Opinion Topic - Backpack Script

something similar to the backpack in domination?

one thing i would ask is that if you do make it, please do not allow certain combinations to happen (ie heavey weapory + AT) back pack would be awesome for extra ammo etc, but NOT for getting around kit limitaions that BIS have implemented!

Comment

Excluding weapons seems like a good idea - limit the pack contents to ammo and accessories. Would make carrying a M136 less of a ridiculous waste, since you could pack all the ammo taken up by the rocket.

Comment

Originally posted by ironpants View Post
        Excluding weapons seems like a good idea - limit the pack contents to ammo and accessories. Would make carrying a M136 less of a ridiculous waste, since you could pack all the ammo taken up by the rocket.
        Even with the backpack, given the option between a smaw, javelin, and m136 you would never choose the m136
        ---Bellicosity---

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
          OK, so let me know what your thinking.
          Limiting storage to ammunition for small arms, demo and grenades (both hand and 203) would probably be best.

Comment

The M136 isn't meant to be competition to the SMAW or Javelin -- it's simply a different class of weapons. It's disposable, and cheap enough that any soldier could carry it into battle. With Beta's script for making it truly one-shot disposable, it becomes a valuable squad-level asset.

Comment

Originally posted by DLBlue View Post
              Even with the backpack, given the option between a smaw, javelin, and m136 you would never choose the m136
              That's why you aren't allowed to choose. The military is on a budget, you know ;)

Comment

The m136 doesn't look nearly as bulky as the Smaw, and the Jav more or less requires a two man team. Doesn't matter in game, but we do try to avoid taking advantage of the game in unrealistic ways.

Comment

guys.. back on subject please... BACKPACK SCRIPT... not which AT weapon is best...

lmao. I love you guys man.
                  Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

The ACE implementation of a backpack was imho really good, and it'd be great to see something similar in A2. If it's possible please try to avoid using the action-menu for all the stuff. It can already be pretty crowded as it is and a backpack can contain quite a lot of stuff. I'm not very good with dialogs, but I know the basics and am ready to provide assistance should you need it.

Comment

Limit it to carrying extra ammo, maybe small weapons like pistols and satchels charges.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

That's true. We always end up needing a satchel charge and then someone has to hike a mile back to the LZ to get one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X