F16TAC Feedback/Bugs/Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F16TAC Feedback/Bugs/Suggestions

This thread is for posting Feedback, reporting bugs and suggesting improvements for my F16TAC mission series.
    In development:
    -Continuation of F16TAC_CoOp38, detailing India company's assault on the motor rifle company in Novy Sobor. This mission will be a TvT/CoOp mission with players being able to play it as a CoOp from either the OPFOR or BLUFOR perspectives or as a TvT.
    -Platoon Scale TvT. Additional TvT (Firefight) mission with support weapons.
    -Defensive style (infantry platoon) CoOp continuing the story line mentioned above.

In additionally I've been thinking about a possible, platoon scale patrol mission and or a platoon recon mission. Suggestions?

-Falcon

Re: F16TAC Feedback/Bugs/Suggestions

Falcon,

Build it and they will come.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_262 View Post
      -Platoon Scale TvT. Additional TvT (Firefight) mission with support weapons.
      You are going to have your work cut out for you trying to get two platoon size groups on a server playing tvt.

Theres some serious haters out there that wont even try a mission if you put the letters "t v t" in the title. hehe

Comment

New Mission Up! F16TAC_TvTorCoOp36_v1.

Info: This is an experimental mission type, it can be played as a CoOp or a TvT. Continues the story from F16TAC_CoOp38.

I'm going to need lots of feedback on this one because its a very different concept. So please post up AAR's and Bugs. Let me know what you guys think.

Comment

Update, New versions of The Assault and The Patrol are up, also new mission being uploaded The Bridges. (All new versions include maps for everyone during briefing which should allow everyone to understand PL intent)

The Bridges is a 38 player CoOp where a platoon of infantry must hold key bridges against numerous Russian assaults.

As always feedback and suggestions are welcome in reference to mission specific issues such as balance or to larger issues (no maps, iron sights, etc)

Comment

Heck, I love that you stick to ironsights. Whatever you do, do NOT change that. No better way to ruin a good firefight than to give every soldier and his mother the ability to shoot the AI at distances the AI can't even fight back from.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
              Heck, I love that you stick to ironsights. Whatever you do, do NOT change that. No better way to ruin a good firefight than to give every soldier and his mother the ability to shoot the AI at distances the AI can't even fight back from.
              Yea I was never really considering changing that just wanted to start a discussion but there are other things such as the medic module which I would really like some feedback on and suggestions on ways to handle things better.

Comment

Update:
                TvT's Updated with numerous bug fixes, should make these a lot more friendly for smaller squad sized groups.

Small Unit Coop Series: Recon done, working on a small scale attack mission.

Platoon sized Series: Desperately need ideas for some cool platoon sized missions would you guys like to see more attack type missions, defense oriented missions, mechanized infantry, armor?

As always feedback and bug reporting for F16TAC labeled missions in this thread is much appreciated.

Comment

I love your missions. The night patrol a few days ago was an absolute blast.

Undoubtedly you've also already noticed the praise for your TvT missions. The only thing I can think of here is perhaps a respawn TvT (starting relatively far from the objective), with a limited amount of respawns for each side (and maybe either extra tickets to be earned for holding the objective, or ticket bleed for the side not holding the objective, la BF2). This might emulate the feeling of platoon level TvT without actually requiring 60 people online; it seems even the events right now attract only around 30-40 people.

I had also suggested a no-NVG night TvT mission some time ago, but I'm not sure it'd go too well. The added strategy around using illumination rounds is nice, and I managed to fiddle around in the editor to make night decently dark (with some fog), but the "never seeing what killed you" factor might make it too annoying to play.

Comment

Originally posted by cctoide View Post
                    I love your missions. The night patrol a few days ago was an absolute blast.

Undoubtedly you've also already noticed the praise for your TvT missions. The only thing I can think of here is perhaps a respawn TvT (starting relatively far from the objective), with a limited amount of respawns for each side (and maybe either extra tickets to be earned for holding the objective, or ticket bleed for the side not holding the objective, la BF2). This might emulate the feeling of platoon level TvT without actually requiring 60 people online; it seems even the events right now attract only around 30-40 people.

I had also suggested a no-NVG night TvT mission some time ago, but I'm not sure it'd go too well. The added strategy around using illumination rounds is nice, and I managed to fiddle around in the editor to make night decently dark (with some fog), but the "never seeing what killed you" factor might make it too annoying to play.
                    Yea, I was thinking about implementing a round system that would allow for more firefights with less down time due to mission selection allow for respawns in between rounds but I've never really fiddled with something like this so if anyone has any ideas or could lend a hand that would be much appreciated. As for your second suggestion its already done, just change the parameters in the mission select screen to change the time of day and weather, there are multiple night options with varying degrees of moonlight.

Comment

As cctoide said, make a maximum number of lives on both sides, but teams are only released in 'fireteams' or what not; save the single column of respawns being gunned down.

Comment

I use to love some of Beta's TVT missions in Arma 1.And now for some strange reason he has changed his style.So here goes my suggestions on something he used to develop which was a big hit.

You have a group who had to defend a town.They had to use the trucks to place sand bags,bunkers,mines machine gun nests and other fencing equipment to protect the town from intruders.And in the town a certain building or area needed to be protected.And if 3 or more attacking players could get into that area or building for more than a minute the mission is over.If a defender should die he would respawn 4-6 minutes run away from the defending town.

The attacking side have to use vehicles to get to their objective which will be a few km's away.They would have a small little camp where they can rearm and respawn from.They will be reliant on transport vehicles to get them to their objective town.I suggest that the attacking team will have more stronger fire power with light armoured vehicles.
                        And that is that.:row__523:

This mission has teamwork written all over it so I hope Falcon you can create a master piece out of this.
                        |TG| Eugene
                        sigpic
                        Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Originally posted by Gena View Post
                          I use to love some of Beta's TVT missions in Arma 1.And now for some strange reason he has changed his style.So here goes my suggestions on something he used to develop which was a big hit.

You have a group who had to defend a town.They had to use the trucks to place sand bags,bunkers,mines machine gun nests and other fencing equipment to protect the town from intruders.And in the town a certain building or area needed to be protected.And if 3 or more attacking players could get into that area or building for more than a minute the mission is over.If a defender should die he would respawn 4-6 minutes run away from the defending town.

The attacking side have to use vehicles to get to their objective which will be a few km's away.They would have a small little camp where they can rearm and respawn from.They will be reliant on transport vehicles to get them to their objective town.I suggest that the attacking team will have more stronger fire power with light armoured vehicles.
                          And that is that.:row__523:

This mission has teamwork written all over it so I hope Falcon you can create a master piece out of this.
                          WOW Gena you read my mind! Just wait until Nov 8th I am rolling out a whole new set of missions that will comprise a campaign (working title is Operation Thor's Thunder) on the Everton island. The mission are a mix of CoOp and TvT and the first set of TvT's are shamlessly stolen from Beta's old TvT's (with him permission of course). Installments include: Tyrone Gap a Blufor mech infantry attack on Opfor held town, Saint Philippe Line an Infantry Meeting engagement, and Meaux Choke-Point an Opfor motorized infantry attack on a blufor held town. But things are far complete and with this awesome template I have working making TvT's is a snap so post up other mission ideas for platoon sized engagements and I'll see if I can make them happen!

Comment

Falcon I can smell Awesomeness!!!Cant wait for this stuff coming.:row__584:
                            |TG| Eugene
                            sigpic
                            Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X