TvT/20 Top Gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TvT/20 Top Gun

Hi all this is my first try at an arma map.
    It's inspired by one of sam hoys maps called downtown iirc, and am hoping to give it my own twist in the hopes of making a fun air operations orientated map.

basic mission discription
    -----------------------

blufor = 5 USMC pilots + 5 CDF
    opfor = 5 Russian pilots + 5 Insurgents

USMC pilots start at the nothern airfield and have 2x Harriers (MK82 equipped), 2x A10 and 1x F35
    CDF starts near the pobeda dam, have 4 static ZU guns, and 1 CDF BMP HQ

Russian start at the most southern airfield and have 2x SU25 and 3x SU34
    Insurgents start west of kamorovo and have 4 static ZU guns and 1 Insurgent BMP HQ

Goal is to take out the enemy BMP HQ to win the game.

Additional info
    --------------

- first of all, i wan't this to be without lockable guided air to ground missiles! The way it is in Sam Hoys map. I replaced 2 of the F35s with A10s as was suggested while we were playing this game on the server abit back.
    I would like to keep the hydra pods on the A10s as both SU25s and 34s have these aswell.
    Anyone know how i can achieve this?

- I used BMP as they can be moved to keep things interesting! how ever it's gaurded by static AA guns so the CDF or Insurgents can't move everywhere on the map. I placed the static guns in a square perimeter, the idea beeing to have a trigger there, so when the BMP goes out that perimeter something happens.
    I was thinking either smoke beeing dropped on it location to give the attacking fighters a visual of the target to counter the BMP just driving anywhere to hid in a barn or something.
    Other option would have arty fall on it's position wich would be an even greater risk to lose the game by driving off...
    Suggestions on what should happen? and on how to achieve this?

- Also, in the name of fun and in other to not make this a map that has the pilots turn in to crows in the first 10 minutes and the ground forces sit there untill an admin force the end of the map, i want respawn! Not sure if i want unlimited respawn or a set number of times, but i want all the planes to respawn after a set time, so that a kill atleast gives air superiority for a set time (any suggestions on what that time should be?

The ZU AA i am unsure if they should respawn...any thoughts on this?
    The thing here is that the CDF consist of 1 TL and 4 engineers, first plan was to not have the ZUs respawn and have the engineers make sure they maintain the guns... BUT on the insurgent or russian side the is no "engineer" class to be found? so it is 1<tl and 4 rifleman...

-Also any suggestions on how big the perimeters should be?
    Last edited by sturgis; 08-15-2009, 12:18 PM.
    sigpic

"brum brum"

Re: TvT/20 Top Gun

ok, so i have added trigger to both bmp that hint whichever side loses( 5 timeout), the idea beeing 10 or 15 seconds later the map ends. however when i select the map to end in a second trigger on a 15 sec timeout, when the bmp gets destroyes it automaticly ends the game and ignores the first trigger
    sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

A major issue with this is the Mk. 82 bombs being able to lock onto the BMP and destroy it from almost any height and distance.

- first of all, i wan't this to be without lockable guided air to ground missiles! The way it is in Sam Hoys map. I replaced 2 of the F35s with A10s as was suggested while we were playing this game on the server abit back.
      I would like to keep the hydra pods on the A10s as both SU25s and 34s have these aswell.
      Anyone know how i can achieve this?
      Feel free to unpack Operation_Downtown, it has all the classnames,ect necessary to do this.

- Also, in the name of fun and in other to not make this a map that has the pilots turn in to crows in the first 10 minutes and the ground forces sit there untill an admin force the end of the map
      Simple make it auto-end if all the planes are destroyed, this is how Downtown works and it seems a pretty solid solution which keep play times shorter.

Comment

i've been working with generalcarver on this and made some good process...

i just realised the mk82 issue, and am wondering if the su25-34s don't have similar bombs...
        I might just add hydra pods to the harriers if thats possible...

I don't wan't it to end once the planes are down, i'm gonna have it set to a certain respawn timer so that air superiority in numbers is had by the other side for a while.
        Since the static aa has been changed to mobile aa, the bmp will have a certain area to operate in.

where could i find downtown?
        sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Originally posted by sturgis View Post
          i've been working with generalcarver on this and made some good process...

i just realised the mk82 issue, and am wondering if the su25-34s don't have similar bombs...
          I might just add hydra pods to the harriers if thats possible...

I don't wan't it to end once the planes are down, i'm gonna have it set to a certain respawn timer so that air superiority in numbers is had by the other side for a while.
          Since the static aa has been changed to mobile aa, the bmp will have a certain area to operate in.

where could i find downtown?
          If you've ever played it (which you apparently have) its been cached on your computer.

Also, as far as I know its significantly more complicated to add weapons (ie hydra pods) then remove them. So outside of the 14 on the non-LGB harrier I'm not sure it would be possible to add more rockets in place of the MK.82s.

Also, the SU-25s either have CH-29s or FAB-250s which are like mavericks and Mk.82s, respectively.

Comment

yup, i have removed all armament except the GAU gun and Hydra missiles on all the planes (bpth blu and opfor) and have increased the amount of hydras on the harriers and a10s to match up to the su25s and 34s

player count has also been slighty increased to the 20 i mentioned, but most are optional slots for say extra gunners if the server has enough ppl on it.

most of it is done atm i think, carver is still working on some scripts to implement on the map, should be good :)
            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
              Also, the SU-25s either have CH-29s or FAB-250s which are like mavericks and Mk.82s, respectively.
              CH-29 is more like a rocket propelled LGB in the game atm. In rl the "KH-29" what the CH-29 ingame is based on is an anti structure/ship missile.

Comment

actually here a thought about balancing

1x F35 : 300GAU rounds
                2X Harrier : 300GAU rounds, 42 Hydra rockets
                2x A10 : 1300+GAU rounds, 84 hydra rockets

2x SU25 : 180 GAU equivalent rounds, 40 hydra equivalents
                3x SU34 : 180 GAU equivalent rounds, 80 hydra equivalents

Now, the russians have fewer gau rounds, but have an extra 80 hydra rounds on one plane and better mobility with the 2x su34 vs 2x A10
                would that compensate enough? Or should i decrease the hydras on the A10s to compensate for the 1300 orso gau rounds?
                sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Ok, a few adjustments have been made.
                  Player count up from 20 to 36.

Blufor side
                  ----------
                  US marines:
                  -5x Pilots
                  -1x F35 , 600 GAU8 rounds
                  -2x AV8 , 300 GAU rounds, 42 Hydra rockets
                  -2x A10 , 300GAU rounds, 84 Hydra rockets

CDF:
                  -1x TL
                  -8x Riflemen
                  -3x Engineer
                  -1x medic
                  -1x BMP HQ
                  -4x ZU23 Ural
                  -1x Repair Ural
                  -1x Ammo Ural
                  -1x Fuel Ural
                  -1x Ambulance BMP

medic and engineer scripts in development by generalcarver!

Opfor
                  -----

Russia:
                  5x Pilots
                  1x SU-34 , 720 GSh301 rounds
                  2x SU-34 , 360 GSh301 rounds, 40 S8 rockets
                  2x SU-25 , 360 GSh301 rounds, 80 S8 rockets

Insurgents:
                  -1x TL
                  -8x Riflemen
                  -3x Engineer
                  -1x medic
                  -1x BMP HQ
                  -4x ZU23 Ural
                  -1x Repair Ural
                  -1x Ammo Ural
                  -1x Fuel Ural
                  -1x Ambulance BMP

medic and engineer scripts in development by generalcarver!

GeneralCarver has finished a respawnscript we came up with so that the pilots/planes respawn in waves, to ensure air superiority in numbers for a set time.
                  I'm toying with the idea to have AI controlled AA guns at the airfields to deter "spawn/airfield camping"

CDF and insurgency have a limited area of operations, going out of that AO will have severe consequences! First team to succesfully destroy the enemy HQ BMP wins!

Still thinking of how to handle the respawns of the CDF/insurgency.

any comments/suggestions?
                  sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse