New Unnamed mission im working on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Unnamed mission im working on

Well some of you might know me as S1lky Smooov Operata when im playing Arma 2 on your Alpha server.I have been working on this mission since thrusday and its ready to be submitted.

What I need help with:
    The catch is I need some sort of script to rearm/repair/refuel aircraft when they land on the airfield.Also my briefing only shows up after the game starts,if anyone can help me out this those 2 i would appreciate it. As of right now there are no respawns,if some1 can tell me how to get them on again that would be nice so I can make a respawn version or some1 else can edit the file themself.I also used the f2 template for this and wheeled vehicles have a car radio.

Just a descritpion of what i tried to do

The mission is a convoy/grand theft auto for the opfor that requires a addon(Lokis Pussywagon)They must retrive 1 vehicle out of 4 Ftw and they can go more than 100 mph offroad.There are 5 side missions.Three of them are clearing towns,1 is a spetznaz ambush and the last is a attack on a AA/Arty fob.These are not mission enders but if bypassed they might haunt you later on.Since they can be bypassed I think it should allow the commander to use a diff stratgey everytime depending on the number of bodies availible to him(He can have up to 94,the bulk of this is 4 squads of 3 fire teams each).Since it requires a addon i think it would be better as a event where everyone knows they have to download it so there will be less confusion.I just dropped the addon into the default addon folder and had no problems connecting to any servers so you might not have to delete it after incase you wanna play some where else.

There are guerillas operating all around the map so hopefully there isnt too much boredom.Who,knows maybe you will see them and the Blufor fight to the death.Doing certain objectives may scramble a jet into the air,you can always bypass the objective to avoid that from happening but you might suffer consequences later.I added a wide array of vehicles to the mission including a ammo truck with every weapon in the game and the spetznaz also have every weapon in thier Vodnik since they will be cut off.Do you want them to stealthy take out the AA so the jets can go up earlier or extract them after thier ambush mission so they can fight with the main force??Its up to you,helis are pretty much safe for most part if they stay low or away from the aa fob.So the commander can configure his convoy and air assets for his strategy.I made this mission so the commander can try out different stratagies so it wont be the same thing every time.Different paths and objs have different dangers.Also there are 2 amphibious landings by marines and paratroopers.You can stop the paratroopers in forverland out in the sea before they are triggered and you can stop the 2nd amphibious landing.
    Last edited by Smooov; 08-22-2009, 06:10 PM.

Re: New Unnamed mission im working on

Smooov...

I know it's not ideal, but I would highly recommend you drop the required addon.

We dont run addons here unless it is one big pack...so if you want it uploaded to TG, you may need to make that change...

Rgds
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Silky this is your first and only post? Sign up for Sunday event. You are a solid player. Welcome to the forums. Good to see you here my friend.

Comment

Yes it is,actualy I was looking around for a place to sign up for this event before i made this thread lol.Where can I sign up???Also i made a TG friendly version of the mission just need to find out how to get the briefing to show up and get a aircraft repair.I found this at the bottom of my briefing sqf,I think this is causing the problem but I have no idea what to edit.Any ideas??

player addEventHandler ["killed",{[] spawn {waitUntil {alive player};execVM"briefing.sqf";};}];
        player setVariable ["mk_briefingEH",true];
        };alive player};execVM"briefing.sqf";};}];
        player setVariable ["mk_briefingEH",true];
        };

With the respawn Varient this adds on another set of tasks and notes after each death.
        Last edited by Smooov; 08-23-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Sometimes, the cause of the briefing showing up after game starts is because there are just too much data in the init.sqf. Happened to me before when I put a whole script in the init.sqf so that it would get initialized at the start of the misson. My solution was to cut out what I wrote into another .sqf file and just execute the script from the init.sqf.
          Code:
          [] execVM "YourScript.sqf";
          Looking at the script you put, it looks like you have a few syntax errors.

Code:
          };alive player};execVM"briefing.sqf";};}];
          This line of code doesn't make any sense.

Your first line:
          Code:
          player addEventHandler ["killed",{[] spawn {waitUntil {alive player};execVM"briefing.sqf";};}];
          makes it so that each time the player gets killed, it reloads the briefing. Not sure why you have that since the player already has a briefing at the start. It will just add up the same exact notes and tasks that the player already had.

I would just remove all that code since it is not necessary. Hope that helps!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

The briefing at respawn issue should be solved in 1.03 anyway, making that way of giving briefing after respawn redundant. Yay for BIS! :)

Comment

Nope....

JIP and respawn missing briefing is still a problem in some cases unfortunately.
              BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Ow. Not so much yay for BIS then. I'm yet to make a mission that has respawn, so haven't ever tried it myself.

Comment

I've already made two respawn missions which in fact did not have this issue. However, if a player JIPs, they do not have a briefing. Very strange situation...

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X