No announcement yet.

AC130 Gunship Simulator Script

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC130 Gunship Simulator Script

After much hard work it has arrived boys! Now we just need some missions.

(readme below included in the download also)

This script uses stock in game elements and some scripting to simulate an AC130 Gunship. This aircraft has several weapon systems mounted which can provide direct fire support to ground operations. The script also includes a FLIR (forward looking infa red) simulation script.

Crew: 2 (pilot / gunner)

Weapons: 1) M119 105mm Howitzer, 2) M134 .30 cal minigun, 3) M197 20mm cannon.

100% Multiplayer Compatiable

Possible to use with player directed A.I., but recommend avoiding.

The script does not respawn the AC130 if it is destroyed.

How to use in game:
    The C130 can be used as it normally would. To use the gunner seat, position yourself in front of the cannon on the side and search the area forward it. Look for an action "Get in ZU-23 Gunner" in your action menu. Select that action to enter the gunner seat. To use the FLIR simulation script, be in the gunning position and use your action menu to bring up the FLIR menu. To rearm the weapons, use a standard ammo truck.

This script does have the following limitations to be aware of. It is possible as the gunner to hit the plane, be careful where you shoot. Also, when the plane is in a steep banked turn, the gunner might not be able to move his view. However he will regain control once the C130 is back in level flight. The pilot and gunner should work together to coordinate firing. The current arrangement of the weapon system performs best during stright, level flight.

This script requires work in Windows and in your ArmA 2 editor to integrate it with your mission.

1. Extract the sample mission "gc_ac130_script.utes" into "..\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\YOUR PROFILE\Missions\".

2. Locate your mission in the Missions Directory and browse its folder

3. Copy the "scripts" directory, the description.ext and the init.sqf from my sample mission directory into your mission's directory.

4. Note: If you already have a description.ext or init.sqf file in your mission, use a text editor to open these files in my mission, copy the contents, and paste them into yours and save.

5. In your ArmA 2 editor open your mission.

6. use the Merge button on the right side of the screen, select my sample mission (gc_ac130_script) and hit o.k.

7. Position the C130, triggers, and static weapons where you need to for your mission.

Here she is in all her scrap yard like glory..
    Attached Files
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: AC130 Gunship Simulator Script

Sweet..already have a mission idea in mind ;)

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Great job GeneralCarver. I'm looking forward into using this script in one of my future missions :).

Hey carver, I was trying out the FLIR at night and it appears that if you try to adjust the brightness it breaks the script, on the white hot setting your screen goes compleatly grey and on the black hot setting your screen goes compleatly white. Not sure what the problem is. If either of these things happen then you turn FLIR off your screen goes compleatly black and the only fix is to get out of the gun seat.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed