Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC-10 Extender WIP

Greetings everyone,

I would like to present you the KC-10 Extender which is still work in progress (WIP) but hopefully will soon be available for any mission designers who are interested in using it.

Here are several screen shots of the WIP KC-10 Extender air-to-air tanker:

If you have any suggestions or ideas, feel free to post them.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Re: KC-10 Extender WIP

Just how long would you have to fly that F35 to need a refuel? Two weeks? :P

Comment

Humm instead of a KC-10 why don't you just call it a C-130 and make the hose come out of one of the fuel tanks and simulate probe and drogue. The marine version of the F35 will refuel that way anyway and so do all of the helicopters regardless of service. From the screen shots I would think that could look very good also without directional lights/boomer the flying boom AAR is unrealistically difficult. However just my 2 cents, looks good though if you ever need anyone to help test it don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

KC-130 exists

[media]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/kc-130-ifr.jpg[/media]

But its configured for Navy style refueling, primarily used nowadays for helicopters.

Anyways, looks like an interesting system, good work.

Comment

Very good idea man :). We can make it fly around the map in cycle in order if plane or chopper needs to refuel. Also, mission maker can create script that will cause to using the fuel in the aircrafts faster. So, you have to refuel every 15-20 min lets say.

Comment

Pretty cool, although I doubt the usefulness in A2 scale :)

ACE2 is going down the same road though:
            [media]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii157/tpM91/ACE%202/ace2teaser_airref.jpg[/media]

More teaser pics:
            http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost....&postcount=347

Comment

i like it!
              alot actually :) generalcarver and i have been brainstorming on a map, and this might be perfect for it...
              sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Good initiative nthamma. Keep 'em coming. Good job.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

ROCK ON!!

Who needs ACE when we have our own mods being produced here. I support TG MODS over anything else any day.

I can see this feature being very useful as it just adds another aspect to the pilot position. Ya'll need to think outside the box a little more before anyone doubts its usefulness or see's it pointless in missions.
                  FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

can u change fuel usage in arma 2? SO that tank drains in like 20 minutes.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I was hoping for some more suggestions ;). Just to be clear, this is not an addon. This is strictly scripted to simulate a KC-10 Extender and needs no addons to make it playable in missions. I will let you know the progress as soon as I can work on it some more but please feel free to post suggestions.

In response to Pclipse's question, yes it is possible to do so with simply scripting.

Comment

Radar?
                        ie, markers of all airplanes on the map created locally for a special position in the C-130 units, like the Crown units in Vietnam?

Comment

That could work for an AWACS system. I was actually working on a C-130 with a sattelite dish on top of the plane. That could be interesting.

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
                          Radar?
                          ie, markers of all airplanes on the map created locally for a special position in the C-130 units, like the Crown units in Vietnam?

Comment

like i told you on TS i very much like the idea!!

when you get this done, hopefully when TG assembles a TG addon pack, they will consider adding a ported version of the airbus for arma1 with this scripting to truly give the feel of beeing a KC-10
                            sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Yeah.. ArmA 2 is pretty flexiable with that Attachto command being added. We might need no other addons other than islands in the future or sound mods maybe.

Great idea. I think certain missions can be designed around this to use the script. We need some all Air missions.

I think to make it useful.. make the refueling instant. No delay. The islands are rather small, and if you place a delay then heck, people might as well land. However, I guess if realism is your primary goal, when then I can't argue. Just my opinion.
                              Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X