RED OCTOBER V3: Suggestions/feedback/etc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RED OCTOBER V3: Suggestions/feedback/etc

Hey guys, I guess most of you have played my red october mission by now.
    Im looking for some feedback on it so I can improve it. Feel free to post below.

Thanks.

Note: I know about the issue with 2 primary objectives skipping at the end, will be fixed for next version.

Re: RED OCTOBER V3: Suggestions/feedback/etc

It reminded me little of Evolution, but in a good way. I like your mission. Maybe let players use some light armor (bmp3?). Mi8 could be able to lift vehicles and bring it where necessary. Also, script that will spawn enemy counter attack after you seize the town. Almost forgot, make it to be afternoon, so we will get day going into the night :).

Nice mission, good job!

Comment

hmmm maybe a bit small feels kinda huge right now, no way you can sit down and finish this in the casual playing (1/2h) 0.o unless im missing something, if so correct me Inq!

Not much comment beside the size.. rest is pretty nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
        It reminded me little of Evolution, but in a good way. I like your mission. Maybe let players use some light armor (bmp3?). Mi8 could be able to lift vehicles and bring it where necessary. Also, script that will spawn enemy counter attack after you seize the town. Almost forgot, make it to be afternoon, so we will get day going into the night :).

Nice mission, good job!
        Hey mikee thanks for the reply, as to your comments -

The BMP3 is an unlock vehicle after you capture "Berezino" and "Gorka" (I may change it so it unlocks after you capture "Berezino".)

The Mi 8 airlift idea is a good one, although the first towns are fairly close to your base. main problem is I have yet to find a good airlift script.

A counter attack on captured towns is also possible, although it would make the mission even longer (hehe) and I already spawn a base attack when you capture a town.

As for the time of day, the admin can select the AI skill and time of day when you start the mission, so no need for me to change it :)

Comment

Originally posted by NightWarp View Post
          hmmm maybe a bit small feels kinda huge right now, no way you can sit down and finish this in the casual playing (1/2h) 0.o unless im missing something, if so correct me Inq!

Not much comment beside the size.. rest is pretty nice!
          Yea I know what you meen, It is a large ongoing map on purpose however - its not really ment to be completed in 1/2 an hour - The idea being you can join and leave as you like, almost like a campaign.

Untill now I had only made small missions so I thought I would give a big beast a go - like evo or domi - is real reason behind making it.

If there is anything you can suggest to make it more fun however im all ears, I dont want people to be misrable for 2 hours becasue the mission is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
            Almost forgot, make it to be afternoon, so we will get day going into the night :).
            Actually, if you really want the mission to go into night, you can make a day last a particular time. For instance, you can make a 24 hour day last for one hour for example.

Check my post in the TG Script Bank:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...pt-bank-2.html

This would be quite interesting to see in missions.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Originally posted by nthamma View Post

Check my post in the TG Script Bank:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...pt-bank-2.html

This would be quite interesting to see in missions.
              Thats a cool script :). Imagine make day go into night in 5 min lol :D.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X