This Sunday's Mission Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Sunday's Mission Needed

I'm looking for a good coop for this Sunday that holds around 50-60 players. I was wondering if anyone was going to make one or in the process of, so I can be prepared to test it and run it on Friday.

Preferably mostly infantry-based, with support/transport assets if you'd like but don't go overboard on this. The objectives should be accomplish-able within 1-2 hours and not be repetitive/dragging long.

I would need it submitted probably by Saturday at the latest for testing. (Who knows, you might make the next "Ia Drang" ;) )

If there's no takers, that's all right, but I'm hoping to run a new one this Sunday is all.

| |

Re: This Sunday's Mission Needed

Why exclusively coop for the Sunday events?

Comment

Because it's the first mission we play, and the second if people want to stick around can be whatever.

| |

Comment

I will be making a couple maps this week. I"ll bump up their player counts to 50 and submit them to you for consideration.
        Last edited by GeneralCarver; 10-06-2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: more to say
        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Thanks dude. And to anyone else who's interested, really, it can be an old mission too, and you could just do what Carver's doing and bump the player count up by maybe just adding 1 more infantry squad. Sorry if it's short notice; I know these things take time.

| |

Comment

been working on a 50 player mission but its a long way from being complete, and i wouldn't be able to upload it/finish it by friday anyway.

Comment

Just "finished" work on an infantry offensive mission, rigged it for 2 platoons (74 players) for the event, and sped up the timings (2 hours to complete, artillery begins after 30 minutes).

Basic premise is you are a pair of infantry platoons tasked with assaulting an enemy Company dug in around 2 towns, they are defending the outskirts of the towns in trenches (in an effort to save the poor civilians!). They have wire, tripflares, MG nests, a mortar team, a whole lot of hate. You have 2 mortar teams, 4 GPMG teams, 6 Rifle Sections, a 16 gun, creeping barrage fire mission, and a wish for lots of luck.

Mission has respawn, rallypoint system is in use, 1 rallypoint for each Platoon, placed by the Platoon 1IC or 2IC. 50 tickets for the team, after that, mission over, too many casualties. You have to overrun the enemy Company by having a 3:1 ratio within the red circle.

AI have artillery scripts, a script to make them fight "intelligently" from their trenches, and a reaction Platoon that comes up when they have taken casualties and the enemy is near.

What I would like to test before running this mission:

- double check any issues with the new crate dragging/loading/unloading system are solved
              - ensure new rallypoint system works, players are sent to the correct Platoon rallys
              - run through up to the 45 minute mark to ensure the fire mission comes as expected and isn't too much/not enough devastation

If you want to take a look at the mission, I have it up here:
              http://www.4shared.com/file/13838337...Chernarus.html

Comment

Will you be available on Friday/Saturday to test this with me?

+ beta's enemy arty makes me get dead ;)

thanks

| |

Comment

Friday yes, after 13:00 EST, Saturday yes, before 17:30 EST.

Comment

Been doing some tests on my own, found some bugs with the rallypoint system and solved them. Polished the friendly fire mission, the briefing and other finer details. Falcon helped me test the crate dragging/loading/unloading system, found and solved some bugs with that, am confident it will work well.

So, if you still want to test the mission out, use the new version here:
                    http://www.4shared.com/file/13857024...Chernarus.html

Comment

I just finished fixing up a version 2 of Tralic's Operation Lockdown. (Learninating the editor baby)

I will try out yours tomorrow and will decide on the mission by Saturday.

Thanks for your help beta!

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...