(24) Deep Water, new BlackOp mission on Everon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (24) Deep Water, new BlackOp mission on Everon

On a gap year tour of Eastern Europe, James Hawkin was kidnapped by a terrorist group demanding that the US lift sanctions put in place after a coup on the Island of Everon. Unknown to them, Hawkin is the son of the US senator, Tom Hawkin. Navy Seals are send to retrieve the package.
    Mission is already on the server. Players will have a lot of planning to do, in order to be succeseful. I tried make it as realistic as possible and fun to play. Hopefully you will really feel the atmosphere of being BlackOp.

Norris Revive script // Respawn // JIP.
    Please note, that briefing appears after few seconds and it very detailed.

Please leave feedback after playing it :).

Re: (24) Deep Water, new BlackOp mission on Everon

Oki doki Mike.First some of units spawns in water so they start without gear.Second we got wave of infantry on castle side but the bmp dont engage us dunno why?Third suggestion for more enemy reinforcements on that town Saint Piere we got like 1 ft on us there but seriously we got that much stuff with us so we can blow whole army of ai,maybe form helipad like tank on Saint Piere more infantry and hind on the castle capture point?Any way hostage didn't get to choper maybe bugt so he need a boat or something long swim for him will be.
    Nice idea with the mission but i will love to play it on dawn or erly morning in shadows.
    Ah...will forget things why o why we get so short on ammo?Black ops style?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadlee View Post
      Oki doki Mike.First some of units spawns in water so they start without gear.
      - Hmm, are you sure that AI was turned off? because in the editor everybody spawns on the land, but AI moves to water. Turn off AI at the beginning of the mission, so there are only Human players in the squad.

Second we got wave of infantry on castle side but the bmp dont engage us dunno why?
      - I will have look at this

Third suggestion for more enemy reinforcements on that town Saint Piere we got like 1 ft on us there but seriously we got that much stuff with us so we can blow whole army of ai
      - Reinforcements is 30 enemy soliders, I hoped this will be enough, but I can give them some tanks

hind on the castle capture point?
      - I may add chopper over there, its just AI is not too good with flying between mountains, it tends to crash

Any way hostage didn't get to choper maybe bugt so he need a boat or something long swim for him will be.
      - Maybe there was not enough space? Anyways, I will resolve hostage problem different way. After you guys get to helipad, he will move into the chopper with help of the script or disappear and Hint will come up with info what happened

Nice idea with the mission but i will love to play it on dawn or erly morning in shadows.
      Ah...will forget things why o why we get so short on ammo?Black ops style?
      I may set it up to start earlier. New version will come out soon, however I would like to play it with you guys first to see any other things that need fixing.

Thx :).

Comment

Mikeee..... You made a new mission. I just led it to victory. I gotta say man this is a very ncie mission. Suprises here and there. I also played your Flashpoint leading one of the squads. (is that yours?)

Anyway Deep Waters might become popular one here at TG. Simple design, and layout. Careful placement of ambushes and surprises. Loved the backup plan for the extraction. But might need some more people defending that enemy airfield. We had only one squad which we took out easily.

Revive and the mobile deployment added flexibility and chance to stay together. But I could not place deployment after one time of placing it. Is that the design? We had to carefully place our mobile spawn?

Capture script always does something. When we did capture the enemy my character kept saying 12 follow 1 over and over again, until somebody wounded him. And he listened to orders after that.

We played this one with full 24 people and everybody got to see some action and the server was stable.

Anyway glad you pumped out another mission finally. Now you don't have to ask for BHD on chat anymore... Instead ask for Deep Waters.

I know mission makers get a kick out of it when players enjoy their mission so here is to you man. Loved your mission. Loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
          Mikeee..... You made a new mission. I just led it to victory. I gotta say man this is a very ncie mission. Suprises here and there. I also played your Flashpoint leading one of the squads. (is that yours?)
          Yea, Flashpoint is also mine.

Anyway Deep Waters might become popular one here at TG. Simple design, and layout. Careful placement of ambushes and surprises. Loved the backup plan for the extraction. But might need some more people defending that enemy airfield. We had only one squad which we took out easily.
          More enemy infantry will be added and maybe some buildings for look.

Revive and the mobile deployment added flexibility and chance to stay together. But I could not place deployment after one time of placing it. Is that the design? We had to carefully place our mobile spawn?
          You must be a Operation Commander (its Alpha Squad Leader), to setup mobile spawn and you can also deploy it if you are close enough. I will look into it, and make sure it works.

Capture script always does something. When we did capture the enemy my character kept saying 12 follow 1 over and over again, until somebody wounded him. And he listened to orders after that.
          I think that I will solve this in another way:

After hostage is captured, script will automatically move him into the Poseidon ship and rest of the players will continue mission just like it did before.

We played this one with full 24 people and everybody got to see some action and the server was stable.

Anyway glad you pumped out another mission finally. Now you don't have to ask for BHD on chat anymore... Instead ask for Deep Waters.

I know mission makers get a kick out of it when players enjoy their mission so here is to you man. Loved your mission. Loved it.
          Thank you for all the feedback:). Do you think I should increase amount of players to 30?

I see that most of the times there is well above 24 people on the server.

Comment

Just remember, to keep the players on their toes, a 1:4 ratio is needed (players : AI), that is for moderate difficulty. So if you have 50 people, you need 200 AI (throughout the mission). (20 people, 100 AI). Especially if there is respawn, a 1:3 ratio otherwise.

This mission has a few to many random groups in the country side, set them up a bit more defensively, it would make for greater challenges. (More MG bunkers, defenses, less AI sprayed on the country side as if done in MS Paint).

Otherwise, good work.

Comment

Awesome mission man. Just got done playing for the second time and it's a blast.

I took command 2nd time around and the mission was a success.

The BMP at the castle is very friendly, we were inside the castle and it didn't respond.

The mobile respawn worked for me. I accidently deployed it while trying to get that stupid "suit" to follow me. The capture thing needs to be figured out, he became part of my squad without my knowing and like B said, "12 follow 1" order repeated for a while. I just ordered him to halt and it stopped. I eventually got him to follow me, and got him in the chopper so other than the join group function, he works out pretty well. How did you do that? Script?Trigger? maybe crank the distance WAYYY down so you have to be within like 2 meters or something like that, just an idea. DON'T MOVE HIM TO THE SHIP AFTER CAPTURE. He needs to stay with the group and kept safe. I think it worked out fine the way it is other than the "12 follow 1" bug.

B might be right about the helipad... I haven't ventured over that way but it seems like it's too easy to jack a couple Russian choppers. That should be one of the hardest objectives I think. They would probly have quite a few guys guarding those things. That is definitely a nice touch though.

Reinforcements on St. Pierre could include armor, maybe mech inf in bmps responding?

As for increasing the number of players, that might be a decent idea. I'm thinking another sniper team might work. That would give you two "heavy" 12 man teams, both with sniper teams attached. You could add a few more by detaching mission command from alpha, and giving him a corpsman and a few guns to cover him. I know I spent a lot of time looking at my map and lagging behind my squad while coordinating assaults.

How about starting the mission in zodiacs off the coast? I don't know a whole lot about mission making, but I think it would add a nice touch to start off in a boat with the island in view instead of standing on the beach. That might give squads a little more time to get organized. Better yet, if it's possible to get the CH53, fast roping from the CH53 down to zodiacs. Then have loadout on the beach. I know this is probably crazy but I think it would make the entrance pretty cool.

One more suggestion. More ammo maybe? It's kind of fun to have everyone running out of ammo and searching for enemy weapons but I just think on a mission like this, those guys would be loaded down and ready for a major fight. 4 mags is a little rough. Carver's backpack script might work well here if there is some way to add that.

Overall man, SWEET mission. It's great to play a mission like that from start to finish without a major hiccup, or to get almost all the way done and have something not work.

BRAVO, hope to see more from you. Forgive the length here.... this is all positive, just making suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gungnir View Post
                Awesome mission man. Just got done playing for the second time and it's a blast.

I took command 2nd time around and the mission was a success.

The BMP at the castle is very friendly, we were inside the castle and it didn't respond.

The mobile respawn worked for me. I accidently deployed it while trying to get that stupid "suit" to follow me. The capture thing needs to be figured out, he became part of my squad without my knowing and like B said, "12 follow 1" order repeated for a while. I just ordered him to halt and it stopped. I eventually got him to follow me, and got him in the chopper so other than the join group function, he works out pretty well. How did you do that? Script?Trigger? maybe crank the distance WAYYY down so you have to be within like 2 meters or something like that, just an idea. DON'T MOVE HIM TO THE SHIP AFTER CAPTURE. He needs to stay with the group and kept safe. I think it worked out fine the way it is other than the "12 follow 1" bug.

B might be right about the helipad... I haven't ventured over that way but it seems like it's too easy to jack a couple Russian choppers. That should be one of the hardest objectives I think. They would probly have quite a few guys guarding those things. That is definitely a nice touch though.

Reinforcements on St. Pierre could include armor, maybe mech inf in bmps responding?

As for increasing the number of players, that might be a decent idea. I'm thinking another sniper team might work. That would give you two "heavy" 12 man teams, both with sniper teams attached. You could add a few more by detaching mission command from alpha, and giving him a corpsman and a few guns to cover him. I know I spent a lot of time looking at my map and lagging behind my squad while coordinating assaults.

How about starting the mission in zodiacs off the coast? I don't know a whole lot about mission making, but I think it would add a nice touch to start off in a boat with the island in view instead of standing on the beach. That might give squads a little more time to get organized. Better yet, if it's possible to get the CH53, fast roping from the CH53 down to zodiacs. Then have loadout on the beach. I know this is probably crazy but I think it would make the entrance pretty cool.

One more suggestion. More ammo maybe? It's kind of fun to have everyone running out of ammo and searching for enemy weapons but I just think on a mission like this, those guys would be loaded down and ready for a major fight. 4 mags is a little rough. Carver's backpack script might work well here if there is some way to add that.

Overall man, SWEET mission. It's great to play a mission like that from start to finish without a major hiccup, or to get almost all the way done and have something not work.

BRAVO, hope to see more from you. Forgive the length here.... this is all positive, just making suggestions.

Thank you for all the feedback, I'm curently working on version 1.0 :). I don't know how much it will take me, probably a week or so. I want it to be polished. I'm also waiting for more feedback :).

Comment

Deep Water version 1.0 is ready for download. Can someone upload it on the server? :)

Here is the list of changes:

- amount of players increased to 30 (added one smaller team with a marksman)

- players start mission in Zodiacs, about 1000m south east of the island

- more enemy infantry

- enemy reinforcements have armor support now

- tried to fight Arma engine and make hostage to be more friendly and listen orders

- added enemy Mi-24 on the castle. chopper will go on patrol if players are spotted

- moved enemy helipad. it is now in this small base to the north, also there is much more guards

- players will find more ammo and less anti-tank weapons in the box on the beach

- most of enemy infantry has "AWARE" status, so it won't be so easy to sneak on them

- fixed friendly bmp bug

- added small checkpoint to the north from Saint-Pierre

- and few more smaller things that I forgot to add here...
                  I hope you will enjoy it.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.speedyshare.com/533349702.html

Comment

Hmmm.. If there are less AT at start, and armour as reinforcements, how will those reliably be taken care of? I didn't check closely, but it seemed to be *very* few enemy AT soldiers.

Oh, well. Time will tell. I really like my first play-through of the mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
                      Hmmm.. If there are less AT at start, and armour as reinforcements, how will those reliably be taken care of? I didn't check closely, but it seemed to be *very* few enemy AT soldiers.

Oh, well. Time will tell. I really like my first play-through of the mission.
                      There is plenty of RPG Gunners in the mission :).

Comment

Ahh. Just me that's a bit blind then. Then all of it sounds good to me! At least armed cars were really needed for the last counterattack, so glad with the reinforcement. At least when I played we used the mounted NSV or what it was in addition to looted PKMs against that 30+ force, which made quite short work of it. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
                          Ahh. Just me that's a bit blind then. Then all of it sounds good to me! At least armed cars were really needed for the last counterattack, so glad with the reinforcement. At least when I played we used the mounted NSV or what it was in addition to looted PKMs against that 30+ force, which made quite short work of it. ^^
                          I'm not going to spoil, but people will be in trouble when reinforcements arrive :).

PS: Look for RPG's in the castle and then in Saint-Pierre.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X