Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flashpoint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Flashpoint

    Just some notes on the mission Flashpoint.

    I was told people die if they use (anyone use?) the fast-rope ability and thus we bailed from the helos using parachutes instead.

    And secondly the helicopters were just circling overhead and making lots of noise until they were finally shot down. I dunno if they had any door gunners or anything because I didn't see them shoot one single time. Maybe just a combat mode and a move order that didn't work as intended?




  • #2
    Re: Flashpoint

    Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
    Just some notes on the mission Flashpoint.

    I was told people die if they use (anyone use?) the fast-rope ability and thus we bailed from the helos using parachutes instead.

    And secondly the helicopters were just circling overhead and making lots of noise until they were finally shot down. I dunno if they had any door gunners or anything because I didn't see them shoot one single time. Maybe just a combat mode and a move order that didn't work as intended?
    It was fixed and new version should be already on the server :).

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Flashpoint

      Ohhh! Great! Looking forward to trying the updated version (with less volatile tactics this time! Can't recall who was leading last I played, but it was a bit suicidal ^^ )



      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Flashpoint

        Nice work on this! Only got to play a bit briefly by myself late one nite. Anyways an future plans of creating/converting OFP(SP/mp) missions? Say for instance take the sp mission Battlefields an turn it into a mp coop? Kinda an old wish/dream to see some of the old OFP missions converted to MP without having to wait an see if CWR'd makes it to ArmA2.
        "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
        "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
        Norman Schwarzkopf

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Flashpoint

          Yea, I will work on it when I finish my other things. Unless, someone else wants to do it? :).

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Flashpoint

            Originally posted by Mikee View Post
            Yea, I will work on it when I finish my other things. Unless, someone else wants to do it? :).
            Did u make/convert this from OFP Campaign or did u just wing it? You hit a funny nerve with me on this as it's a dream(sort've) to see OFP campaign missions coverted to mp missions for A2! Been messing around with the mission "Promotion" also lookinf for the one in Red hammer where u take control of a squad as a Russian an clear the rebel meeting then, a town, then finally assault the airport. Trying to get em editable with pboview but runnin into a brick wall. Think maybe has to do with the addons an such not readable/compatible from OFP to A2.
            "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
            "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
            Norman Schwarzkopf

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Flashpoint

              I opened
              Code:
              mission.sqm
              from Operation Flashpoint mission. I changed all the units to U.S / Russian. Then I opened it in the editor and deleted/added some units/objects/few other things. In conclusion, we get first mission from OFP Campaign, but little changed, so its harder to finish it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Flashpoint

                Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                I opened
                Code:
                mission.sqm
                from Operation Flashpoint mission. I changed all the units to U.S / Russian. Then I opened it in the editor and deleted/added some units/objects/few other things. In conclusion, we get first mission from OFP Campaign, but little changed, so its harder to finish it.
                Yeah i found the mission:Inland" could'nt open it to get it editable in OFP. So took screenies of some things gonna try an wing it from there.
                "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
                "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
                Norman Schwarzkopf

                Comment

                Connect

                Collapse

                TeamSpeak 3 Server

                Collapse

                Advertisement

                Collapse

                Twitter Feed

                Collapse

                Working...
                X