Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postapocalyptic/Fallout/Stalker/Mad Max style mission WIP

Hi guys,
    I was thinking on original mission idea since we added Namalsk island to our Modpack. As you know, island is very dark, has underground bunker and lots of old/destroyed towns/etc...

I started developing something that has a feeling of world that just falled apart. It's close future, earth is mostly destroyed by wars. Few countries exchanged arguments using nuclear weapons and now most of the places are not good for living because of radiation.

People live on island between Siberia and Alaska, which didn't get direct hit by a nuclear bombs, however conventional war did the job anyways.

During 2015, Fallout Bunker 69 located on Namalsk island, suffered the worst drought on record. Faced with the difficulty of limited water, food and medical supplies, the bunker rulers asked group of volunteers to explore what is remaining of their old home.

It is going to be a about 30 player Coop (maybe small parts of TvT?). Group of people lived in a town/bunker and were forced to scavenge for weapons, food, etc...

Some of the objectives would be:

- Recover stolen vehicles from your town.

- Find spare parts for bunkers water generator.

- Check what happened with missing caravans.

- Free enslaved people.

- Eliminate enemy raiders/gang in the region.

We would use rifles/pistols/or automatic rifles with limited ammunition, just like our enemies (gangs, slave traders, organization called Enclave [I know this is from Fallout]). Of course, there is a chance to find some limited amout of better weapons.

Running vehicles are very rare and wanted.

I was working on mission like this on Chernarus island, however after we added Namalsk, I decided to move it there. This is what I acomplished so far:

Oil rig that I constructed in the editor, as a Enclave main base.

I know that could be epic, hard to do, etc..., but I already start working on it and have some plan.

So, if you would like to help and have any ideas, write here.

Also, tell me guys what you think about it.

Re: Postapocalyptic/Fallout/Stalker/Mad Max style mission WIP

Code:
    {_x setdammage 1} forEach (((getpos player) nearObjects ["All", 10^5]) - [player])
    There you go. :)

Comment

Mikee, under modules. You'll see 3 different types of Namalsk modules.
      You should look into the "grey" one and preview its effects in game.
      Good luck looking forward to playing it soon.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Looking forward to playing it in the future :)
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

LowSpeedHighDrag, I know about the modules, thats cool addition :).

Can you guys help me out with some objectives that I can use in mission?

So far I was thinking about:

- free people from slaves town

- check what happened with missing caravans

- find spare parts for bunkers water generator

- recover your stolen vehicles

- kill bandits boss

Help me out with ideas :).

I'm thinking about some random encounters also. Sometimes randomly we can meet few Enclave soldiers with heavy toys :D and either let them pass or try to attack them, etc...

PS: I almost finished putting furnitures and other details in underground bunker.

Comment

This map idea sounds interesting. I would be interested in helping out. contact me via PM, anyone, and lets get started with planning and task divisions.
            Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

I was thinking of doing something like this myself (but then again I haven't even managed to finish my first mission).

My thoughts were to have a series of missions that told a story. The setting would be based off the PA novel "Earth Abides" combined with a little bit of "The Postman." Most of humanity has died to a strange virus. The players are survivors who have banded together. I was just going to use Chernarus, since infrastructure destruction isn't really needed for this setting.

First Mission: A hunting trip (complete with hunting rifles and animal targets out in the woods) for much needed food is attacked by another band of survivors.
              Second Mission: Assualting a town held by the hostile survival group.
              Third Mission: Defending the captured town against raiders. Then, surprise, elements from a surviving military base would be the last wave of attackers.
              Fourth Mission: Attack the military base for better equipment.

The setting seems like a good opportunity to focus on not-so-often used weapons like shotguns, hunting rifles, pistols and odd eastern bloc SMGs.

I saw the players as using the resistance faction, that way you could have every other faction at war with them, including armed civilians (the only issue is that the AI refuses to attack civies, but the civies are happy to attack anyone).

Code:
              WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
              EAST setFriend [WEST,0];
              WEST setFriend [Resistance,0];
              Resistance setFriend [WEST,0];
              EAST setFriend [Resistance,0];
              Resistance setFriend [EAST,0];
              WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
              EAST setFriend [WEST,0];
              EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];
              CIVILIAN setFriend [EAST,0];
              WEST setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];
              CIVILIAN setFriend [WEST,0];
              Resistance setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];
              CIVILIAN setFriend [Resistance,0];

Comment

Not exactly true, I've set up many a mission where Russian forces enjoy the massacre of 'innocent' civilians using setFriend.

Comment

GeneralCarver, PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel View Post
                    Not exactly true, I've set up many a mission where Russian forces enjoy the massacre of 'innocent' civilians using setFriend.
                    Huh, well I did extensive tests and couldn't get anyone to fire on the civilian. Maybe there is something I'm missing somewhere.

Comment

Turn it into a thematic raid mission. Right now, your objectives sound like they've been upped word-for-word from the Fallout universe, and that just doesn't jive. Instead, have your mission parameters make sense not only in a roleplaying scenario, but to each individual player: securing ammunition or special guns, finding vehicles, invading towns and stealing resources or taking over a gas station for your cause; these are all things that not only have a significant impact on the story you're trying to tell but are also fundamentally linked to the soldier, and how he perceives his objectives.

In short, make objectives that are as easy as possible for the common player to see relevance in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        Turn it into a thematic raid mission. Right now, your objectives sound like they've been upped word-for-word from the Fallout universe, and that just doesn't jive. Instead, have your mission parameters make sense not only in a roleplaying scenario, but to each individual player: securing ammunition or special guns, finding vehicles, invading towns and stealing resources or taking over a gas station for your cause; these are all things that not only have a significant impact on the story you're trying to tell but are also fundamentally linked to the soldier, and how he perceives his objectives.

In short, make objectives that are as easy as possible for the common player to see relevance in.
                        Thanks for the idea about gas station :).

Comment

Project was moved to great Aiaktalik island and hopefully to be released around Christmas.

Showing few brand new screens with info:

View of a elevated highway (left) and regular road leading to Fairfax ruins (in background).

Fairfax ruins from south side.
                          Next two images are the same but with different colors in-game. Question:

Should I keep mission in darker cloudy style (like 3 first screens) or give it more light (last picture)?

It will be important to search cars for weapons, also some of them may still run.
                          Last edited by Mikee; 12-21-2009, 08:31 AM.

Comment

mikee as always.................../drool.....

Looks nice bro

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Mikee View Post
                              Hi guys,
                              I was thinking on original mission idea since we added Namalsk island to our Modpack.
                              We added Namalsk to the map pack? Why didn't we get notified about that?

EDIT: Mikee, I just checked TG yoma addon sync and I didn't see Namalsk. Are you sure we added it?
                              Last edited by Jorge.PT; 12-21-2009, 07:16 AM.
                              sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...