TG Mission Template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Mission Template

I was wondering what you guys thought about developing a TG Mission framework or just a simple convention that requires all CoOp missions to implement a view distance and grass settings. I really admire GeneralCarver's settings script in that it allows a user to disable/enable grass and change the view distance client side. The only problem is that many people dislike accessing it through the action menu and I was hoping we could all work together to make it more user-friendly by developing a graphical dialog that will be easier for a user to use. In addition to that, we could create a somewhat non-complicated framework that will include an optional briefing template, optional medical system, disposable AT4, backflash from launchers, optional TG ORBAT, optional retrievable static weapons, and other stuff you guys come up with. The framework isn't my main priority concern, but I would really like to see missions with an implemented setting system which will give the option to a user to either disable/enable grass and increase/decrease the view distance to their desired preference. What do y'all think?

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Re: TG Mission Template

I'm for having a standard for coop. missions which demands a settings script which adjusts view distance and grass detail in all coop missions.

As for a dialog, I can update my settings script. I know how to make basic dialogs. I've actually planned on this, but have not got around to it yet. I think its time. I'll make it a point to update my settings script to v4 with a diag. this week.

As for a frame work, idk. People's missions vary so much, I think I would rather focus on getting template quality level scripts in our Scripting Depot Thread Browna setup. That way, any mission designer can go there, pick and choose what he wants, and just follow the instructions to implement it.

As head of mission team currently I am currently not interested in sponsoring this as a mission team project. I feel we should just make it a point to at least get a settings script into missions. What I would like to see is have the admins modify the requirements posted under the mission submission guidelines to state, if you got a coop mission, you must include some kind of view distance, grass detail script for players. What do you think?

Nathamma, if you care to spear head this on your own or with others who share the same vision, by all means go for it. I just simply do not want to commit time to this between my helping others and my own editing and script because I feel it will not add much to our community at this time. If you get something thrown together and can do most the grunt work to organize it, get the admin's blessing for the TG template concept and I'll give it a look over then.
    Last edited by GeneralCarver; 11-21-2009, 06:23 AM. Reason: more to say
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

I understand, GeneralCarver. These were only suggestions and I did not intend to make the template a big priority. However, your settings script being implemented in all CoOp missions would be beneficial for those who cannot run ArmA 2 well with grass on. There were situations where I heard this one person say, "Man, my computer is lagging out on this map for some reasons... I'm gonna have to call this and wait for the next mission to come on, sorry guys!"

So, if only the mission maker had implemented GeneralCarver's wonderful settings script, that person would still be able to play and I wouldn't feel sorry for him! ;) I hope this will convince admins to modify the requirements posted under the mission submission thread. :)

Comment

Let me know if you need any assistance with the dialog. Would be happy to give a hand if you need it. Thanks for all your hard work, btw! You've done a whole bunch for this community and we all appreciate it! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X