First Project Signup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Project Signup

This is actually a project I was going to do personally, but I saw its potential and also I know each of you are itching to use the addons also..

Post below if your interested. Let me know...

1. Scripting level
    2. Editor experience
    3. What you think you can contribute in development
    4. What you would like to focus on in development
    5. How much time your willing to put in a week.

Project Info:
    @co40 Plausible Deni-ability
    multiple part campaign
    Using Namalsk Island and our new addons.
    total missions: to be determined.. (I'm thinking maybe 20, don't panic!)

Campaign Background:
    fyi - this is all not set in stone, I'm sure we can incorporate your ideas and adjust, as I am counting on. I have some missions already sketched out. Once the Project Post is up, we'll begin deliberating on the story and campaign goals/objectives before jumping into editing. I already have about 6 mission ideas wrote down for us to start with.

Storyline:
    Mercenary forces are hired by NATO to investigate and shut down Russian Federation activity on Namalsk Island. During the conflict on Chernarus NATO forces are tied up supporting operations in that theater. Intelligence reports indicate the Russian Federation has resumed activity on Namalsk island, previously a military research and training grounds abandoned by the Soviet Union during the collapse in the early 1990s. NATO is interested in the activity on the island under suspicion that the Russian Federation is beginning another large military build up. However, overt spying and reconnaissance activities are being avoided in the interests of containing the current confrontation with the Russian Federation in the Chernarus theater. Paramilitary activity to investigate and deal with this situation has been outsourced to western private military contractor firms for operational deny-ability. Players are part of the PMC International Solutions, Inc.

Unknown to players
    Russian Federation is building up its military again and also working with SLA and mercenary forces. New weapons technology is being developed and tested. The island is being refurbished for use. The meteor impact site is a strange new material "Element Omega" (or something) which might be used for weapons of mass desructions (this would take advantage of that strange rock, crash site like, structure on the island from Stalker). Sample must be stolen. para military forces train on the island, as just about every other enemy branch does also.

Campagin Objectives
    Mission objectives will vary to provide a variety of mission types for players to experience. Intelligence gathering and reporting, sabotage, ambushes, assaults, defensive, search and destroy. Players will uncover what the Russian Federation is doing on the island, slowly over missions. Other faction's involvement will debue during the campaign (SLA, mercs etc.). At some point we can have the CDF get involved with helping, that woudl provide missions with air support and would fit into limitations specififed in storyline. Mission length should shoot to be around 10 to 15 minutes.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: First Project Signup

i like it, im up for making some short missions in a long story line

1. Scripting level - Zilch
    2. Editor experience -solid grasp of mission making
    3. What you think you can contribute in development -missions! :p
    4. What you would like to focus on in development -missions
    5. How much time your willing to put in a week. -will vary from week to week, but a fair few hours

Comment

10-15 minutes?
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

hey.. thats fine ghost. 10 or 15 minutes, even if you guys can give that is great. I mean, we got like 5 or 7 people. Even if we all did that, thats well over an hour of editing. So, don't worry even if you only care to give that much time. that will help out.
        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
          hey.. thats fine ghost. 10 or 15 minutes, even if you guys can give that is great. I mean, we got like 5 or 7 people. Even if we all did that, thats well over an hour of editing. So, don't worry even if you only care to give that much time. that will help out.
          lol, I think he was referring to the missions being 10-15 minutes. He sounds a little shocked and confused ;)

I'm up for this. Probably won't have much time at all starting next week but I will be able to help a lot more after finals :(

1. Scripting level: clear understanding of scripting with a programming background in C/C++.
          2. Editor experience: Yes
          3. What you think you can contribute in development: anything that is needed of me to do
          4. What you would like to focus on in development: scripts
          5. How much time your willing to put in a week: next few weeks, not very much... probably none at all but once December comes, as much as needed for the success of this project
          Last edited by nthamma; 11-21-2009, 04:11 PM. Reason: more too add

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

yea sounds good, il help.

1. Scripting level - simple and basic/beginner level
            2. Editor experience - indepth and expert level
            3. What you think you can contribute in development - missions & mission ideas
            4. What you would like to focus on in development - mission making (the gameplay aspect, im not so hot at writing briefings)
            5. How much time your willing to put in a week. - a few hours a week

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
              10-15 minutes?
              Ah yeah, If you were referring to mission length, yes indeed. This would be a target time. In reality my "10 or 15 minutes" missions usually end up being 20 or 30. But, I stress that I would like them to be shorter missions. So 10 or 15 isn't THE LIMIT.. but shorter because I don't want these missions to have JIP (only if A.I. is enabled and alive) or respawn.

If your wondering why, its cause I think we got a lot of big missions on the server already. I would like to add some where there isn't a requirement to do a ton of planning and logistics organization. Not that that is bad. I just want these to be faster with respect to getting into the action.

PM me if you have any more questions before you sign up.

Comment

I'll bite.

1. Scripting level : learning slowly
                2. Editor experience : Comfortable with it.
                3. What you think you can contribute in development : missions & ideas, editing the premade missions to give it the "ummpff" factor
                4. What you would like to focus on in development : Missions, I hate proof reading.
                5. How much time your willing to put in a week. : as much as i can, but my schedule is out of this world so I'll do my part as I can.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
                  Ah yeah, If you were referring to mission length, yes indeed. This would be a target time. In reality my "10 or 15 minutes" missions usually end up being 20 or 30. But, I stress that I would like them to be shorter missions. So 10 or 15 isn't THE LIMIT.. but shorter because I don't want these missions to have JIP (only if A.I. is enabled and alive) or respawn.

If your wondering why, its cause I think we got a lot of big missions on the server already. I would like to add some where there isn't a requirement to do a ton of planning and logistics organization. Not that that is bad. I just want these to be faster with respect to getting into the action.

PM me if you have any more questions before you sign up.
                  PM'ing is for the weak!

TBH I don't know if I can make a 10-15 minute mission! My only one [D:] is a friggin epic!

If I think short BHD raid style I might come up with something.....
                  I'll bite.

1. Scripting level None
                  2. Editor experience A bit
                  3. What you think you can contribute in development A mission. :D
                  4. What you would like to focus on in development Mission design actually, I could think of some good scenarios...
                  5. How much time your willing to put in a week. Not much. RL crap
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

1. Scripting level : Basic
                    2. Editor experience : Not Carver but I'm ok
                    3. What you think you can contribute in development : missions & ideas, as well as QC for military aspects
                    4. What you would like to focus on in development : Whatever needs my focus at that time
                    5. How much time your willing to put in a week. : around 50 hours or so

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Lets get this party started carv.
                      |TG|Ghost02
                      TG Pathfinder

Comment

Yep, good idea. I'm off to bed currently. Tomorrow I'll get the project post up and we'll start with the planning and organization infrastructure discussion. Ah.. I'm going on somewhat of a vacation with my family from Wed to Mon. over in Ohio, however, my relatives have high speed Internet there, so I'll drag my desktop along and get some work done in the evenings.

Comment

Sounds good, let's get started!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Alright, looks like most other editors are not interested or AWOL, so we'll go with the current team.

Current Team:
                            Browna3
                            Ghost02
                            nthamma (Lq. Snake)
                            Dredge
                            Ink
                            GeneralCarver
                            Last edited by GeneralCarver; 11-26-2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X