Storm Chaser Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Chaser Feedback

Hey guys im back mission editing in arma again.

Scope told me you guys played Storm Chaser with like 30 people. (The TVT Scientist Escape mission).

tbh before I took a break from arma I thought it was a total failure and nobody played it.

Since I was not around when it was played I would love some feedback from you guys. Any bugs reports or ideas are welcome to make a v2

Re: Storm Chaser Feedback

Excellent TvT mission! In fact, I really admire all of your TvT missions. I think that this is your specialty and I will be looking forward in playing some of your new TvT missions in the new ISLANDS! Great work, Inq!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

The overwhelming opinion with regards to STORM CHASER was that it was an incredible mission with a few technical/gameplay problems that prevented it from becoming a standard mission (and also the reason, I believe, it was removed from active rotation).

-some cities give incorrect hints when an Independent passes through (for example, Staroye giving a hint about players near Stary Sobor)

-US special forces found a HALO insertion impractical and annoyingly buggy, to the point where several times I ordered my group to drop at the US air base and secure HMMWV transport from there

-terrorists were able to exploit their explosives to breach gigantic holes in secured areas, where the AI lacks the reaction time to kill them

-Russians almost never won. Whether it was because they couldn't find the objective, or a helo pilot disconnected, it was almost always extremely disorganized.

-The briefing sucks. It doesn't give enough information to ANY of the teams, and it was so bad that any time I'd play it I'd personally brief everyone on Global to avoid confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
        The overwhelming opinion with regards to STORM CHASER was that it was an incredible mission with a few technical/gameplay problems that prevented it from becoming a standard mission (and also the reason, I believe, it was removed from active rotation).

-some cities give incorrect hints when an Independent passes through (for example, Staroye giving a hint about players near Stary Sobor)

-US special forces found a HALO insertion impractical and annoyingly buggy, to the point where several times I ordered my group to drop at the US air base and secure HMMWV transport from there

-terrorists were able to exploit their explosives to breach gigantic holes in secured areas, where the AI lacks the reaction time to kill them

-Russians almost never won. Whether it was because they couldn't find the objective, or a helo pilot disconnected, it was almost always extremely disorganized.

-The briefing sucks. It doesn't give enough information to ANY of the teams, and it was so bad that any time I'd play it I'd personally brief everyone on Global to avoid confusion.
        Thanks for the feedback first of all, its nice some of you guys enjoyed it.

1. Il double check this but it may have been a misunderstanding, The announcements are made for any independant going near a town not just Tesla. This was on purpose so the bodyguards could split up and lead OPFOR on a wild goose chase.

2. Can you expand on this, buggy how? Also suggestions please if possible, I cant give Blufor helicopters becasue it makes the rescue too easy.

3. Again can you expand on this, how did they exploit? Would T 72's and 100% skill AI help?

4. Im aware the briefing was a bit lacking bad in general (all 4 of them) I thought there would be enough info to have a rough idea of what to do.

Comment

1. I know of at least one town (Staroye) that gave a false reading every time, where triggering it would hint at a completely different city. Beyond that, allowing the bodyguards to trigger the hints is a bad idea because it makes it too easy to distract OPFOR. Perhaps, as a compromise, each hint could check to see whether Tesla was the Independent triggering it, and there would be a percent chance to display "Tesla was spotted in xCity" instead of the more vague "An Independent was spotted in xCity".

2. It was difficult for grunts to understand that the MV-22 was moving over a defined path; there was a small chance that a bug would occur wherein a HALO drop would result in the player falling, standing up, to his death, unable to deploy a parachute. I would much rather have simply started at the airfield next to those HMMWVs.

3. Pistolfied can elaborate, but I know of at least one instance where the entire terrorist team blitzkrieg'd the first objective and managed to move so quickly that they could detonate their explosives inside the city. When I showed up as Tesla, literally every building and every CDF troop was gone. I'd recommend building emplacements for the CDF troops there, like MG nests and sandbags, but also hard objects like razorwire and hedgehogs to keep the terrorist vehicles outside the city.

4. The briefing is so bad because it's a very, very complicated game, and we need at least detailed instructions on what to do. Russians need to know what their assets are, where Tesla is moving to, and that they have informants in each town. BLUFOR needs to know that they are to protect Tesla, where he is moving to, and their asset situation. Independents need to know to look out for spies (but dissuade them from going offroad somehow), where to move to, and how to get there without breaking the flow of the game.

Comment

Shouldn't it be easy to keep a good briefing anyway? Using a switch-case system in the briefing.sqf depending on the player's side makes one set of briefings show for one side alone. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
              Shouldn't it be easy to keep a good briefing anyway? Using a switch-case system in the briefing.sqf depending on the player's side makes one set of briefings show for one side alone. :)
              I have multiple briefings already for each side - they are just a bit... vague?

Comment

Ahh, okay. I've only played Storm Chaser once, looooong ago, so couldn't remember. I tend to disappear when such missions are played, so hard to comment specific technicalities ^^

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X