Poll - Script to stop High Dynamic Range light adjustment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Script to stop High Dynamic Range light adjustment

Title really says it all. I don't know about you guys, but I am sick and tired of the stock ArmA 2 High Dynamic Range effects adjust my brightness all over the place in the stock game. I mean, I play missions that are mid day, and if I'm facing the sun, I can hardly make out stuff in the distance. I"m having a moment of doubt, that's HDR lighting effects right? Either way, you know what I mean.

I know this is realistic to some extent, but the game, especially on my system way over does this. As a mission designer, I'm considering adding a script to my missions to disable this feature (setting the in game camera aperture). Now, I could also set it up to be a parameter which could be turned on and off too, during the role selection screen before the mission starts.

What do ya think? Give me a vote and comment some.
    Yes. Do it. Do it NOW!
    60.00%
    No. And stop posting polls General.
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by GeneralCarver; 11-22-2009, 09:08 PM. Reason: personal reasons!
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Poll - Script to stop High Dynamic Range light adjustment

Use an addon that fixes it for you, I did the script approach, it was too much of a pain in the ass with the changing seasons, but none the less possible. I had an equation for it and all :).

Comment

Is there any existing addon that just fixes it moderately? Only one I've found 'fixes' it so much it looks like poop. :S
      I guess that it wouldn't hurt to get the option to decrease or lower the HDR effects in low-sun missions, but I'm also afraid of cluttering the action menu :S

Comment

GDTMod HDR works pretty well, been using it for quite some time.

Comment

As long as you set it up to be a parameter then I am okay with it. ;)

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
            GDTMod HDR works pretty well, been using it for quite some time.
            Beat me 2 it 8)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6130
            "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
            "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
            Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

I use a addon also carver, but I would love to have it scripted in the missions. The problem is that unless you edited all the missions in the server, we still have to launch the game with the addon and then the script will just become redundant.
              sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Which is why many addons exist in the first place. They *can* be done by just adding the scripts to the missions, but if using them in every mission anyway, then it'd just bloat the mission file size with scripts that everyone already has on their computers tenfold ^^

Comment

Now that we have TG modpack would it be possible to coordinate such things so that mission designers wouldn't have to script them all the time? disposable-at is already in the pack, but there's still pseudo-flir, backpacks, HDR, viewdistance and terrain detail, etc, things that mission makes constantly put manually in their missions. If it works in the mission it's not very hard to pack into an addon, which could then be rolled into the modpack. They could even be made into "modules" that the mission designer drops into the mission so that he/she can still choose whether to include certain features or not.

Comment

Yeah, could be done. Either made into modules, or just packed into a PBO file as a script collection. Although I guess modules would be easier to use in the long run, and definitely less daunting for new mission-makers ^^

Comment

less daunting would be better. btw general there wasnt a third option on the poll. yes do it now and stop posting polls..lol......

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X