Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

    Title Says it all, like a 4 year old would. lol.

    Robert hammer's M16/M4 pack (part of our TG MOD pack currently) as of version v1.01 does NOT shoot the stock BIS M203 smoke rounds of any color. Just an FYI for mission editors.

    I have PM'd Robert on the BI forums and hopefully he will fix this in a future release.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

  • #2
    Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

    Yeah i notice that after the training air assualt training session. They would appear and then disapper for me making it impossible for me to equip them.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER


    Spartan 4

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

      That and the M16A1s use the 30rnd STANAGs instead of the 20rnd ones.

      | |

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

        Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
        That and the M16A1s use the 30rnd STANAGs instead of the 20rnd ones.
        I can load mine with 20rnd mags in mission editer. im sure it takes 30rnd and 20rnd stanag.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

          Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
          That and the M16A1s use the 30rnd STANAGs instead of the 20rnd ones.
          Does it really matter that much?*not trying to offend just asking* Most people would prefer to have more ammo.

          [unit][squadl][command2]

          KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

            I think that the A1 models only used the 20rnd magazines, though I'm not a gun expert.

            | |

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

              I'm not an expert either, but wasn't it rather that at the time of M16A1s the 30rnd magazines didn't even exist. And if they so did they sure weren't standard issue. I'm not entirely sure that feed lips and stuff are the same between the 20rnd and 30rnd mags, but considering you can use 20rnd mags in all modern rifles designed for the 30rnd mag, I can't see why it wouldn't work the other way around :)



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

                There are a lot of other inconsistencies with the RH pack as well -- for example, the Mk12 SD rifle uses a special ammo type called "20RND_Stanag_SD_Spr", even though an SD version of the 20RND_Stanag_SD already exists.

                I'm willing to overlook this kind of stuff until ACE2 hits the shelves, as I really like the new models/sounds. However, if we're looking at adopting this pack for the long-term, I'd advise at least looking into standardizing it somewhat.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

                  I wonder how hard it would be to edit the configs of his weapons and fix this stuff? I'm guess its probably only a line of code to two?

                  HEY! I found it. I extracted his config and converted it from binary over to a .cpp text so I could read it and I found where he calls out his magazines! We could fix this and make our own version! We could make his rifles 100% compatible with ArmA 2 defalult magazines! This is easy. I'll contact the admins and throw this idea at them.
                  Last edited by GeneralCarver; 11-25-2009, 01:39 PM. Reason: FOUND IT!
                  Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

                    Originally posted by Inkompetent View Post
                    I'm not an expert either, but wasn't it rather that at the time of M16A1s the 30rnd magazines didn't even exist. And if they so did they sure weren't standard issue. I'm not entirely sure that feed lips and stuff are the same between the 20rnd and 30rnd mags, but considering you can use 20rnd mags in all modern rifles designed for the 30rnd mag, I can't see why it wouldn't work the other way around :)
                    They did exsist. When the M16A1 went into service (Vietnam) they where sent out with 30 round mags. Due to the fact that US. Army soldiers are trigger happy and the M16A1 had full auto, the Army noticed a jump in ammo requests. (Basically they would spray and pray.) So to spend less money on ammo the Army cut the mags in half, only giving the soldiers 20 rounds to encourage "Better marksmanship". That and the mags had less tendancy to have spring problems because there wasnt as much pressure pushing down on a 20 round mag spring as there was a 30.

                    [unit][squadl][command2]

                    KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

                      Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                      I think that the A1 models only used the 20rnd magazines, though I'm not a gun expert.
                      They used both, when first made they had 20 round mag (1967) Then in the 70's they made the 30 round mag for the A1 so it was equal with the AK47. The M16A2 was made in the 80's.

                      http://world.guns.ru/assault/as18-e.htm

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

                        Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        There are a lot of other inconsistencies with the RH pack as well -- for example, the Mk12 SD rifle uses a special ammo type called "20RND_Stanag_SD_Spr", even though an SD version of the 20RND_Stanag_SD already exists.

                        I'm willing to overlook this kind of stuff until ACE2 hits the shelves, as I really like the new models/sounds. However, if we're looking at adopting this pack for the long-term, I'd advise at least looking into standardizing it somewhat.
                        I think your getting mixed up with the 30 round SPR ammo he added for the Mk12 mod1, he diden't add 20 round SPR ammo.

                        30Rnd_556x45_StanagSDSpr = 30 round m16 mag that does not have tracers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

                          I guess there is a custom mag using custom ammo to give the Mk12 custom ballistics? The good with the bad. I agree though that lots of custom mags and magazine incompatability is annoying, but to get an ACE-like weapon-specific, automatically magazine-changing system is a bit... much to implement :o



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: RH M16/M4 Pack-No Shoot M203 Smoke Nads

                            Like I said -- waiting for ACE2 and ammo not necessarily coming with its own muzzle velocity attached to it.

                            Comment

                            Connect

                            Collapse

                            TeamSpeak 3 Server

                            Collapse

                            Advertisement

                            Collapse

                            Twitter Feed

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X