Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somalia, Africa Map (Island) WIP

Hi guys,
    this the reason you don't see me too much on the servers for a while. I also moved my other missions on the side until I'm done with this.

Buldozer - map editor screens, last one is from Visitor3:

Currently I'm working on city looking like Mogadishu, I'm planning to add some smaller towns around and military base. I still haven't updated my desert textures.

I will be informing you about the progress in this thread.

Re: Somalia, Africa Map (Island) WIP

nice m8, reminds me of Delta force BHD maps

Comment

Looking good mikee! But don't forget about us, the ones who have a not so good PC :p

I see some buildings from ArmA(1), will it require caa1 or A1 pbos?
      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
        Looking good mikee! But don't forget about us, the ones who have a not so good PC :p

I see some buildings from ArmA(1), will it require caa1 or A1 pbos?
        One A1 pbo, which is like few MB and will be in the folder with island. Map will be the size of Utes (imagine Utes without water around, just land all over square map), so it will run decent :).

Comment

Ohhh! Looking good this far! I guess we'll see a port on Blackhawk Down when that map is done? ^^

Comment

An A2-quality urban desert-map would be very welcome, and by the looks of it yours will of excellent quality.

I salute you :icon14: Island making is something I haven't dared to touch

Comment

Looks awesome Mikee! Send me a PM and you can give me some tips on what i'm doing wrong.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Big thumb's up. This looks like a fun map. I applaud your realistic looking city, with its haphazard layout and building variety.

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                  Looks awesome Mikee! Send me a PM and you can give me some tips on what i'm doing wrong.
                  I will make thread in which you will find all tutorials that I've collected. It will be usefull for others also :).

Comment

It sucks that I can't change view distance in preview editor, but thats okay. You can image how it will look like in game :).

City is growing.

View from the Oil Refinery.

Slums.

Comment

Impressive to say the least but how will all these buildings impact FPS? There is a lot of data here and whats with the large crater??

Anyways, looks very good.
                      FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Map is about 6 km - 6 km. I will make sure it works fast. Usually people make huge maps with big cities and there you get the lag. Usually, big map uses most of computer resources.

My idea was to make small map about few kilometers wide, but with detailed city and some smaller camps/towns, so it doesn't require super fast computer to work fine.

I though to fill the small craters with some bush and garbage.

Few more pictures with ground texture that is there just for look. I will work on texture quality later.

PS: Roads textures doesn't show up in Buldozer.

Comment

Wow hopefully the possibility for a Nova style BHD/TvT. Any old BHD'ers will know the maps Meatgrinder A-B etc were notorious BHD maps an tons of fun/addicting in the series. AKA Capture the Flag/ King of the Hill, Team King of the Hill, Flagball etc. My online gaming birth started here 8).
                          "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
                          "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
                          Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X