TG Domination Request thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Domination Request thread

In light of several people asking if this could be added or that could be removed I figured I would start a request thread for anything that the community would like to see in the map we play the most.

Remember that this is for you, the TG ArmA 2 community and you are the ones that are going to be playing it.

I'll respond by telling you what I can do or can't do and if someone sees the thread that can do something that I don't know how to incorporate into it, maybe they can help.

That said, try to keep the comments to a minimum and the suggestions flowing.

Re: TG Domination Request thread

-take out the base attack

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
      Code:
      // if set to true no enemy AI will attack base and destroy bonus vehicles or whatever
      d_no_sabotage = true;
      I already did this and they still attack. Making it true doesn't work.

I might also add that 2 things I would like to do that I don't know how to do is to make the choppers able to lift the Modpack vehicles like the UKF Landrovers and the Bundeswehr APC; also would like to add the artillery module to the mortars and artillery pieces but when you load them up in a vehicle and unload them they desynchronize with the artillery module.
      Last edited by Dr. Nner; 11-25-2009, 03:11 PM.

Comment

You could always go through and modify Xeno's base code for it. I know that's not what you want to do, but it's definitely a problem that needs to be fixed.

As for my own suggestion -- remove any version of the F-16 that does not have either dumb or smart air-to-ground munitions. Every time we unlocked a CAP variant, we groaned.

Aside from that, I can't think of too many things you can actually change, considering it isn't your base mission. There's a lot of criticism I could throw Xeno's way (the mission is so hard on resources and accumulates so much grime in the gears that after about an hour the game becomes unplayable), but I think you've done what you could with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
          I disagree, at least make the guys at the base busy while waiting in the base for transport or force leaders to use HQ so we can teleport, in fact i would like to see heavy attacks at base just like how we attack them.
          sigpic

ATI 4870 1GB Cat. 9.11 | Windows 7 7100 64 | RAID 0 640GB | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless | The Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse
          let freedom ring with a shotgun blast

Comment

• Remove MHQs and HALO flagpoles
            • Make bonus assets unrecoverable if they aren't already. If they're down then they're gone and that's it.
            • Add in the RAF Chinook as a heavy-lift chopper able to lift tanks or figure out another solution to move them around. At present they're pretty much not used because none wants to drive 30 minutes to the target.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is maybe lowering the para drop altitude abit. But dont get rid of it. Given the nature of the gameplay, having para drop is needed.

Originally posted by InFireBaptize View Post
              I disagree, at least make the guys at the base busy while waiting in the base for transport or force leaders to use HQ so we can teleport, in fact i would like to see heavy attacks at base just like how we attack them.
              I agree with that. Maybe add some AI at the base walls or something to help out.
              The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. EDMUND BURKE 1771

Comment

Originally posted by Fincuan View Post
                • Remove MHQs and HALO flagpoles
                • Make bonus assets unrecoverable if they aren't already. If they're down then they're gone and that's it.
                • Add in the RAF Chinook as a heavy-lift chopper able to lift tanks or figure out another solution to move them around. At present they're pretty much not used because none wants to drive 30 minutes to the target.
                I don't know how to make it default but the way around that is to set the mission parameters instead of random targets to west, east, south route, or complete/ordered. That makes it so the objectives are closer to start and go in a route which are not far from each other.

I don't know how to make the choppers be able to lift tanks.

Comment

Disagree with not having the base be atttacked we need that it's real this is a war. Agree with the f16 cap just cas f16 please. Disagree with removing halo bit yes remove mhq. Halo is needed if you remove it you bees to add the c130 with halo script so we can halo sf guys. Also add my Michael Jackson avatar add on please man I can't say it enough think about it 60 guys doing thriller after a town is taking lol

Comment

I never seem to get to play domination with a full complement of tgr's. I would love to see it played with focus on alpha more. I'm tired of seeing deepwater or other trivially-simple Coop maps up.

Other servers may run Domi 24/7, but those other servers are not TG.

Comment

Get all the buildings (armor, repair center, vehicles, choppers, planes) in one spot. If they are not scattered around airfield, there is going to be easier to defend it. Plus we don't want to run 5 min just to get to stryker or plane lol.

Comment

I would actually like to see the enemy have more resources or better AI.

It seems to be trivially simple to beat, or maybe I am just getting lucky every time?

Comment

1. Bring back at least 1 MHQ
                          2. Add some static weapons say 81mm mortors,etc an or M119 or MLRS an tie them in with the eng support/salvage trucks for support. Just add a just add arty module an then sync (drag) to a few players designated as arty support etc.
                          3.Get rid of base attack, and or bring back the salvage option with bonus vehicles. Couple differnt times seen guys die over an over to get bonus veh's only to loose em 2 mins later with no option to get em back.
                          "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
                          "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
                          Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Nner View Post
                            Code:
                            // if set to true no enemy AI will attack base and destroy bonus vehicles or whatever
                            d_no_sabotage = true;
                            I already did this and they still attack. Making it true doesn't work.

I might also add that 2 things I would like to do that I don't know how to do is to make the choppers able to lift the Modpack vehicles like the UKF Landrovers and the Bundeswehr APC; also would like to add the artillery module to the mortars and artillery pieces but when you load them up in a vehicle and unload them they desynchronize with the artillery module.
                            Find there class name then go into X Scripts(I think) an find the script that handles the Hitch vehicles an there should be a parameter in there to add the class name to a list of veh's being hitchable. U may have to also do same thing in the init file to not sure as Xeno changed alot since A1 version. But i did alot of editing to Domi But now as stated above u gotta find it in the script an init file i believe.on my server in A1 an it used to be just adding the code to the init line in the veh. I'll take a look an post.
                            "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
                            "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
                            Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Nner View Post
                              I don't know how to make it default but the way around that is to set the mission parameters instead of random targets to west, east, south route, or complete/ordered. That makes it so the objectives are closer to start and go in a route which are not far from each other.

I don't know how to make the choppers be able to lift tanks.
                              goto I_client2.sqf look for this code an edit with the proper vehicle class name

d_helilift1_types =
                              #ifdef __OWN_SIDE_EAST__
                              if (__ACEVer) then {
                              ["BMP2_MHQ","ACE_BMP2_Ambul","WarfareEastSalvageTru ck","ACE_Ural_Repair","ACE_Ural_Reammo","ACE_Ural_ Refuel","ACE_Ural","ACE_BMP2","ACE_BMD1","ACE_BMP2 _D","ACE_BMP2_K","ACE_BMD1p","BRDM2","ACE_BRDM2_AT GM","ACE_UAZ_MG","ACE_UAZ_AGS30","ACE_UAZ","M119", "D30"] + _armor + _car
                              } else {
                              ["BTR90_HQ","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","WarfareSalvageTru ck_RU","KamazRepair","KamazRefuel","KamazReammo"," Kamaz","KamazOpen","BMP3","BTR90","M119","D30_RU", "GAZ_Vodnik","GAZ_Vodnik_HMG","UAZ_RU","UAZ_AGS30_ RU"] + _armor + _car
                              };
                              #endif
                              #ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
                              if (__ACEVer) then {
                              ["M113_MHQ","ACE_M113_Ambul","ACE_M2A2","ACE_M2A1", "ACE_Stryker_M2","ACE_Stryker_MK19","ACE_Stryker_M GS","ACE_Stryker_MGS_SLAT","ACE_Stryker_RV","ACE_H MMWV_50","ACE_HMMWV_GL","ACE_HMMWV_TOW","ACE_HMMWV _GAU19","ACE_M113_A3","WarfareWestSalvageTruck","A CE_Truck5t_Repair","ACE_Truck5t_Refuel","ACE_Truck 5t_Reammo","ACE_Truck5t_Open","ACE_Truck5t"] + _armor + _car
                              } else {
                              ["LAV25_HQ","LAV25","AAV","HMMWV","HMMWV_M2","HMMWV _Armored","HMMWV_MK19","HMMWV_TOW","HMMWV_Avenger" ,"MTVR","M119","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo","Mtv rRefuel","MtvrRepair"] + _armor + _car
                              };
                              #endif
                              #ifdef __OWN_SIDE_GUER__
                              ["M113_MHQ","M113Ambul","M113Ambul","WarfareWestSal vageTruck","Truck5tRepair","Truck5tRefuel","Truck5 tReammo","Truck5tOpen","Truck5tMG","Stryker_ICV_M2 ","Stryker_ICV_MK19","HMMWV50","HMMWVMK","Stryker_ TOW","HMMWVTOW","M113","Vulcan","Vulcan"] + _armor + _car;
                              #endif
                              #ifdef __TT__
                              ["BTR90_HQ","GAZ_Vodnik_MedEvac","WarfareSalvageTru ck_RU","KamazRepair","KamazRefuel","KamazReammo"," Kamaz","KamazOpen","BMP3","BTR90","M119","D30_RU", "GAZ_Vodnik","GAZ_Vodnik_HMG","UAZ_RU","UAZ_AGS30_ RU","LAV25_HQ","LAV25","AAV","HMMWV","HMMWV_M2","H MMWV_Armored","HMMWV_MK19","HMMWV_TOW","HMMWV_Aven ger","MTVR","M119","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo", "MtvrRefuel","MtvrRepair"] + _armor + _car;
                              #endif
                              Norman Schwarzkopf

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X