Project Post: Plausible Deni-ability Campagin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Post: Plausible Deni-ability Campagin

This is the official TG Mission Editing post for the Coop. campaign Plausible Deni-ability.

Current Design Team as of this post:
    Browna3
    Ghost02
    nthamma (Lq. Snake)
    Dredge
    Ink
    GeneralCarver

The project will be initiated here in this thread. However, the majority of the mission development and collaboration between the team will be done using the free online collaboration tool suit by Google. References to these tools will be posted here when they are ready.

The use Google's tools is somewhat new to most of us, so there might be some awkwardness at first. So bear with me and the rest of the team. Documenting your ideas, troubles, realizations and learning experiences will all be helpful during our development process and I encourage you to do so liberally on the sites we'll use. Don't ever think your over documenting or note taking. All that information makes it much easier for others, or yourself later on, to pick up and edit or finish a mission.

Clear thoughtful and focused communication to others should of primary concern when interacting. Taking a few quick screen shots and posting them or making a quick dirty sample mission showing markers or objects layed out might seem to add a lot of time, but it will pay off in the end with everyone understanding each other better when we discuss. So I ask for your patience and don't rush yourself when finishing tasks.

This project attempt to be managed through the tools. We can meet on Teamspeak and voice chat, however it should not be needed. All tasks and official communication for the project will be done via the sites we'll use. This is too our benefit since about all of use live in different regions of the world.

Alright so lets get started!
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Project Post: Plausible Deni-ability Campagin

(repost)

General Project Info..(subject to change during development)

Project Info:
    @co40 Plausible Deni-ability
    multiple part campaign
    Using Namalsk Island and our new addons.
    total missions: to be determined.. (I'm thinking maybe 20, don't panic!)

Campaign Background:
    fyi - this is all not set in stone, I'm sure we can incorporate your ideas and adjust, as I am counting on. I have some missions already sketched out. Once the Project Post is up, we'll begin deliberating on the story and campaign goals/objectives before jumping into editing. I already have about 6 mission ideas wrote down for us to start with.

Storyline:
    Mercenary forces are hired by NATO to investigate and shut down Russian Federation activity on Namalsk Island. During the conflict on Chernarus NATO forces are tied up supporting operations in that theater. Intelligence reports indicate the Russian Federation has resumed activity on Namalsk island, previously a military research and training grounds abandoned by the Soviet Union during the collapse in the early 1990s. NATO is interested in the activity on the island under suspicion that the Russian Federation is beginning another large military build up. However, overt spying and reconnaissance activities are being avoided in the interests of containing the current confrontation with the Russian Federation in the Chernarus theater. Paramilitary activity to investigate and deal with this situation has been outsourced to western private military contractor firms for operational deny-ability. Players are part of the PMC International Solutions, Inc.

Unknown to players
    Russian Federation is building up its military again and also working with SLA and mercenary forces. New weapons technology is being developed and tested. The island is being refurbished for use. The meteor impact site is a strange new material "Element Omega" (or something) which might be used for weapons of mass desructions (this would take advantage of that strange rock, crash site like, structure on the island from Stalker). Sample must be stolen. para military forces train on the island, as just about every other enemy branch does also.

Campagin Objectives
    Mission objectives will vary to provide a variety of mission types for players to experience. Intelligence gathering and reporting, sabotage, ambushes, assaults, defensive, search and destroy. Players will uncover what the Russian Federation is doing on the island, slowly over missions. Other faction's involvement will debue during the campaign (SLA, mercs etc.). At some point we can have the CDF get involved with helping, that woudl provide missions with air support and would fit into limitations specififed in storyline. Mission length should shoot to be around 10 to 15 minutes.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

First Tasks

First Task:

Everyone..
      1. Explore TG Addon pack and Namalsk Island.
      Namalsk is one of the most interesting islands I have seen made for the ArmA game series to date. In this campagin I want to take players across every square inch of that place. Explore the landscape, jot down ideas you have. Let the terrain provoke ideas, as well as anything else like movies, music, equipment or whatever. Don't worry about how to execute things, what's "right" what's "wrong". This is a brainstorm session for you. There are no right or wrong answers... only ideas. So get some, and the more the better. You can go back later and organize or scrutinize them.

2. Create a gmail account.
      All the tools we'll be using to communicate and organize the project will be through online Google tools. These websites and docs are being setup while we do this initial exploration for creativity.

Deadline..
      We'll set a deadline for Sunday 29th in the afternoon. Its Thanksgiving weekend this weekend here in the States, so some of us will be busy eating with friends and family. I think Sunday will be a good amount of time. In the mean time I'll get the web tools set up and get some more ideas of my own.

DISMISSED!

Comment

Busy all week. gmail is : [email protected]

ack. time to get working again, gotta make some flowers
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Here is my gmail: [email protected]

Let's get to work!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Can I get everyone else to post their gmail e-mail names please? Thanks.

fyi [email protected]

Comment

[email protected]

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

thanks guys. ok Ink... where's the gmail account???!!!! 8)

Comment

[email protected]

is that the same thing?

Comment

uhh idk. mine is gmail. Your in UK, maybe its handled different there. I'll try sending the invitations to this address.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
                      uhh idk. mine is gmail. Your in UK, maybe its handled different there. I'll try sending the invitations to this address.
                      yea it works

Comment

Project has been canceled guys. Sorry to start with a Bang and end with one so fast.

I have heard, verbally, that TG Mod pack will be dropped with the release of ACE 2 beta.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X