Impossible script?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible script?

Let's say that you wanted to do a Airborne mission where you jump during the early dawn where it's dark enough you can bearly see but the sun will be rising soon. During your paradrop you would image that the AA guns would be firing into the air shooting at something but for the mission design you just want the fire there for cinematic reasons.

Is it possible to script a target in the sky that you can have all the AA targets shoot at and only that while you drop in? Give the target unlimited HP or script it that the guns stop firing after X amount of minutes. I am curious to whether this is possible because lets say theoretically someone in the TG community is interested in making a airborne mission.

We have some of the best scripters and mission builders in the ArmA community right here at TG, put those brains together and lets go to work.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Impossible script?

Yeah, I did it in my Insurgent Assault map. Very easy.

Inkompotent has a template script for this and I made mine into a template script also. I have not released it as of yet though. If you want it I can get it to you.
    Last edited by GeneralCarver; 11-28-2009, 12:22 AM.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Make the drop via a convoy of chinooks or ospreys, and one is NPC that gets blown out of the sky. have it fly last so anyone looking out the back see's it go.

Side mission: recover surviving members of downed bird that managed to jump and pull ripcords

that be hella epic

Comment

You could always try with http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33867.0

Actually Shilkas is what it is mainly designed for and which I know it works well with. They won't perform sweeping fires with this script, but they will shoot into the sky, shifting each burst around, and you can set them up either in batteries or individually.

Comment

Awesome script Inko!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Glory, are you talking Modern Warfare one style or just an addition of the airborne invasion?

Spartan 4

Comment

I'm thinking D-day type invasion,more cosmetic than anything, something to give a little more drama and fear. In addition to some easy ideas for side mission objectives.

Comment

We can definitely do that as a continuation of my hopes to create a Airborne campaign with all the mission makers here at TG. The first mission will have it's share of side missions besides just trying to stay alive. Good opportunity to create a fulfilling series of missions.

Spartan 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...