Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some mission editing issues

hi there,

my mission development is stuck due to some issues i cant resolve.
    i would appreciate any hint about those problems.

1.) convoy and creation
    right now my enemy convoy is waiting at a certain position and is should start moving
    as soon the player activate a trigger.
    created convoy - wp1: hold , wp2,3..8: move, wp2 is synced with the trigger.
    problem: sometimes the convoy does not start moving and waits forever. :(
    my idea: to tell the convoy to not use the "hold" option. instead i would prefer a
    solution with "createVehicle".
    my question: is it possible to place the convoy (4 grouped vehicles) with it wayoints and to put create vehicle option in it's init line? im stuck with the right syntax.

2.) convoy movement speed
    my convoy groupleader is 1x btr90 followed by 1 repair truck, 1 fueltruck and 1 uaz
    problem: the convoy moves damn slow. i've set the wp with speed "full" and awareness is "safe" but the convoy is sometimes way too slow. groupleader btr90 drives at a tempo i can walk with next to it.
    i tried using the convoy script which keeps track of the distance within the convoys vehicles. this helps the convoy vehicles to not loose too much distance, but the main problem stays the same. so apparently it's not related to the convoy script.

3.) convoy destroyed task and trigger.
    as i have problems with 1.) and 2.) i'm asking myself if its a problem if a trigger is synced with a waypoint and the vehicle itself is grouped with a "!alive convoyveh1".
    not sure if problem 1.) is caused by the grouping with the vehicle.

is there any better solution how to complete or let fail the task when convoy is destroyed?

4.) f2 @shacktactical gear loadout script.
    i managed to replace the standard weapons with those of the tgmodpack (RH m4/m16).
    (_rifle/_riflegl_/_mg/_mediumMG ....).
    problem: if i try to specify the loadout of the different classes i cant change the loadout.
    because as soon i change the classes loadout, the script wont load at all (no error or debug msg) or the loadout is a mess.
    an example: i want to give the lmg gunner the m249para.
    so i change the following line: _mg = "M249para"
    when i select the class ingame the unit has nothing else then the m249para + 2x m249 mags. but no grens, no smoke or whatever
    when i now try to change the class loadout within the specific line from:
    .... foreach [1,2,3,4] to .... foreach [1,2,3,4,5,6 and so on] the unit gets only m249 mags to max but no smoke or else.
    so it seems i dont understand the command "foreach". what [1,2,3,4,5,6] stands for? the loadout slots?
    intend: i want to give my unit a specific loadout which is required for completing the mission. i dont want to place any ammoboxes, as i want to ensure that the teams work together.

another problem is that i cant add a pipebomb to the loadout. (related to the problem above i think). would it cause a problem to add the addweapon command to the units init line, even if the @shackgear script is already in its init?

5.)
    urban patrol script: hiding the defined patrol markers.
    used the described solution in the ups readme for hiding the patrolzone during briefing.
    on a local server it works perfect but on a dedicated the markers show up even if command is set to not show them in briefing. any solution available?

last question:
    how much enemy units should be maximum active to not cause any client and/or server performance issues? 20,50,100,200? :)

thanks taking your time to read this and i'm sorry if i asked "old" questions. but i could not find any post on the TG, Bohemia, armaholic forums concerning those problems.

greetings
    rabommel aka docmabuse

`
    Last edited by Rabommel; 12-03-2009, 08:26 AM. Reason: correction
    ---------------------------------
    Rabommel

Arma2: DocMabuse

Re: some mission editing issues

1) Hold waypoints can only be overruled by a Switch trigger afaik. A simple solution is to simply making it a Move waypoint that either is sycronized to a trigger, or has a custom Condition to activate (instead of being 'true'). If you absolutely want it to be a Hold waypoint (so that they won't move from their position at all, even if engaged in combat), then make sure that the trigger is set to being a Switch in the drop-down menu just above the Condition-field.

2) No idea really. I guess some sort of convoy script might be needed to get it to move properly. Convoys have always been a problem even since OFP. BIS never get them right :(

3) Shouldn't be a problem. However it sounds like overkill to both specifically define the target unit of the trigger AND group the trigger to a group. You can skip the grouping if you have a specific unit name as condition.

4) I don't use F2, so no idea.

5) Haven't used UPS in ages, so can't help with this either I'm afraid :(

6) Depends on the amount of players and server really, but try to limit it to 150 or so units simultanously

Comment

thx for your reply. i'll sort those things out.

another question: how can i rearrange the groups (1-1-A, 1-1-B, .... 1-2-A).
      unfortunately they are a mess.
      any idea?
      could not find anything about it.

greets
      Rabommel

Arma2: DocMabuse

Comment

Delete all "playable" (player) slots, save the mission.
        Rename the mission folder to another version number. (or name or your choice)
        Open the newly named mission, place them in order you would like them to appear from top to bottom.
        1-1-A = HQ/CO/etc
        1-1-B = 1st Squad/Alpha squad
        1-1-C = 2nd Squad/Bravo squad
        1-1-D = Attachments/Detachments/etc
        In this case it would have the "1-1-A" at the very top of the selection screen. Followed by B,C,D respectively.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

And another quite simple way: Manually edit the mission.sqm-file. Rearrange the groups in the file in the order you want them, and remember to edit their item ID as well (starting with number 0).

Comment

Originally posted by Rabommel View Post
            4.) f2 @shacktactical gear loadout script.
            i managed to replace the standard weapons with those of the tgmodpack (RH m4/m16).
            (_rifle/_riflegl_/_mg/_mediumMG ....).
            problem: if i try to specify the loadout of the different classes i cant change the loadout.
            because as soon i change the classes loadout, the script wont load at all (no error or debug msg) or the loadout is a mess.
            an example: i want to give the lmg gunner the m249para.
            so i change the following line: _mg = "M249para"
            when i select the class ingame the unit has nothing else then the m249para + 2x m249 mags. but no grens, no smoke or whatever
            when i now try to change the class loadout within the specific line from:
            .... foreach [1,2,3,4] to .... foreach [1,2,3,4,5,6 and so on] the unit gets only m249 mags to max but no smoke or else.
            so it seems i dont understand the command "foreach". what [1,2,3,4,5,6] stands for? the loadout slots?
            intend: i want to give my unit a specific loadout which is required for completing the mission. i dont want to place any ammoboxes, as i want to ensure that the teams work together.
            If you let me know what one of your desired loadouts is (inc. weapon and magazine classnames), i'll provide you with sample code. It should be relatively easy to tweak once you get the hang of the syntax.

Originally posted by Rabommel View Post
            another problem is that i cant add a pipebomb to the loadout. (related to the problem above i think). would it cause a problem to add the addweapon command to the units init line, even if the @shackgear script is already in its init?
            If you add the line to the init before @ShackTac_assignGear.sqf is called, the F2 script will wipe out the pipebomb (because it begins by clearing all weapons and magazines). So, assuming the loadout in @ShackTac_assignGear.sqf has room left over, just add the pipebomb via the unit's INIT afterwards. That's perfectly safe.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X