Tg mod pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tg mod pack

well now that ACE2 has been released. its time for the mod pack to be trimmed. by trimmed i mean anything that's not wanted gone. this is where you come in.

here is a list of things that i think should be taken out

ALL weapons
    F16
    Helis
    Kiowa
    LB's
    chinook?
    britts
    SLA

this leaves us with the islands, and some units

could perhaps add another island if you guys want another one. Lets keep this away from the public forums because all hell will break loose and my inbox will fill up with requests for addons quicker than you can say "your banned" :row__642:

anyway. i trust you guys to be sensible on this matter.

finally Thanks
    Last edited by browna3; 12-10-2009, 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Tg mod pack

If we are going to save anything I really liked the Kiowas and the F-16. But, I'm not sure if these are ACE2 compatible.

Comment

the kiowas are, but im not sure about f16's we can test it and find out

Comment

Get rid of everything but the islands.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I would agree with Ghost. Future ACE2 updates will most likely include extra addons/factions within them. Kiowa being one of them with better quality.

As for islands issue. Can we possibly place that option on hold until the cadidate island for the mod pack be tested thoroughly?

Suggested Qualification check lists:
          a) Out at least 2~3weeks turnover time and bugs ironed out by the Arma2 fans (not just TG dependent)
          -this will give the addon enough time to iron out the problems
          b) Not in any beta stages for qualification
          -no more unnecessary updating
          c) Without excessible/additional dependencies
          -to satisfy the masses and to keep the mod pack "slim"
          d) Version updates to be granted (not beta)
          -would mean that it could only get better from one such version to another

my 2 cents

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

For turnover I would say one month and at final release, or VS1 and not B1.

Anyway, namalsk is a lag fest with a lot of issues. Keep everon, and that is the whole modpack, everon. Everyone is happy.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

how about adding in panthera? I really liked that map plus the terrain can make for some interesting mission design.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

so what you are suggesting is that it becomes a tg island pack and not a tg mod pack?

Comment

might as well. all the extras that where put into the TG mod pack where just to hold us over till ace. now that its here and we have all these shiney new toys why not look at different places to play with them. Plus just adding maps is a helluva lot easier than 23525345 .pbo's for other addons we need to worry about. cause if just one is missing there goes your night.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                    For turnover I would say one month and at final release, or VS1 and not B1.

Anyway, namalsk is a lag fest with a lot of issues. Keep everon, and that is the whole modpack, everon. Everyone is happy.
                    IMO Everon is a very dull and boring map. At least namalsk has interesting locations.

I would keep:

Mapfact editer objects
                    Everon
                    Namalsk (perhaps change it with another)

I would test:

Merc/Terr unit pack
                    SLA pack
                    Blackhawk pack (maybe)

I feel the kiowa is fairly poor addon and is mostly useless in missions. Other addons like RH weapons etc are more than likely non-compatible with ACE.

Comment

Originally posted by Inq View Post
                      IMO Everon is a very dull and boring map. At least namalsk has interesting locations.
                      I feel the kiowa is fairly poor addon and is mostly useless in missions. Other addons like RH weapons etc are more than likely non-compatible with ACE.
                      I agree there, while Everon for all intensive purposes has the best performance except Utes.
                      Nothing else is attractive besides that point from mission making perspective.

Also, with actual patch will bring more weapons and vehicles and units as standard pack (ACEX). So have an actual TGmodPack will void our current uses for them.
                      Also, I'm a certain that we will see some "extra" content from future ACE team.

Also, from addon management perspective. Keeping the addons to just ACE2 will keep the server working alot smoother. Just like with ACE1&ArmA days.

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

So if we drop everything but maps then what maps would you guys like to see? Furthermore, do you think we should adopt CAA1 or OFPICP (Formerly ACE-Islands)?
                        Personally I would like to keep the Germans as I am sure the ACE team will not add Nato forces. In ACE1 they clearly stated they were going to make ACE have an American focus.
                        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

German units are nice. Very well made by their team since its inception.

Also,we need to keep this thread open until we see some concrete addons that will be published once the actual patch is given. The addon making process is very unpredictable. Addon maker can dismiss the addon all together for various reasons or complete the project for the mod. Hence my suggestions to keep this going. I foresee a nice surprise coming ;)

Then we can see and compare more precisely what is needed. But all in all. To keep things simple and to future proof the missions for constant editing for new patches. We should just stick to ACE & ACEX for now.

my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
                            So if we drop everything but maps then what maps would you guys like to see? Furthermore, do you think we should adopt CAA1 or OFPICP (Formerly ACE-Islands)?
                            Personally I would like to keep the Germans as I am sure the ACE team will not add Nato forces. In ACE1 they clearly stated they were going to make ACE have an American focus.
                            While I like the german units, Im not sure its a good idea to have them. They have custom weapons (MG3/MG4 not ACE standard) and the APC has a different armor system to ACE vehicles.

Plus with only standard infantry man model and medic model there is little we can do with them for missions.

Comment

I'd like to keep the f16s... but that's just me.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X