Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination Editing Trouble

Hey Guys,

I have been wanting to modify Domination for my clan recently, but I am running into trouble.

Usually way of uncompressing mission don't work...
    I have had trouble compressing and uncompressing Xeno's missions. Usually I use UnPBO utility on missions and it works fine. It does not work on Xeno's stuff. I ended up having to use another tool called PBO View.

Unable to Save edited version to MPMissions in Editor...
    I am unable to save Domination from the editor to Multiplayer missions. The editor simply fails to do it (although appearing to operate normally). I have to use another utiilty called PBO View to extract and recompress Domination.

Edited Mission cannot be played on Dedicated Server...
    Finally, with my editor version of Domination, which I compressed using that PBO View tool, I cannot play it on a dedicated server. However, i can play it locally on my machine.

don't waste time asking about mods, I'm not running any. I think its something with the way he is compressing his mission maybe? I don't know. Anyone else have this trouble and get around it?
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Re: Domination Editing Trouble

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have been wanting to modify Domination for my clan recently, but I am running into trouble.

Usually way of uncompressing mission don't work...
    I have had trouble compressing and uncompressing Xeno's missions. Usually I use UnPBO utility on missions and it works fine. It does not work on Xeno's stuff. I ended up having to use another tool called PBO View.

Unable to Save edited version to MPMissions in Editor...
    I am unable to save Domination from the editor to Multiplayer missions. The editor simply fails to do it (although appearing to operate normally). I have to use another utiilty called PBO View to extract and recompress Domination.

Edited Mission cannot be played on Dedicated Server...
    Finally, with my editor version of Domination, which I compressed using that PBO View tool, I cannot play it on a dedicated server. However, i can play it locally on my machine.

don't waste time asking about mods, I'm not running any. I think its something with the way he is compressing his mission maybe? I don't know. Anyone else have this trouble and get around it?
    I was using Kegetys cPBO to unpack another heavily scripted, domination-like mission called Untern Lehrgangen (by KidDynamite, another German guy maybe a friend of Xeno?)... don't ask how, but I discovered that cPBO was not unpacking all the files, so of course it wasn't running properly because it was missing critical pieces.

When I figured that out, I couldn't have been more angry at the wasted time. I switched to using Eliteness by Mikero to pack/unpack PBOs. The mission that was having problems immediately worked, and I haven't had any trouble yet with any other missions.

I have no idea if that is your situation or if it will help, but I guess my warning is this: not all PBO utilities are the same.

Looking through Domination and Lehrgangen, both KidDynamite and Xeno make very good missions and there is alot to learn. I just wish I spoke better German.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X